Alliant Credit Union

This is not an issue. All financial institutions participating in ACH are required to accept same-day ACH as of September 2016, as required by Same-Day ACH Phase 1:

https://www.nacha.org/rules/same-day-ach-moving-payments-faster-phase-1

Has anyone else seen outgoing ACH originated at Alliant post same day at another bank/CU? Given the requirement above, if Alliant was sending ACH as same-day, it would post the same day everywhere. My guess is that Alliant is submitting all ACH’s shortly after noon with posting date of the next business day, and a glitch at Grow posts it the same day. (shinobi, are you sure the funds are available the same day, not just showing up as “pending” for posting the next day?)

as far as Alliant savings rate is concerned…I just use the savings to pay my Alliant CC. I have moved just about all of it to Orion. As of today…still 4% up to 30K. All you do is deposit at least 500.00 monthly and use the debit card 8x. Doing this going on 3 months. Just did the 8 debits this AM at Stop and Shop self checkout. Spent 1.00 1.50 etc 10 x just to be sure. Dont know why no one talks about this. Northern Direct is still 2.5 thru 12/31 and liquid. Popular direct is down to 2.2 but still liquid. At a point in my life where I will not do CD and tie up $$.

Nevermind. Was a stupid question.

1.70% for November. PNC on Virtual Wallet is still surprisingly paying 2.20%.

2 Likes

Things at Alliant not going at all well this morning. Announced website outage has extended beyond what message said it would be.

(RE) posting here once again for final time in 2019:

The December statement closing date for the Alliant Visa Signature CC is:

December 13 (a Friday)

That’s it for 2019. I will try to obtain and post the dates for 2020 ASAP.

1 Like

It’s rather simple - months with 30 days have a 13th statement closing, months with 31 days have a 14th statement closing. Unless, of course, if that day is on a Saturday (like this Dec), it cycles that Friday.

I received this from Alliant this morning. Seems like a new website is coming, which I don’t view as a good thing. Alliant tends to keep headcount costs down and so I doubt they have an army of A-list software engineers working on this…

You asked, and we listened.

Alliant’s new online banking will have some terrific enhancements to make managing your money even easier.

Use online banking on all your devices

Access account information quickly with a more intuitive dashboard

Pay multiple bills at once and more easily make transfers

Move money whenever, wherever

All you will need to do is log in like you usually do!
We’ll let you know when the changes are live. And if you have questions after you see the new Alliant online banking in action, we’ll have a complete help section and FAQs available in the platform to guide you.

3 Likes

No worries…it will be fine…they worked on it for TWO YEARS so i am sure it should work smoothly at this point…

Few of us do. I have yet to experience any website . . . redesigned to make things better for mobile users . . . which does not offer computer users impaired performance compared with what they had prior.

To facilitate things for mobile users, with their teensy-weensy screens, it becomes necessary to dumb things down considerably. If it’s not already obvious, I don’t mess about with that mobile crapola. My net access is via computers . . . all seven of them (There are more but I honestly do not have an accurate count. After seven I have to commence searching my brain for computers used less often, so better just to say seven and let it go with that.)

But this catastrophe was inevitable with so many people today going mobile. Alliant has little choice except to cater to them.

But are any of them Pentiums? … and how many ports on your KVM? :smile:

Only because they are too shortsighted to have two versions of their online access - one for mobile and one for computers.
I took all of my checking / savings / bill pay business from Chase after their 2016 “upgrade”.

1 Like

Agreed. An obvious solution which is widely ignored by today’s web designers.

A few. Switched mostly over to AMD years ago to save dough.

Never dug virtual machines. Things are likely very different now. But back in my day they were slow.

KVMs are for physical machines.

Maybe I called it by the wrong name, but in my world a KVM is a Keyboard, Video, Mouse switch. It allows one to control multiple PCs with one keyboard, one mouse, and one (or two) monitor(s). Without one, 90% of my typing would be on the wrong keyboard. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope Alliant CU is not making such a change. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.
KVM would probably be great for high tech user’s. Not me! :woozy_face:

Oh, I hope this was a joke, @pattyb53, because I got the greatest laugh out of it. If not a joke, oops!

I’m sure the new Online Banking at Alliant will be fine…nothing radical…maybe some more attractive type faces (like the mobile app has) a little re-shuffling to make things a bit easier to find…that kind of stuff…they told me they haven’t even changed their Bill Pay provider! And they have been working on this for like two years, so i would think by now it would be ready for “prime time” :wink:

So, i think many here are just over-reacting and assuming the worst… LOL

Thanks craig10x… I depend on Alliant CU for much of my financial needs.

I cringe when banks sink their resources into aesthetic stuff like that, and find it laughable when it’s cheered as an “improvement”. Do you seriously judge a bank based on the typeface used on a website?

Part of me hopes that this has been more of a symbolic feel-good gesture than any sort of serious customer service initiative, and it’s taken over 2 years because they’ve only had a couple interns working on it to earn work experience credit.

5 Likes

You’re welcome, Patty…i think some like glitch99 do not appreciate why us older folks appreciate an easier to read, good looking typeface…i find it much nicer to look at transactions in their mobile app then online so i am hoping they will bring that to the new online banking… :wink:

At least the mobile app looks modern but until now their online has a very old fashioned and outdated look to it…Most credit unions have re-vamped their looks, it’s ABOUT TIME and LONG OVERDUE for Alliant… LOL