When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

My point here being - States are on far firmer legal ground for vaccine mandates than U.S. Why hasn’t any state put in place widespread mandates that cover the general populace, or even the working populace?

1 Like

The media is only reporting on vaccine hesitancy by fringe anti-vax trump voters, but the truth is there is almost as much vaccine hesitancy in some of the traditionally democrat interest groups. BLM just protested vaccine passports and the CDC. Several labor unions are against vaccine mandates. Blue state governors are worried about pissing off their base with across the board vaccine mandates.

Also, democrats are enjoying the power that the pandemic has given them. The sooner things go back to normal, the sooner they’ll have to try and justify the executive overreach they are now so used to.

3 Likes

Why are the NYC politicians so racist?

4 Likes

Apparently not, so they’re starting to put them in new ones and pretending it applies “broadly” right now. Plus no doubt leaning on the private contracting management to force the mandate on their workforces without needing the government’s edict being legal.

WHITE HOUSE WILL MANDATE ADDING CLAUSES TO FUTURE FEDERAL CONTRACTS SETTING VACCINE REQUIREMENTS FOR CONTRACT WORKERS

BIDEN ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL SAYS EXECUTIVE ORDER APPLIES “BROADLY” TO FEDERAL CONTRACTORS, NOT JUST THOSE WORKING ONSITE

WHITE HOUSE TO ANNOUNCE MILLIONS OF FEDERAL CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEES MUST BE VACCINATED BY DEC. 8 – DOCUMENT SEEN BY REUTERS

2 Likes

It appears that those with needle phobia will no longer be forced to shoot up every few months. California has already started selling licenses for public dispensaries. :smile:

Those with politician phobia are still up the creek.

1 Like

^^^This is the crux of how it will become widespread. The initial reporting that an OSHA requirement is coming is all that matters for many business owners that often just want to be compliant.

My employer announced a vaccine mandate and in the announcement said “with awareness of the new federal requirement forthcoming via the Occupational Safety and Health Administration for private businesses, the executive team has decided to enact a COVID vaccine mandate.” They didn’t even wait to see what they requirement says or if it’s going to be stopped via injunction.

As far as I am aware, my direct report is the only person that was approached by management over her refusal to get the vaccine (they didn’t involve me in the enforcement, but I heard what they were going to do so I was able to give her a heads up). She said she will be submitting religious exemption paperwork which they do not plan to contest. So the mandate has accomplished nothing positive in my office. The neurotics that support it didn’t get their wish that the holdout would get vaccinated. And those of us that don’t think our employer has any business telling us what medicine to take are just pissed off at them for butting into our lives. Great job C-Suite!

4 Likes

But now she’ll have to get tested every week, right?

Plus wear a face covering indoors at all times and maintain 6 feet distance.
Though those also will now directly apply as federal contract requirements for nearly all federal contractors, whether vaccinated or not, while their county is in orange or red transmission rate.

She was willing to, but since there are no actual directions from OSHA yet (and we don’t have 100 employees so it likely won’t apply. My employer is considering her exemption as an exemption from everything, not just a refusal, so they will not be forcing her to get tested. I don’t think they want to deal with that headache mostly.

She wears one now whenever she is outside her office and she puts one on whenever someone enters her office. She’s actually afraid of COVID and the vaccine. I think her logic (which I don’t agree with) is that there is a chance she can avoid getting COVID and it might be mild if she does, but choosing to get the vaccine is a mistake because it’s the risky option she can control.

2 Likes

LOL. I hope her office is properly ventilated. But then again, if everyone else is vaccinated, her risk is pretty low.

PFE vaccines for kids, update

• The Companies announced positive topline results from the pivotal trial on 20-Sep-21. In the trial, which included 2,268 participants 5 to <12 years of age, the vaccine demonstrated a favorable safety profile and elicited robust neutralizing antibody responses using a two-dose regimen of 10 μg doses.
  • Topline immunogenicity and safety readouts for the other two age cohorts from the trial - children 2 to <5 years of age and children 6 months to <2 years of age - are expected as soon as Q4 of this year.

How much does the 0.3mL adult dose weigh? If it’s anything like water, the kids regimen seems to be orders of magnitude smaller.

My guess is it’s mostly water and mL=g for water so the adult dose is 300 μg vs 10 μg for kids.

0.3mL of water = 300mg, not 300μg, so it’s 30000x, not 30x

Pfizer press release - 1/3.

children 5 to 11 years of age using a two-dose regimen of 10 µg administered 21 days apart, a smaller dose than the 30 µg dose used for people 12 and older.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-announce-positive-topline-results

3 Likes

Thanks. I guess they’re measuring the weight of active vaccine particles (in μg) or something rather than the solution (in mL).

3 Likes

Shocked, shocked … here are your winnings. :frowning:

Yes, I’m stuck on that amazing voice, and that movie. :nerd_face:

The vaccine is diluted to get to a serviceable volume.

The amounts that were originally tested on children were within an order of magnitude of the adult dose. (tests were for 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 doses, IIRC)

So it would stand to reason that the dose seeking approval is within an order of magnitude of the adult dose, as well.

EDIT:

The paragraph midway down clears it up:
Adult dose - 30 ug
Child dose - 10 ug

So 1/3 was the ratio they went with.

1 Like

Sounds remarkably similar to the turn of the year releases from the CDC, HIH, Disease Master General - The covid vaccines are safe and effective.

1 Like