When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

Maybe a change to the thread title is required.

When I wrote that I was thinking as a long time resident of the United States of America, where freedom and liberty once reigned.

No longer. But I can remember when this used to be a free country.

4 Likes

Finally contractors too. Should have also extended dod/cdc based health and safety requirements to all contractors as well as a contract requirement, very early on.

If it makes sense for direct federal employees, it obviously would also make sense as contact requirements for all federal contracts. Seems like low hanging fruit.

So you agreed that Trump had the authority to ban contractors from using CRT in their HR training materials?

2 Likes

More on Biden mandates

BIDEN EXPECTED TO ASK LABOR DEPARTMENT TO ISSUE RULE FOR ANY EMPLOYERS WITH MORE THAN 100 EMPLOYEES TO HAVE A VACCINE AND/OR TESTING REQUIREMENT -NBC

1 Like

More details now available.

2 Likes

Risks to kids, esp boys and young men.

Teenage boys are six times more likely to suffer from heart problems from the vaccine than be hospitalised from Covid-19, a major study has found

Children who face the highest risk of a “cardiac adverse event” are boys aged between 12 and 15 following two doses of a vaccine, according to new research from the US.

Research published on Thursday will prompt fresh concerns about whether the risk of the vaccine outweighs the benefits for otherwise healthy children.

1 Like

Postal workers are exempt. @Bend3r thoughts?

1 Like

Pres Biden is afraid they’ll go postal.
Besides, they don’t interact with the public in any way. It’s not like they handle objects that the general public would ever touch.

1 Like

Common sense would say that the contractors that physically enter govt. facilities, interact with govt. employees (or the public while representing the govt.) should be the ones that this applies to, if legal.

I’ve done federal contract work for almost 10 years, and have never been to the facility (it’s two time zones away). I’ve only met one person, in person, involved in the contract. I’ve interacted with about a dozen over the phone. I guess our dear leader is going to say that covid can now spread through the phone, even if you’re wearing a mask. :smile: If I could get some work at an old folks home in New York, they probably would give me a pass.

1 Like

No, why do you think they can’t add restrictions to government contracts?
The employers are literally getting paid by the government to do things… under certain requirements.

No one is required to be a government contractor. The pay for the contracts is high, well above private market rates, and there are many terms attached to the contracts.

Just like people aren’t required (and shouldn’t remain with) to pursue security clearances if they aren’t loyal to the US government and national security interests (in this case, with public health policy that meets national security interests communicated through the CDC and/or federal government, such as mitigation measures in high risk areas), and instead subscribe to foreign propaganda that is meant to damage US national security like that from Russia.

I see no legal issue with employers requiring vaccinations to remain an employee. Actually, wasn’t there a supreme court ruling on the legality of a mass state vaccination requirement?

Greenwald on how the ACLU was against vaccine mandates before they were for them.

In 2008, the group explained its purpose this way: “the following report examines the relationship between civil liberties and public health in contemporary U.S. pandemic planning and makes a series of recommendations for developing a more effective, civil liberties-friendly approach.” Its key warning: “Not all public health interventions have been benign or beneficial, however. Too often, fears aroused by disease and epidemics have encouraged abuses of state power. Atrocities, large and small, have been committed in the name of protecting the public’s health.”

Compared to their latest in the NYT

[Many claim that] vaccines are a justifiable intrusion on autonomy and bodily integrity. That may sound ominous, because we all have the fundamental right to bodily integrity and to make our own health care decisions. But these rights are not absolute. They do not include the right to inflict harm on others. . . . While vaccine mandates are not always permissible, they rarely run afoul of civil liberties when they involve highly infectious and devastating diseases like Covid-19. . . .While limited exceptions are necessary, most people can be required to be vaccinated. . . . . Where a vaccine is not medically contraindicated, however, avoiding a deadly threat to the public health typically outweighs personal autonomy and individual freedom.

Personal rights? Bah!

The better points made by the ACLU pre-covid were that mandates and coercion were counterproductive and a poor approach to pandemics compared to honesty and education. Honesty certainly has been in short supply from our health officials this time around.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen one of your posts in so long that I completely forgot about your amazing r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶r̶e̶h̶ imagination.

Where, prey tell, did I say they can’t add restrictions to govt. contracts?

I love this line …

In fact, far from compromising civil liberties, vaccine mandates actually further civil liberties. . . . .

I’ve never been a fan of the aclu, but accepted them as well-meaning into the late 60’s … but my Lord, how blind and/or stupid can people be?

I used to be a fan but the ACLU has gone woke and has a huge case of Trump Derangement Syndrome these days. here’s a clear take on their radical departure from their original mission from one of their directors who still remembers what they (used to) stand for.

The embrace of political partisanship, the dropping of standards, the buckling to donor demands at the expense of long-held principles—Glasser says all of these developments have rendered the ACLU unrecognizable from the group he once led. The roots of the ACLU’s evolution from principled, nonpartisan defender of civil liberties into just another cog in the progressive machine are cultural

These days they are calling for banning books (transphobia!) instead of protecting them. Burn the witches!

“Abi­gail Shri­er’s book is a dan­ger­ous polemic with a goal of mak­ing peo­ple not trans,” Chase Stran­gio, the Amer­i­can Civil Lib­er­ties Union’s deputy direc­tor for trans­gen­der jus­tice

There’s your problem right there.

4 Likes

He was a force to be reckoned with, even as a kid … or so I’ve heard. To be fair, part of this is his fault, as he allowed/encouraged cozying up to Amoralcrat donors. He also encouraged money-toting lunatics to have a seat at the table. I’m happy he’s alive, but slightly sad that he sees what his policies have begotten.

Huh! Who the heck is against transportation? It may be the life-blood of the economy. Next, they’ll be saying the underground RR was homophobic.

Mandates

“We must guard against this disease known as the Constitution before it inhibits our ability to fight COVID and all the variants, which are way more dangerous than ending the American experiment once and for all”

3 Likes

I didn’t see the source, and darn near blew up my keyboard with Blanton’s. Minimal sleep over the last three weeks has made me grumpy, and apparently unobservant. Thank you for a very nice laugh to help wind down the day/night.

President no longer, Biden has assumed the role of American dictator. He is now DOTUS.

But wait. There is more; much more.

Biden’s “you must vaccinate” attack is solely for Americans. There is no requirement whatsoever, under this new edict, for thousands of illegals to be vaccinated before being distributed thanks to dictator Biden, by plane and by bus, all across our once fruited plain.

Here we once again find Biden’s hate and scorn reserved for American citizens while his love and caring overflow in the direction of people who do not belong here, have no right to be here, and cost us money while spreading disease.

If forced vaccination is so important, why are illegals not included in Biden’s ridiculous mandate?

So Sept 17 marks the start of “Constitution Week”.

Will Biden be issuing the annual proclamation?

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/STATUTE-70/pdf/STATUTE-70-Pg932.pdf#page=1