The 2022 election politics

Speaking of push polls

For every election cycle, a few months prior to voting day, pollsters release surveys that show Democrats leading with wide margins. The media gleefully amplify these polls.

This isn’t a recent phenomenon.

Back in 1980, Reagan was trailing Carter trailing by 8% even in some mid-October polls. Reagan ended up winning the 1980 general election in a landslide.

In 2016, pollsters said with certitude that Hillary Clinton would be the next president. The New York Times proclaimed she has a 91 percent chance of winning. Trump won that election by a respectable margin in the electoral college.

In 2020, Trump was supposed to lose to Biden by a landslide. In reality, Trump secured 10 million more votes than in 2016, despite the media onslaught for four years, Democrat electoral malpractice, and suppression of all anti Biden stories. Trump received 7 million more votes than any sitting president in American history.

Edit. i.e. stealing the election

We are months before an election and various Democrat mouthpieces are doing the very same thing.

3 Likes

And the conclusion was good too.

Former U.S. representative and Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (R-GA),who knows a thing or two about politics, wrote “November realities are going to be a lot friendlier to Republicans than August news media fantasies.”

3 Likes

In 2020, Trump was supposed to lose to Biden by a landslide. In reality, Trump secured 10 million more votes than in 2016, despite the media onslaught for four years, Democrat electoral malpractice , and suppression of all anti Biden stories. Trump received 7 million more votes than any sitting president in American history.

This whole paragraph is a ridiculous take on how events panned out.

He lost the electoral college 306 - 232.

And he lost the popular vote by a full 7 million votes.

The guy DID lose in a landslide.

1 Like

The United States is a republic not a democracy and we select presidents using electoral college votes. The electoral college total you quote was due to a few thousand votes in a small number of swing states. The results in those states were far different than the polls predicted. See the poll quoted in my post above that claimed Biden would win Wisconsin by 17 percentage points instead of 0.6% points that the stolen votes showed.

The article goes back to elections in history such as 1980 when the polls were showing that Jimmy Carter had a lead over Ronald Reagan. The actual result was a blowout both in the electoral college and in the popular vote.

The most charitable thing we can say about the polls is that their model is no longer working. They conduct them by calling people randomly. I certainly would not answer questions about my politics with a random stranger who called me out of the blue,

3 Likes

The USA scum mainstream media, an instrumentality of the DNC, is every bit as favorable toward Republicans, and toward Trump in particular. as the upper echelons of the FBI.

Noted in passing:

I heard a report that political contributions among FBI bigwigs went:

98% to Democrats

2% to Republicans

Contribution percentages among FBI rank and file, of course, were much different.

2 Likes

that the stolen votes showed.

What a joke.

With regard to the 2022 mid-term elections:

I am witnessing political genius among Democrats, political folly and rank disorganization among Republicans. It is disgusting.

The Democrats, with a solid assist from their Department of Justice, are succeeding wildly in making Trump and his machinations the focus of political discourse. Nobody, and in particular not Republicans, is talking about the border, uncontrolled inflation, runaway crime, drugs, carefree spending, or the countless other failures and evils which attach to the current administration.

Instead, Trump almost alone fills the political discussion. And that is a big win for very smart Democrats. Can they maintain this high level of “watch the shiny object” until early November? It would not surprise me in the least.

3 Likes

Concession:

I have to concede, pursuant to the above, that Trump himself is supporting and assisting Democrats at every turn. Here is his latest debacle, which just happened:

How does this help Republican candidates in the soon upcoming 2022 midterm elections? It does exactly the opposite. Trump might as well be out there, all across America, campaigning for Democrats!!!

Trump has several screws loose. He clearly cares far more about Trump than he does about America’s future. Because nothing in history has been as harmful to our country as this current Democrat wrecking crew.

But Trump cannot grasp that the windshield is much larger, and obviously more important, than the rear window. All he cares about is the past, and the fact he was manifestly outsmarted in a rigged election he stood by and permitted to take place. When you’re Trump, maintenance of your personal ego is job one, not preservation of American freedom and liberty.

3 Likes

Yes, that is charitable. The actual purpose of most political polls today is to sway voters to vote or not vote. The only polls that are designed to actually elicit how people plan to vote are all internal to the two parties.

3 Likes

The Democrats in California go full communist. This is a dictatorship of the proletariat.

Newsom has not stated a position on the bill, but his Department of Finance opposes it, saying it would create ongoing costs and worsen delays in the state’s labor enforcement system.

Supporters said Monday the bill incorporates their discussions with the Newsom administration.

If Newsom did not have national ambitions he would sign this in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Or …
Newsom has not yet polled on this question, but he has floated a couple of trial balloons. :smile:

1 Like

Thank you, President Biden!

POTUS is owed a debt of gratitude, having at last abandoned his extended vacation, for coming out and campaigning vigorously on behalf of Democrat 2022 midterm election candidates. Thank you, Mr. President!

Biden’s approval numbers were rising in a worrisome manner when he was concealed from sight on vacation. It was a situation reminiscent of his days in his basement. He needs to be speaking out before the American public in order to drive those numbers back down where they were before July. I dearly hope his campaigning, and his asinine speeches, continue apace. The guy is a living (so far, at least) campaign commercial for 2022 Republican midterm candidates all across this once great country.

GO JOE! Keep up the speechifying so everyone is once again reminded what dorks you and your pathetic party are!!

3 Likes

Biden is going to give a primetime soul of the nation speech. LOL. I think this will be Jimmy Carter’s malaise 2. As the saying goes, history repeats itself first is a tragedy then as a farce

4 Likes

Shocking.

Maybe I’m supposed to interpret this as “the charges won’t stick, but we’ll play the rampant speculation game (“nuclear codes!”) til Nov”?

2 Likes

Republican internecine warfare awards victory to Pelosi in Alaska special election

In a scenario savored by Democrats nationwide, Sarah Palin “lost” her bid to become Alaska’s next House Representative. How could this happen in a Republican state?

Easy. A Republican jackass named Nick Begich, with no real chance for victory, split the Republican vote. Sarah and the Democrat woman who won were actually more friendly with one another than you might anticipate. The real animus in the race was between Sarah and Begich.

Sarah received more votes than Begich. But he managed to siphon off enough votes to pave the way for a Democrat victory. Does this bother Begich? Has he learned a lesson? Of course not! RINOs like Begich do not learn lessons. He will remain in the November race and campaign vigorously, principally against fellow Republican Palin.

What about Alaska’s ridiculous ranked choice voting? It played a role by allowing Begich to remain on the ballot and siphon off Palin votes. Ranked choice voting is just one more way for Democrats to rig elections.

1 Like

If you want to announce something bad, but have nothing bad to announce, you can still announce the future announcement of something implied to be bad (does anyone really think they’ll make an announcement if there are no charges?). We can be damn sure that if there actually are charges imminent, they’ll all be tripping over each other in the rush to the podium no matter what the timing may be.

This is more of the same subtle election fraud that allows Democrats to sit back and exclaim “Come on, we’re clearly going out of our way to ensure we are not meddling! Wink, wink.”

2 Likes

Or maybe they learned from the 2016 Anthony Weiner’s computer fiasco and decided to stay away from saying anything that could be a factor in the elections?

I would need to study it further but do the rules allow you to make your favorite candidate as the first to 4th choice? I did a quick search and as far as I know they do. Some mathematician should study this and decide the optimal strategy for the voter to get his chosen candidate to win .

It’s extensively studied and ranked choice is the least bad election approach for avoiding dumb situations. The optimal game theory is to rank your first choice first, and then if you don’t want your major opponent to win, put them last behind all the wackos. Of course, some times thus means you elect a wacko. Or you could just rank them as you prefer them, that works pretty well too.

Oh, sure.

Hit voters who cannot even name the three branches of government with the complexities and gamesmanship involved with ranked choice.

What a great idea!!

Total nonsense is what it is.

1 Like