The 2022 election politics

in a day otherwise filled with bad political news here’s some good news for a change.

First from the indispensable Ron DeSantis

In the Executive Order suspending Warren from office, DeSantis ordered, “As of the signing of this Executive Order, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, assisted by other law enforcement agencies as necessary, is requested to: (i) assist in the immediate transition of Andrew Warren from the Office of the State Attorney for the 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida, with access only to retrieve his personal belongings; and (ii) ensure that no files, papers, documents, notes, records, computers, or removable storage media are removed from the Office of the State Attorney for the 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida by Andrew Warren or any of his staff.”

Second, the corrupt state of Arizona proves the old maxim that if the margin is large enough it is harder to steal the election

2 Likes

Edit.
Another one bites the dust. Here’s a report in a masterpiece of unbiased journalism:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/jaime-herrera-beutler-is-ousted-from-congress-for-her-jan-6-impeachment-vote-her-would-be-replacement-embraces-trumps-election-lies/

Jaime Herrera Beutler is ousted from Congress for her Jan. 6 impeachment vote. Her would-be replacement embraces Trump’s election lies

——-

One of the three of ten remaining Trump impeachment voting republican representatives is in trouble

Edit. 8/9/22
Kent pulls ahead. As of Monday night, Kent had 22.8% of the vote and Herrera Beutler has 22.3%, a gap of 960 votes.

BTW Jaime is a man’s name. If she were a democrat I would say she is part of their tranny squad but she’s too good looking to be a democrat. Maybe her parents have a sense of humor.

Kent surges to within 257 votes of Herrera Beutler

Trend not boding well for incumbent’s hopes to reach November general electiontg44

1 Like

The difference between the parties could not be clearer. Let’s hope the election is not stolen
Edit. I just looked it up and it’s interesting that Liz Cheney voted against the bill

1 Like

She is a typical Republican in the mold of the Bushes, her father, McCain, Romney, and so forth. They are Conservatives who are unwilling to back measures needed today actually to advance Conservative ideals. Only Trump, so far, has been willing to do that. The others have their holy pinkies in the air and will not stoop down to fight it out in the mud with the current crop of woke liberal filth which forms the heart of the Democrat party.

2 Likes

As much as everyone loves to hate people like her, she does have her feet planted firmly on the Republican side of the isle - she just often leans way over the line without actually taking a step.

You cannot square that with the thesis below contained:

First, it’s pretty clear Liz is going to lose in two days. I’m only mentioning that in a rather hopeless (but valiant) effort to keep this post on topic.

Now for the meat:

The high likelihood of her impending loss on Tuesday does not matter to Liz. This is because winning another term as Wyoming’s Representative is not her primary goal. But mark my words, Liz is achieving/has already achieved her real purpose. Consider:

Liz’s status as vice-chair of the January sixth committee has garnered her nationwide attention. Her profile is WAY up. People, voters all across the USA, know who she is and what her objectives are.

Liz’s top ambition all along has been to ensure Donald J. Trump never again becomes POTUS. She now has accumulated the power to bring that goal to reality. If Trump runs in 2024, Liz will make a third party POTUS bid from her high political perch. She will lose, of course. But she will garner sufficient votes to ensure a Democrat POTUS victory in 2024, whether for Biden or for a different Democrat POTUS candidate. Liz does not care, so long as Trump loses, an outcome upon which she is inalterably fixated.

Liz’s scheme is far more Machiavellian than it is Quixotic. I would not be surprised if her father had a hand in cooking it up. And it is a catastrophe for our country.

2 Likes

The ballot box stuffing emergency is about to be declared.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/16/covid-public-health-emergency-extension

The Biden admin appears headed toward extending the COVID public health emergency for another 3 months past the current Oct. 13 deadline.

That would allow special powers and programs to continue past the midterm election.

and who wouldn’t want more “special powers”, after all?

new COVID cases have been falling and wastewater surveillance data has shown declines for three straight weeks

definitely sounds like an emergency to me.

3 Likes

Possible shenanigans in today’s primaries:
The Alaska primary was designed by Murk to give her a chance. The ridiculous rank choice system is tailor made for her. Apparently it was passed by a voter initiative but there must have been a lot of skulduggery.

Unlike in the special House election, Tuesday’s Senate primary will not involve ranked-choice voting. Tuesday will showcase an all-party primary in which the top four voter-getters will advance to the general election; then, in November, the winner will be declared according to ranked-choice voting. Murkowski is not expected to lead in Tuesday’s primary, because the environment will likely favor more partisan candidates such as Tshibaka. However, experts say that once it’s time for the general election, Murkowski will gain more support from Democratic and independent voters, giving her an advantage over Tshibaka.

in Wyoming, Cheney has been trying to get Democrats to vote in the Republican primary. she’s losing by such a wide margin that it may not make any difference.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/five-things-to-watch-in-alaska-wyoming-primaries/ar-AA10Ih06

Edt. The skulduggery in Alaska is revealed

2 Likes

So called “ranked choice” voting is flat out ridiculous!!!

1 Like

some results for the August 16 primaries

Decision Desk HQ projects Harriet Hageman (@HagemanforWY
) is the winner of the Republican nomination for Wyoming’s at-large U.S. House congressional district. She has defeated incumbent Rep Liz Cheney (R). #DecisionMade: 9:27pm EDT

2 Likes

Some stuff is flat out really funny:

Liz Cheney just compared herself with Abe Lincoln

ETA

And it becomes even worse:

Gag me with a spoon. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

What is the specific problem with ranked-choice voting that makes it “ridiculous”?

1 Like

it is really a scheme to disconnect elections from issues and allow candidates with marginal support from voters to win elections. In the end, it is all about political power, not about what is best for the American people and for preserving our great republic. So-called reformers want to change process rules so they can manipulate election outcomes to obtain power.

The “ridiculous” part is intuitively obvious even to a casual observer. If you cannot see it, I cannot help!

Finally, notice that at Heritage they are interested in preserving our American REPUBLIC, as am I. It is Democrats who scream constantly about preserving “democracy”. They detest our Republic and want permanently to alter it.

1 Like

The “ridiculous” part is intuitively obvious even to a casual observer. If you cannot see it, I cannot help!

Do you not see any value in moving election results away from the extremes by making moderate candidates, from both parties, more viable options? (or potentially even making 3rd party candidates viable in some instances)

Then again, you think the Heritage Foundation actually has your interests at heart…

None whatsoever:

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

– B. Goldwater

2 Likes

Ah, Barry Goldwater. The epitome of upstanding moral character that we should all aspire to. /s

If you cannot see the peak irony in quoting Goldwater related to “defense of liberty”, I cannot help! :stuck_out_tongue:

I tend to think that it means candidates with marginal support have support that isnt as marginal as the polls indicate.

2 Likes

Yes. Even Hillary Clinton supported Senator Goldwater in 1964.

She lost. We all lost. And instead we got LBJ and his interminable war, which it took another Republican, Richard Nixon, finally to end.

2 Likes

Maybe the Dems will vote for her just like in WY?

Liz Cheney is considering a presidential run to stop Trump after losing her House seat

1 Like

Are peopel really so stupid so as to not be able to see how this would be nothing but an attempt to throw the election to the Democrats?

Ok, sorry, I retract that question.

1 Like