The 2022 election politics

I can guarantee that’s not true. I can also guarantee that she doesn’t have a working clock.

1 Like

Heh.

HeHe

For Democrats, the decision was likely the worst-possible outcome.

1 Like

More Wisconsin election news.

double he he

Evers will be in an uphill battle for reelection this year based on polls and history, according to AP News —Evers beat Walker by less than 30,000 votes in 2018, and the candidate from the president’s party has lost in the past eight gubernatorial races in Wisconsin.

1 Like

Meltdowns in Madison and Milwaukee, joy in Green Bay. :grinning:

If you thought Brown County leaned Republican in 2020, just you wait for November. It’s gonna be a Republican tsunami there.

2 Likes

The 2022 Senate races are attracting huge money.

McConnell is a bottom feeding swamp creature. He’s pouring money into Murkowski and Liz Cheney campaigns.

The GOP-controlled Senate Leadership Fund is reserving eight-figure ad flights starting in September to protect Republican seats in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as well as to take Democratic-held seats in Arizona, Georgia and Nevada, the group told POLITICO. SLF also laid down millions in Alaska to protect incumbent Lisa Murkowski from a Donald Trump-inspired primary challenge.

2 Likes

This is a great “publicity stunt”. Polling I have seen indicates that voters strongly disapprove the invasion across our southern border,

2 Likes

Like Glenn Reynolds says don’t get cocky

Ha! I thought that was Bee headline. Considering it was Wisc Public Radio, I decided not to click, but can only imagine their lament.

Well done, Wisconsin Supreme Court.

2 Likes

Go Florida and Gov. DeSantis

Edit
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/desantis-targets-disney-world-e2-80-99s-reedy-creek-district-in-special-session/ar-AAWnokn

Just hours later, it passed along party lines 14-7 out of the House State Affairs Committee.

2 Likes

Democrat Party saviour Liz Warren has 2022 election rescue plan!

Democrat Party worries vanish as sweet Liz points the way!

In all seriousness:

Where would the Democrat Party be without Elizabeth Warren? She is the second smartest woman in the world (Hillary is still the smartest, though with all her drinking brain cells are being lost at an alarming rate).

Liz, they need you. And they richly deserve you!

1 Like

Here is the plan

To put it bluntly: if we fail to use the months remaining before the elections to deliver on more of our agenda, Democrats are headed toward big losses in the midterms,” Warren wrote, adding, “We need to finalize a budget reconciliation deal, making giant corporations pay their share to fund vital investments in combating climate change and lowering costs for families, which can advance with only 50 Senate votes.”

Among her other recommendations:

• Crack down on corruption by prohibiting members of Congress and their spouses from owning or trading individual stocks.

• Address inflation. “Beefing up regulators’ authority to end price-gouging, breaking up monopolies, and passing a windfall profits tax is a good start,” Warren wrote.

• Close tax loopholes for the wealthy and enact a global minimum corporate tax, while directing some of those revenues clean energy, affordable child care, and universal pre-K.

• President Biden should take executive action to cancel some student debt, lower prescription drug prices and ensure that “more workers are eligible for overtime pay.”

1 Like

Her comments make it sound like they’ve intentionally been pissing around for 18 months, and now finally have to start actually doing something. As if they havent already been desperately trying to do that stuff for 18 months without any success.

1 Like

Title 42 cancellation promising massive impact on 2022 election

Democrats running scared

More Democrats come out daily against Biden. And with darn good reason.

Big Shock: Schumer vocally supports Biden; wants to see Title 42 ended

2 Likes

I posted that only several days ago. Looks like:

Liz’s attention seeking efforts are working for her:

Sweet Liz will be making appearances on TWO of the Sunday morning shows later today: Meet the Press and Face the Nation

Liz wanted to reclaim the spotlight, well:

NO PROBLEM!

Reality:

This is part and parcel of media attempts to wake up Democrat Party efforts to thwart obvious Republican domination of the upcoming 2022 election. The media is doing everything it can to counteract an ongoing Biden catastrophe, which has become an all out American catastrophe.

1 Like

Will obvious Biden lie impact 2022 voting?

Back in 2020 the American mainstream media successfully deep sixed the Hunter laptop story right before the election. Now it’s Joe himself on the hot seat. Will the media, once again, circle the wagons to protect him and the MANY Democrat candidates for whom he will be campaigning over these upcoming six months? Biden is already woefully unpopular. Being caught in a lie this big would further tarnish him and his party with the 2022 election just ahead:

Hunter Biden’s closest business partner made at least 19 visits to the White House and other official locations between 2009 and 2015, including a sitdown with then-Vice President Joe Biden in the West Wing.

Visitor logs from the White House of former President Barack Obama reviewed by The Post cast further doubt over Joe Biden’s claims that he knew nothing of his son’s dealings.

It’s an obvious and important Biden lie. But will the media, only months in front of the crucial 2022 election, focus on this lie to where the American public becomes aware? Of will they, as happened in 2020, hide such a story behind their curtain of secrecy?

Trump could NEVER survive a lie of this magnitude. Biden, the “Big Guy”, probably can.

4 Likes

I am afraid the Iran deal is going to be a big issue in the 2022 campaign. I hope the Congress can kill it but with the Democrats controlling the agenda they might not be able to. Here’s another indication that it is a terrible deal.

2 Likes

Manchin said legislation that deals with “major social changes” – as BBB sought to tackle free preschool, clean energy projects and health care – needs to go through the regular Senate process and “build consensus.”

Fresh off a spring break recess, environmental groups, lobbyists and progressives are making a new push to get at least something passed in the Senate before the midterm elections in November.

Many lawmakers view July 4 as a crucial deadline to get something passed before the midterm season, and White House officials are facing the “real fear” that they will fail to reach a deal with Manchin to get anything done, according to the Washington Post’s conversations with Biden administration officials.

It’s hard to tell with a politician but I really think Manchin believes what he’s saying. Good for him. And for the USA.

4 Likes

The court will appoint a “special master” to draw the maps. This could reduce the number of Democrats seats by three or four.

1 Like

To me this is the largest 2022 election issue:

Will Republicans have the cajones to offer a Republican replacement for Biden early in 2023?

That’s right; early 2023, not 2025.

By virtually any measure Biden has run America into the ditch. If he retains his office until January of 2025 it could easily be over. He is doing so much damage to our country, on a daily basis, that we can ill afford to wait until 2025 to call a halt. Something needs to be done pronto. And the only tool available is the subject of this thread, the 2022 election. There is no other way.

Everyone reading this knows the drill:

• Republicans control House and Senate start of 2023
  • They impeach Biden and Kamala
  • The House Speaker takes over

And you know the House Speaker can be anyone the Republicans might select; does not have to be an elected House member.

That’s the drill and it is doable if America votes Republican in the fall. The real question revolves around courage; the courage to pull off such a desperately needed change in leadership NOW!, and not wait until it is too late. It would be stunning. And you also know:

• the American press would go berserk
  • American academia would be wildly opposed

Bottom line, I do not believe Republicans have the guts to execute this fix. And there would be some who would not even buy in (Romney, Murkowski, maybe Collins). So the country will stumble along following the 2022 vote without taking desperately needed corrective action to repair all of Biden’s screw ups. This does not leave us a lot of room for hope.

1 Like

There’s plenty of reason to impeach Biden with the Hunter laptop evidence.

Murk will be home in 2023 after being defeated

1 Like