When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

got 3rd dose of Pfizer at CVS upstate NY yesterday. Dont care about media or conflicting rules. # and done. I will wait a week and resume my normal activies. Plus wear a mask where required!. CVS runs the ship like crap tho.

3 and done

5 Likes

CVS will be CVS.

Did CVS check for eligibility (age group, etc.)? I’d like a booster but am not in a high risk group.

You being in a “high risk group”, from the standpoint of getting the shot, is up to you willing to say you’re in a “high risk group”

2 Likes

why wait a week?

To become “fully boosted”, of course.

1 Like

yes they checked. I applied online and made appt. Im 73 but I am pretty healthy. But upon arrival they needed to see DL and my covid forms with dates of previous shots! BTW the line was about 4 people that had appts for the same time. 11:45 AM. So I figure they are collecting a ton of $$ via Medicare. They took all the Medicare info too!. Cosidering they get the free freezers/vaccines/syringes/bandaids/ etc they are going to make a mint. Probably the RN and the aides are reimbursed by govt too! BTW sore arm started at 6PM yesterday and still sore. Same as the other 2 shots! Should disppear by Sat PM… I hope!! 1 thing, lousy on the 15 minute waiting rule after shot. A few chairs right next to rx dept that said to wait here for 15 minutes. Wife and I saw it was busy with sick people picking RX’s and we waited in the car for about 5 minutes and left. Nobody there to keep track!! My first 2 shots back in March were at the Westchester County Center in White Plains. long drive but at that time that was what was available. But very professional . very organized for 100’s of people. And you had to go sit in a waiting area staffed by EMT’s. Everyone got tags to place on your shirt at what time you can leave and turn it in at exit where they checked. I hate Cuomo but he did this right. State building. Plus National Guard and State police keeping lines orderly and answering questions.

1 Like

I believe the 15min wait is to ensure you don’t have an allergic reaction. I’d guess if you didn’t have one after the first time, you shouldn’t have one after 2nd or 3rd.

2 Likes

why is natural immunity from having been infected being ignored inall the vaccine mandate laws?

2 Likes

No one gets paid?

3 Likes

Because there are no vaccine mandate laws… :wink:

I strongly agree with this post . . . . . . . except for the question mark.

There is no question whatsoever that it’s all about the money!!

Big pharma is making millions on this pandemic . . . and they want even more.

2 Likes

Southwest and the FAA are lying through their teeth about the cause of the flight cancellations. None of the other airlines have been canceling anywhere near the number of flights that Southwest does. As they say, don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining. Not quite sure what that means but it sounds good :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Southwest Airlines flight cancellations!! WTF…

Just talked to my son, he’s scheduled for a SW flight out of Sacramento to San Diago @ 4:20 pm today. So far it’s still a go.

My son & grandson are scheduled for a 10 day fishing trip out of SD leaving Tuesday am. Depending on getting to SD this afternoon with Southwest Airlines… Plan # 2… drive down…

What’s going on with Southwest?? Blame Biden!!
Covid vaccination mandates??

Problems day after day. Will there ever be a remedy? I actually don’t think so. Live with it. :frowning:

1 Like

Unofficial sick-out by a lot of pilots to protest the vaccine mandates is the rumor.

Essentially, the union cannot organize or even acknowledge the sickout, because doing so would make it an illegal job action. Years ago, Southwest and its pilots had a rough negotiation, and the union would not even let the pilots internally discuss the possibility of working-to-rule (which would have slowed Southwest to a crawl).

Thanks @xerty. I’m blaming Biden!

Causing unnecessary stress on millions of Americans.

I’m happy to report that my children will be departing their Southwest flight in 9 minutes. (at least that’s what is showing on my phone). Only a little close to an hour late. But I’m not complaining.

Just waiting for all that delicious fresh fish that they will bring home. :blush:

1 Like

Pfizer and Moderna: Flashy early but fizzle out

Johnson & Johnson: Lower at start but steady over the long haul

The immune response from the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines spikes and then drops drastically while the response from the Johnson & Johnson shot remains low but stable, a new study finds.

Researchers compared blood samples from a few dozen people fully vaccinated with one of three shots available in the U.S.

Findings - published in The New England Journal of Medicine and presented at the advisory committee of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on J&J boosters on Friday - showed antibody levels among people who got the Pfizer and Moderna were initially 12 times to 40 times higher than the J&J shot.

However, eight months later, the levels of the two-dose vaccines waned while those of the J&J vaccine ‘remained relatively stable.’

The findings may throw a wrench in the advisory committee’s discussions with some experts saying the results appear to suggest that a booster shot isn’t needed after all.

Immune response from Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines spikes and then drops while antibody levels after J&J’s shot remain low but stable, study finds

ETA

On a personal note, I continue to feel good about having chosen the J&J shot. I’ll not be rushing to get my boo$ter. :wink:

2 Likes

@shinobi saw this and thought of you:

US coronavirus: J&J vaccine recipients should get their second dose as soon as it’s available, experts say - CNN

A study published Thursday reported a steep decline in vaccine effectiveness against infection by August of this year, especially for people who received the J&J vaccine. The researchers found that among more than 600,000 veterans, J&J’s vaccine’s protection fell from 88% in March to 3% in August. Meanwhile, Moderna’s vaccine protection against infection fell to 64% from 92%, and Pfizer’s declined to 50% from 91% during that same time period.

3 Likes