Alliant Credit Union

Same experience with Alliant. I have a PNC account and just for fun set up a transfer. They have terrible 3 day service. Normally if I schedule over the weekend, the money will get to the destination on Wednesday but this week it’s showing Thursday. I did check and PNC branches are open regular hours on Monday but their ACH service seems to view it as a holiday. Seems Alliant may be an outlier in treating Monday as an actual business day. I wonder if there are others.

Do you suppose Alliant will be open on Monday 7/5? I made ACH transfers on 7/2, expecting those to show up at Keesler on 7/6. Possibility they may arrive 7/5. Who knows?

I appreciate the info from shinobi & zzz. Thanks guys!

One more thing. I checked my TIAA account, because I made an ACH transfer on 7/6. I tried to change it to 7/5, no go.
So probably Keesler will not process 7/5.

So my transfer scheduled for 7/5 in Alliant didn’t send today and they changed the date to 7/6.

1 Like

Yes, I still have my Trust account at Alliant, they didn’t close it.

Not only did they change the date of transfer $25k from 7/5 to 7/6, I had 2 small transfers scheduled for 7/6. They left the 2 small transfers for 7/6.

So all together, Alliant allowed me a transfer of more than $25k on7/6.

Unbelievable! lol

1 Like

I may have to break down and try wiring.

This go around with getting funds into Keesler and opening a new HIMMA Plus is not going well.

My large CD that matured 6/24 is still in limbo. A large part of those funds are setting at Keesler waiting for a knowledgeable agent to open it.
Keesler is swamped this morning and I got stuck with an incompetent person on the switchboard.

Perhaps later today or tomorrow I will hear.
Bummer…

Good post, zzz, and highly interesting . . . at least to me.

As I wrote up thread, and you confirmed, Alliant was allowing 7/5 ACH scheduling. You took them “at their word” and were later rebuffed. Bad.

If they were not going to execute ACHs on 7/5 we should not have been allowed to so schedule in the first place.

This means we cannot rely or depend, in future, on the execution date we schedule being the one which in reality will be used.

Sorry you are encountering difficulty, pattyb53. However, candidly:

It is unsurprising for financial institution call centers to be busy on the morning of the day following a holiday interval. There is a lot of pent up stuff people get to over the holiday and then discover they have to call in to finalize this or that matter.

Where banking activity is concerned, holidays are a caution and should be given a wide berth if at all possible.

1 Like

Regarding: Alliant Visa Signature

Beneath the new rules we must keep a minimum of $1000 in our checking accounts, starting in August, in order to earn the 2.5% reward. The July cycle on our cards will come to a close tonight or tomorrow night, and the August cycle will commence.

When Alliant makes reference to “August”, are they referring to the August cycle of our cards or to the calendar month of August?

1 Like

You are correct.

Today I actually tried to add a new account the same as I have for many years. Got that RED message, no way, no how.

Plus, I don’t think they want to do business with me anymore. So I went ahead to make another ACH transfer which was fine.

Later when checking on the results of the transfer I realized that the funds were low. I still had a couple of minutes to cancel the order (I thought). But there it was that dreaded RED message. Too late!

I called to ask for a reprieve. They asked question after question on my identification. Was it the real me, finally Alliant agreed to make a note on the ACH transfer.

I’m now in waiting to see what they do tomorrow when the transfer meets the rubber.

Next time you speak with them, ask to file a complaint RE the max number of accounts. It was pretty much decided unilaterally, so any feedback would help.

I actually just finished talking to an agent at Alliant.

When I finally finished talking about my original topics, I asked him about your question.

I like shinobi have a great amount of external accounts. I asked about deleting some of those accounts I no longer use, in order to add more. He thought it would be a good idea.

He couldn’t really talk about maximum number of allowed accounts. But when looking at my account, he said I had more openings. I don’t think he is knowledgeable because Alliant turned down my last request.

Who knows?

1 Like

If you delete accounts you wouldn’t be able to add anymore if you are over the maximum.

There is definitely a maximum number of external accounts – the ask to Alliant is to have them reverse this decision to add a cap. It really doesn’t add much “security” – rather they should focus on adding additional verification on linking accounts if they are concerned about security. Which seems to be plaid’s problem now.

4 Likes

As of the fifteenth of this month, Alliant has removed the restriction on our savings accounts of six withdrawals per month. If you log into your Alliant account and go to the detail for your savings account you will find the withdrawal counter is no longer there.

When discussing this with the Alliant rep, he told me Alliant had not been enforcing this restriction even prior to the fifteenth . . . . except that you had to call in. Now it is not even necessary to call in. The restriction is entirely gone.

Also the $1000 in checking for Q4 2.5% reward requirement, if you have the Alliant Visa Signature card, commences August first. But beware, and plan accordingly, because that is a Sunday.

6 Likes

Thank you. Good to know.

I’ll have to give you credit shinobi, for keeping us all up to date on the latest Alliant news.

However, their Agents are not always trustworthy in their information handed over to us. As an example, earlier in the month I was denied an ACH transfer because we counted 6 previous times. I actually called Alliant because a cd had matured and I was doing some transfers.

Reading your post, perhaps if I had been using Savings instead of Checking for transfers it would have been ok. But on the other hand if that had been the case, why wouldn’t that Agent have told me.

But your news is welcome. Thanks…

1 Like

This is excellent news. Thank you Shin!

It may sound good to have unlimited withdrawals on savings, but “if the distinction between a savings account and a checking account is eliminated, consumers may have less reason to use checking accounts, and banks may have less incentive to offer better rates on savings accounts.”

The Federal regulation was withdrawn last year during the pandemic. It probably should be put back.

Otherwise, savings rates may drop.

2 Likes

That may be true. But if there are at least a few online savings accounts that do not relax the 6-withdrawal rule and keep up their rates, then Alliant would still have to stay competitive with them. Marcus was one of the first to remove the withdrawal limitation, and they are still staying competitive.

2 Likes

It won’t occur immediately. It is very likely to occur if the situation continues.