The 2024 election politics

Vote Biden in 2024. He will cancel all medical debt. Twice if you’re not a white male. :smile:

2 Likes

When will DOJ chief Merrick Garland send his FBI Stassi to raid the Florida governor’s residence?

1 Like

Who wants to make a donation to this Pres candidate?

3 Likes

I did not know much about Burgum. Did some research and he seems OK. Campaigning on the economy, energy, and national security. He certainly knows how to get publicity.

1 Like

Coincidence? Is the Big Guy getting a cut on the Columbian cocaine output?

2 Likes

“ Without physical evidence”

Does that mean they missed the “property of H. Biden” sticker on the package?

1 Like

California Democrats do a u-turn on increased penalties for child sex trafficking. They initially killed a republican bill in the assembly, but reversed themselves after pressure from Newsom. Would this have happened if Newsom were not running for president? Maybe. The mostly leftist news media were actually reporting the story. BTW, the bill still has not passed the Assembly and could be amended by the Democrats.

1 Like

Interviews with all the main non-Trump Republican candidates

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/07/14/watch_live_tucker_carlson_grills_gop_2024_candidates_at_blaze_media_summit_in_iowa.html

The candidates attending included Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Vice President Mike Pence, U.S. Senator Tim Scott, former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley, entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, and former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson.

2 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4097493-ex-secret-service-agent-not-surprised-about-white-house-cocaine-incident/amp/

Forget the whole “no leads” crap, when this is one of the few buildings where they not only have a list, they have a background check for every person who walked in the door that day. That’s the opposite of having no lead, that’s having a pre-made list of suspects that you know includes the guilty person.

But more importantly:

The cocaine was found in a lobby area of the West Wing off the West Executive Avenue entrance in an area where people deposit electronics and personal items before entering, the Secret Service told The Hill.

Is it just me, or does it sound like if you were going to only install one surveillance camera in the White House, that area of that lobby would be one of the top choices for where to place it? Yet, there’s nothing?

Of course, going to the last paragraph of the article, we try to distract and put all the focus on the Republican’s “baseless” attempts to connect Hunter to the cocaine.

2 Likes

Oh, didn’t they mention the camera was accidentally turned off, non-operational, disabled? Oh wait, it was working, but the “tape” was accidentally erased, placed next to a large magnet, overwritten, lost, according to Rosemary Woods.

Oh well, nothing to see here. Besides, it was a small bag of coke, and it was just a white powder. We’re more focused on bad white Republicans. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone previously brought up Joe Man of La Mancha Manchin as a possible 2024 presidential candidate. I scoffed that he wouldn’t run and probably wouldn’t even run for re-election. Well, Joseph numbed gums Biden and the Democrat Party proceeded to bend Senator Manchin over so far that they may have gotten his dander up … proving me possibly wrong and whoever suggested his candidacy possibly right.

The only problem for Republicans is that there may be so few centrist Democrats remaining that he might take more Republican than Democrat votes. :frowning:

3 Likes

Smokin’ Joe’s DOJ appears to direct an FBI agent who investigated/ignored one of Hunter Biden’s cases to lie, avoid, refuse to answer questions containing non-public data.

Since the FBI GC sent this directive on a Sunday afternoon, the day before the questioning was to begin, the witness/potential whistle-blower had no time to determine what might be considered public or non-public.

This could not have been the intention of the FBI GC, and was obviously an oversight on his part. He will correct this oversight after his next promotion/raise. :smile:

I can remember when Smokin’ Joe meant a nemesis for Clay/Ali as opposed to the constitution. :frowning:

1 Like

It is hard to figure out the Democrats’ objections. It seems to be the voting system they are able to exploit in other states. I think it is because Youngkin was successful in exploiting it in 2021.

Democrats Are ‘Desperate,’ Running Scared in Response to Youngkin’s Early Voting Program

Not only did Youngkin win in 2021, as his campaign embraced the early voting rules that were in place, he became the first Republican governor elected since Bob McDonnell in 2009. Virginians also elected Republicans Winsome Earle-Sears for lieutenant governor and Jason Miyares as attorney general.

1 Like

The party of censorship or free speech. Vote according.

2 Likes

Problems at the WaPo

But after an initial surge of interest that lasted several years, and following his decision to step down as Amazon’s chief executive, Mr. Bezos receded somewhat at The Post, according to two people familiar with his interactions with the newsroom.

That changed in January, after Ms. Buzbee spoke with Mr. Bezos and conveyed an urgent message: Morale was low at The Post. Much of it, she said, stemmed from missteps by the newspaper’s chief business executive, Mr. Ryan, according to two people familiar with her remarks.

Ms. Buzbee’s relationship with Mr. Ryan had been fraught. He had accused Cameron Barr, her top deputy, of leaking information about The Post’s operations to the press, according to three people familiar with his comments, and had sought his ouster. Through a spokesperson, Mr. Ryan denied accusing Mr. Barr of leaking information and trying to get rid of him. The Post declined to comment on the situation. Two people familiar with the matter said there was no evidence to support the leaking claims.

Many at The Post had become frustrated with what they viewed as a stultified business culture over which Mr. Ryan presided, and had relayed these concerns to Ms. Buzbee.

The Post was also bleeding talent. In the past year, several prominent reporters, including the Pulitzer Prize winners Eli Saslow, Robert Samuels and Stephanie McCrummen, left, along with top editors including Mr. Barr; Steven Ginsberg, a longtime editor; David Malitz, senior culture editor; and Sharif Durhams, deputy managing editor.

2 Likes

Sadly, the Pew folks didn’t list the arbiter of facts/falsehoods. I suspect that it wouldn’t have made much of difference who they listed, other than Trump. It’s pretty apparent that convenience is the number one priority of the public, even if it means someone else doing the thinking. :frowning:

I suspect the difference is mostly between “You can have whatever opinion you want as long as you don’t try to force it on me”, and “You must agree with my opinion or you are wrong.”. All the blabbering about so-called false information has very little to do with any actual facts these days.

2 Likes

Interesting and cynical take on the FDA approval process from candidate Ramaswamy.

https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1682873796363952129

1 Like

The only presidential candidate that I’ve given more than a token donation to in almost 50 years.

President Joseph Robinette Biden changes tune on involvement with the little guy’s business (not illegal cocaine business) …
https://news.yahoo.com/photos-show-hunter-biden-dads-165550812.html

The White House has previously said the president never spoke to his son about his business dealings and had no knowledge of them. The president himself has also denied ever having spoken to his son about his business dealings or being involved in them.
“As we have said many times before, the president was not in business with his son,” Sams stated.
However, a June 29 statement released by White House spokesperson from the White House Counsel’s Office Ian Sams deviates from the president’s previous denials, according to Republicans.

“As we have said many times before, the president was not in business with his son,” Sams stated.

2 Likes