The 2024 election politics

Life in blue state America. Is this what the voters wanted? I like the spin by Walgreens. LOL

A Walgreens store in Chicago reportedly has been redesigned to allow customers to browse only two aisles of products – after they pass through anti-theft detectors.

The changes at the store on 2 E. Roosevelt Road in the South Loop area put most of the merchandise in aisles behind staffed counters, which customers can shop digitally through kiosks, according to Block Club Chicago.

The website says a sign instructs shoppers to “place your order and relax” while staff at the store pull requested items off shelves kept away from the public.

“Let us do the shopping,” the sign reportedly reads.

2 Likes

But, but isn’t California a sanctuary state?

The illegals arrived in style on a chartered private jet.

3 Likes

More on life in blue state America. Will the last one to leave turn off the lights?

giving up hope on a return of SF’s convention market.

1 Like

I was not trying to imply anything. I was only talking about the quote I quoted. I have no opinion on the actual matter at hand. What she said about being “at home” and “lucky” is 100% government propaganda (not misinformation in the sense that she didn’t say it, she did, but in the sense that she couldn’t possibly mean it and was forced to say it).

Congrats! Those mind reading courses are paying off in a big way … well, maybe … or do you have a magical goat on your payroll? :smile:

1 Like

You don’t need to read minds to know that foreigners could never feel “at home” in Russia. And nobody is “lucky” there, because all the “lucky” people tend to fall out of windows once a month.

1 Like

Now I’m intrigued. You seem to have a keen insight on this, so in what other countries do you think foreigners could never feel “at home”?

I suspect you’re right.

IMO only non-homogeneous countries like USA and Canada can make people from anywhere (or almost anywhere) in the world feel “at home”. Pretty much all other countries are homogeneous, so you have to look and sound like the people who live there before those people accept you as one of their own and make you feel “at home.”

Technically Russia also has lots of minority groups that live there, but I suspect they’re frequently discriminated against by the majority (as a recent example, I’ve read reports that recruitments/drafts are concentrated in the poorer far east regions of Russia, far away from the richer Moscow). Not that this lady looks like a minority, she doesn’t, just trying to illustrate the point. Unless she has a talent for languages, she’ll never get rid of her accent even if she learns to speak Russian. It’s going to be very difficult to assimilate, especially at her age – by my guesstimate, languages become increasingly more difficult to learn after 20, accents are more difficult to drop after 12.

1 Like

Good news! We can now talk about stealing elections again. Specifically, its been 3 years since 2020 was “stolen” and now we can say so without censorship.

But Biden doesn’t want us to, since, he’s got plans for 2024 along similar lines I guess?

U.S. President Joe Biden’s re-election campaign said on Tuesday that a decision by YouTube to stop policing false claims about fraud in the 2020 race is “reckless” and could lead to violence.

Seems like most of the violence around 2020 consists of the DC Feds throwing a bunch of trespassers in jail for years after shooting one of them, but then again I didn’t watch the Jan 6th committee circus either.

3 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/aoc-went-too-far-this-time/ar-AA1cdtYZ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=446facbceacd4dc59b5754d365a23e44&ei=73

“In every convo we’ve had with the White House,” AOC said, “they feel very strongly about the chances of their case before the court. While I personally do not share their same sense of optimism – not because I doubt the legal case, but because I do not believe the SCOTUS’ corruption can be trusted – the Biden admin has been insistent that they feel they have a case.”

Corruption - any time someone does something that I dont like.

How are comments like this not considered pushing misinformation and inciting insurrection? It’s far more baited than anything Trump ever said.

4 Likes

In other words, whoever controls the most bots and makes the best AI-generated lies could win the election.

Oh, so you’re now accepting that some foreigners could feel at home in Russia, right?

1 Like

What? Are we now letting bots and illegals vote? :wink:

As opposed to media/government generated lies?

Or …

• whoever controls the most media outlets
  • whoever promises the most government handouts
  • whoever corrupts the FBI to discount opposition evidence
  • whoever shuts down opposing viewpoints
  • whoever limits discussion

could win the election.

2 Likes

Here in the Frisco Bay Area all of the news media think this is a genius move. He knows he can’t get it through Congress so he wants a convention of the states. Again, “assault weapons” whatever that means.
Edit. At least he realizes that a constitutional amendment is needed. That does not stop California and its cities from passing blatantly unconstitutional laws and daring the population to sue them.

it would raise the federal minimum age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21; mandate universal background checks to purchase firearms; institute a waiting period for all gun purchases; and ban “assault weapons.”

You know what it means – likely the same as or similar to what was defined here: Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia

Mind readers on parade! :smile:

Who doesn’t know what it means? :smile:

From the Wikipedia article that you cite

In May 2012, the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence said that “the inclusion in the list of features that were purely cosmetic in nature created a loophole that allowed manufacturers to successfully circumvent the law by making minor modifications to the weapons they already produced.”

2 Likes

I said “or similar to”. Hopefully humans learned from past mistakes.

Which means you don’t know what it means. You think you know what it “likely” means, or what it likely is “similar to”.

1 Like

Here we go again. The Michigan Attorney General and Secretary of State are both Democrats, so they ignored it.

https://www.michigannewssource.com/2023/06/absentee-ballots-discovered-in-genesee-county-storage-unit/

Absentee Ballots Discovered in Genesee County Storage Unit

FLINT, Mich. (Michigan News Source) – Nearly three hundred absentee ballots from the 2020 election were discovered in a Genesee County storage unit.

Rachel Stanke, the Thetford Township Supervisor, filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and presented her discovery to the township board and residents.

Stanke first became aware that the missing ballots might exist in 2021. Initially, she alerted the Michigan Attorney General and the Secretary of State. She later contacted Michigan State Police (MSP) after receiving tips about missing ballots and the discovery of supposed “old township documents.”

2 Likes