The 2022 election politics

We can only hope. She is bad.

But the most important thing is getting rid of Biden ASAP. He is destroying traditional America, taking a wrecking ball to our country with intent and malice.

Go Trump …

My sources are saying with Vance we might be confronting Romney Jr…

Just what we need; another Romney. :worried: :worried:

My opinion of any Trump endorsement:

New York City does not produce many genuine Conservatives.

2 Likes

Democrats are going absolutely nuts in reaction to the abortion decision leak. It’s all in an effort to gin up votes for the upcoming 2022 election.

Harris is screaming “how dare they” as she addresses (what she believes are) all women. Many women, of course, place morality over “choice”. But to Harris such women are not genuine examples of their sex and do not count . . . . . in her “California world”.

Schumer is just as bad. He is out there threatening an abortion vote in the Senate. He fails to mention it would not be the first time. Last time this stunt was pulled, two of Schumer’s own members (Casey, Manchin) voted for life!! As Harris said: how dare they!!

It’s all such an obvious sack of crap, once again done with the upcoming election front of mind.

4 Likes

Who knows but he’s the candidate. The alternative is the faux moderate Ryan so I know who I would vote for if I were in Ohio.

1 Like

Well, of course.

Viewed from your California perch, any candidate to the right of Karl Marx himself could be mistaken for a Republican. :grinning:

1 Like

The polls I have seen indicate that most people do not like it but would approve abortion in the first trimester. Beyond that large majorities of both Republicans and Democrats are opposed. It seems to me that the Democrats are overplaying their hand. We have a long time ago before the election and hopefully Republicans can raise enough funds to bring out the issue of time of abortion to overcome the propaganda blitz by the left-wing media.

2 Likes

Nothing new there. But so are the Republicans in too many “total ban, no exceptions” states.

I have not followed it that closely because it has been largely irrelevant. But if Roe v. Wade is rightly overturned then the political process will play out.

2 Likes

More on the Ohio election. There was a huge disparity in turnout between the Republicans and Democrats. Here’s the analysis by Scott Johnson of powerline

Democrat Tim Ryan skated to victory in the Democratic primary. I didn’t and don’t care who the Republican candidate is. I only want him to be able to beat Ryan in November. Ryan is a fake tough guy who can only win by pretending to stand outside the mainstream of his party. He didn’t have a serious opponent in the three-way Democrat primary.

Looking at the primary returns, I infer that Vance has good shot. Republican turnout was approximately 2x Democrat turnout. Woo hoo!

Vance was competitive with Ryan even with the Republican vote split among five serious candidates. Vance drew 340,991 votes while Ryan drew 355,764.

Is it wrong to take heart from that? I hope not, though I stand to be corrected. Until we hear to the contrary from Henry Olsen, I have to think it reflects enthusiasm on the Republican side.4r

2 Likes

Go Trump. News item: never Trumper Bill Kristol donates to Democrat Ryan in Ohio Senate race.

Are there any such states? Or is the perception of them existing merely a creation of the Democrat propaganda machine, that claims any restriction at all is the same as a total ban? Some states are more restrictive than others, but I thought the closest anyone has actually gotten to a ban with no exceptions is requiring some kind of formal process rather than the mother simply deciding to show up at a clinic on whim. Most of the laws they bitch about are an attempted compromise, since there isny anywhere in the US with a clear, substantial majority of residents in either camp.

2 Likes

Not today insofar as I’m aware. I was thinking of proposed rules which would go into effect when/if the Court rules Roe dead. Some of the states have rather draconian notions on this.

You say draconian. I say progressively protective of those without a voice. :smile:

1 Like

I am respectful of your sincerely held beliefs. But when they rule out rape and incest things become dicey even for supporters of life.

I’m personally not an absolutist. So when they balk at the “morning after” pill my radar lights up. I doubt the baby is ensouled at that early stage of development.

Course I’m equally horrified at twelve or fifteen weeks. That is WAY too late to be respectful of the life of the baby.

2 Likes

I guess it’s more a matter of how much of a supporter of life one is. Sorry, I wrestled with a better way to say it, but am having trouble. I might reconsider rape and incest if they would kill the SOB that created the child … probably not though. I mean, if it’s murder for non-rape/incest …

Well, he is in trouble in Pennsylvania:

Oz-Turkey-Election-300x169

That is a photo of Trump-backed Dr. Oz voting in 2018 . . . . . . in the TURKISH election!!

. . . a photograph of Oz casting a ballot in Turkey’s 2018 presidential election is rankling some national security experts — particularly after recently saying he has “never been politically involved in Turkey in any capacity.”

Leave it to Trump to place celebrity over . . . well . . . pretty much everything else!!

DeSANTIS for PRESIDENT!!

or if you prefer

CRUZ for PRESIDENT!!

Trump will be too old.

2 Likes

I know this is not relevant to your point, but are we really going to start considering merely casting a vote in a general election to constitute “being involved in politics”?

It’s an individual decision. Personally I look upon voting as minimal involvement. Too many people don’t even vote. That is zero involvement, assuming of course there is nothing else along those lines.

Oz is a Turk. There are 100% Americans running in his race for a seat in the US Senate. I prefer them and I hope one of them wins.

Course I’m not for Trump, either; not now. I never have supported Trump in any primary. The general election?

Sure, I am 100% behind President Trump in any race vs. any Democrat. Period. And I voted for him. But not in a primary. Trump is a New Yorker; not my cup of tea.

The Democrats and their media were initially giddy about the leak but are now sobering up.

2 Likes