Alliant Credit Union

Am respectful of your thinking, jamesfatwallet. Thanks

I did not reauthorize my account with Plaid.

Sorry I do not recall time of day I executed the same day ACH. Another one I executed yesterday did not arrive until this morning. I have no complaints about that, of course.

The same day outcome must just have been a (happy) fluke.

Update: money was deducted from Alliant yesterday, but credited to the bank only today. So I did not get same-day ACH.

Same transfer amount, same receiving bank? I’d think it should be replicatable if the important details are replicated, the problem is figuring out the important details.

The Alliant savings account APY has held for July. This interest rate has not declined in 2021. Pretty good.

3 Likes

Just had another ACH transfer, outgoing from and initiated at Alliant, arrive same day.

There is not a dull moment in this life. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow, this is making me jealous. :laughing:

Do you know the ACH entry time and time received?

Sorry. Too much going on for me to be able to recall such detail. I thought the first one was a fluke. In both instances the funds were heading for Keesler. Maybe Keesler is processing ACH early, or being generous in the way they credit ACH stuff.

Noted in passing:

Both Alliant and Keesler are on CT.

Thanks. I sent mine from Alliant to Paramount. Did not get same day ACH.

I should mention that I know Paramount supports same-day ACH with Fidelity. If I submit an outgoing ACH from Fidelity before 8am ET, the money would be posted at Paramount before 1pm ET, same day.

I’d say this indicates Fidelity uses the morning window to send, while Alliant uses the early afternoon window to send. While Paramount “picks up” mid-day", allowing them to capture what Fidelity sent that morning, but too early to capture Alliant’s transfers. While Kessler picks up later in the afternoon, so Alliant’s transfers are available. I forget when the transfer windows are, but can remember at some point reading an article that detailed them.

If I remember correctly, I was suprised when transferring funds into Kessler for my CDs, that the funds did become available late afternoon, but still early enough to call to open the new CD a day earlier than I had expected.

1 Like

Paramount also has an evening posting window. I know this because if I use the noon-cutoff outgoing ACH from Fidelity, Paramount would post the credit in the evening, same day.

I think Alliant’s same-day ACH pattern is non-conclusive right now.

I agree with this. I sent more money this morning to Keesler from Alliant just for the “halibut” . . . . which means even though I’m well aware of the holiday weekend and went ahead anyway.

I do most of my stuff in the morning and on to other things later in the day. However, I’ll try to remember to check later to see if these funds reached Keesler same day.

I’ve been doing overnight ACH for a lot of years and I’m well satisfied with it. Same day ACH is a curiosity to me, but not an essential thing. Two or more days for ACH on the other hand, as can happen at Ally, is ridiculous.

I also transferred money this morning to Keesler. I actually realize nothing will happen to those funds until Tuesday (most likely).

But like you said “what the heck”. %Interest is so minimal that arrival one day earlier than later is better. IMO

My funds were transferred from TIAA to Keesler, so no big deal, but will they arrive on same day as a transfer from Alliant? I think it’s likely that they will.

Well, of course a lot depends on the size of the ACH. Thursday was the first day of the third quarter so CD accounts that pay interest quarterly were flush with cash on Thursday. This left me with no choice other than funds arrival at Alliant, via ACH, today. But we’re not talking “big bux” here; it’s interest not principal. So no big deal regardless when it arrives at Keesler.

If it had been a large sum of money I would have wired the funds. For example, I have a large CD maturing later this month. Those are “core” funds and will include both principal and interest. Alliant will not become involved in the movement of those funds. It will be done by wire.

A curious outcome for me at Alliant just now, bearing in mind I’m writing this on Saturday of a three day weekend.

I was in process of scheduling a post-holiday ACH transfer. Anticipated setting it up for the sixth, Tuesday, which would deliver the funds to my Alliant account in a timely manner given my needs.

I was surprised the Alliant system was allowing me to schedule the transfer on Monday, July fifth. Didn’t anticipate that. Thought they would treat Monday like a holiday. I didn’t schedule for Monday since I do not need the funds that quickly. But I did do a test transfer, later cancelled, and sure enough Alliant is allowing ACH transfers to be scheduled for Monday. I thought they might change the date on my test transfer. They did not.

2 Likes

Same experience with Alliant. I have a PNC account and just for fun set up a transfer. They have terrible 3 day service. Normally if I schedule over the weekend, the money will get to the destination on Wednesday but this week it’s showing Thursday. I did check and PNC branches are open regular hours on Monday but their ACH service seems to view it as a holiday. Seems Alliant may be an outlier in treating Monday as an actual business day. I wonder if there are others.

Do you suppose Alliant will be open on Monday 7/5? I made ACH transfers on 7/2, expecting those to show up at Keesler on 7/6. Possibility they may arrive 7/5. Who knows?

I appreciate the info from shinobi & zzz. Thanks guys!

One more thing. I checked my TIAA account, because I made an ACH transfer on 7/6. I tried to change it to 7/5, no go.
So probably Keesler will not process 7/5.

So my transfer scheduled for 7/5 in Alliant didn’t send today and they changed the date to 7/6.

1 Like

Yes, I still have my Trust account at Alliant, they didn’t close it.

Not only did they change the date of transfer $25k from 7/5 to 7/6, I had 2 small transfers scheduled for 7/6. They left the 2 small transfers for 7/6.

So all together, Alliant allowed me a transfer of more than $25k on7/6.

Unbelievable! lol

1 Like

I may have to break down and try wiring.

This go around with getting funds into Keesler and opening a new HIMMA Plus is not going well.

My large CD that matured 6/24 is still in limbo. A large part of those funds are setting at Keesler waiting for a knowledgeable agent to open it.
Keesler is swamped this morning and I got stuck with an incompetent person on the switchboard.

Perhaps later today or tomorrow I will hear.
Bummer…