CIBC Online Savings was 0.90% now 0.80%
Northern Bank Direct Money Market was 0.90% now 0.75%
CIT Bank Money Market was 0.80% now 0.75%
CIT Bank Savings Builder was 0.75% now 0.65%
Alliant High Rate Savings was 0.75% now 0.65%
Northfield Bank Platinum Savings was 0.65% now 0.45%
Credit Karma Savings was 0.52% now 0.44%

6 Likes

Have you tried opening a CD? I wonder if they allow credit card funding…

Haven’t tried, sorry :frowning: Let us know how it goes!

yes that is the 3% account. Im just waiting for middle of month to xfer funds from CIBC and CIT and my SS hits also on the 19th. We shall see what rates will be soon. You have to fund the accts before the Q starts is my belief to get the 3% for the following quarter.

the gimmick is if you withdraw funds. I do not plan on withdrawing anything…but I will not be near the 100k max anyway. Dont think I will need the $$ for the foreseeable future. But nobody knew we would be hit with Corona either…

Thank you @shinobi -won- kenobi for introducing Keesler’s step-up jumbos on these boards, which motivated me to join when their membership requirements were more open. Thank you @pattyb53 for pointing out their HIMMA accounts, as I hadn’t seen them. I opened two smaller HIMMAs over the past 2+ weeks, and was pleased to see that their rates held thru today when I opened my final one.

1 Like

FNBO Online Savings dropped to 0.60% APY

1 Like

Drops from Friday to present:

Vio Bank High Yield Savings was 0.91% now 0.83%
Colorado Federal Savings Bank Savings was 0.90% now 0.85%
MyeBanc Super Saver Money Market was 0.90% now 0.70%
Discover Online Savings AAII was 0.85% now 0.75%
Bank 5 Connect High Interest Savings was 0.80% now 0.75%
Discover Online Savings was 0.80% now 0.70%
Rising Bank High Yield Savings was 0.80% now 0.65%
FNBO Direct Online Savings was 0.75% now 0.60%

6 Likes

Geez. What a massacre!

Thanks, Discover. You figured out a way to get me off my backside and move funds into Keesler. It was on my to-do list for next weekend, and it wasn’t a ton of money, but it makes me feel better to move it immediately after a drop. :smile:

1 Like

et tu, Marcus?

Was 0.8% APY

Now 0.6% APY

Limbo lower now. How low will it go?

1 Like

Ally still at 0.8%. Expect it to follow very soon…

2 Likes

Today’s drops:

Colorado Savings Bank Savings was 0.85% now 0.80%
Live Oak Bank High Yield Savings was 0.85% now 0.70%
PenFed Premium Online Savings was 0.80% now 0.70%
Brio Direct High Yield Savings was 0.70% now 0.65%

2 Likes

With more insane liquid money interest rate drops being posted here daily by zzz and others, decided to check just for the “halibut”. And what do you know:

Against all odds, and completely contrary to my instincts and expectations, Keesler continues to offer their HIMMA Plus account with at least 1.4% APY if you have $2500 to open, and slightly more if you can cough up a larger opening deposit. Even at only 1.4% this is an outstanding current interest rate for liquid money, which is to say nothing about the six month rate lock!

How is Keesler doing this? I dunno. And for how much longer? Again, I dunno. Only can say this is the biggest screaming no brainer to come down the pike in a very long time!!

If you are a Keesler member, or if you are able somehow.to gain entry, even if you have no need for this account right now, I would advise opening a HIMMA Plus account ASAP.

1 Like

Today’s drops:

Varo Online Savings was 1.21% now 0.81%
American Express High Yield Savings was 0.80% now 0.60%
CIT Bank Money Market was 0.75% now 0.60%
Bank7 Online Savings was 0.75% now 0.65%
CIT Bank Savings Builder was 0.65% now 0.55%

4 Likes

The carnage continues.

Discover Savings AAII was 0.75% now 0.65%
Discover Savings was 0.70% now 0.60%

3 Likes

HIMMA Plus is still on the front burner. Thanks KFCU. I mention this here because I think a significant chunk of the readers of this thread joined Keesler when the policy was more open. Sorry to those who can no longer get in. I’m not trying to rub it in.

1 Like

Yes, I’m having to take out funds from my HIMMA. Gotta pay estimated taxes & few other big bills. This is a good one to keep money in for now.

Rec’d an email from Ally Bank announcing their savings interest rate will be dropping from 0.80% to 0.60% effective 9/25/2020

• edit to add, NOTE: the 11mo no-penalty CD is still at 0.75% today…
4 Likes