Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Check that!! :grinning: :grinning:

I just logged in and found a sweet $300 reward in my NWFCU checking account. Woo HOO!!

It’s party time!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :yum:

1 Like

The HIMMA Plus account only offers these rates for 6 months, correct?

That is correct, goldendog. You start counting the day your account opens.

Thanks for the reminder. Mine is also there. Woo HOO!!!

Now do we need to keep the funds there for any period? Or take it out & party?

I’m taking mine out pronto.

With the awarding of the $300 this very sweet promotion has come to an end.

Given all these drops (and higher taxes on interest) I’m looking for tax advantaged “safe” vehicles to move too. Any recommendations

since when?

Today’s drops:

SFGI Direct Savings was 0.81% now 0.67%
Virtual Bank eMoney Market Special was 0.70% now 0.55%
Envision Bank Savvy Savings was 0.60% now 0.55%
Barclays Online Savings was 0.60% now 0.50%
Zions Bank Online Money Market was 0.45% now 0.40%

2 Likes

Did you guys, Bendr & Shandril, get in on the Citi Priority Package back in July?

Interested because I did.
It’s been sometime now. I believe I deposited the $50k in the Interest Checking +$10 in the Savings, around the middle of July. Confused on when the payoff of the $700 will show up if ever. :wink:

I have not gotten my $700 yet. My 60 days were early September. At that point, I called to confirm that I had met all the requirements and I opened a Citi Accelerate Savings (0.7%) account to replace the shambolic Citi Savings account that was earning 0.1% only. At that point, I was told the cash bonus would be credited “within 90 days of completing all the requirements” so I figure it may be up to early December. Since my money is earning 0.7% and pretty close to the best it can earn elsewhere, I’m being patient.

I think they know my account gets closed the same week I get my bonus so they are milking it and will pay at the very last day they can. Fair enough I guess.

From the T&C of the offer: “If you are eligible and fulfill the required activities, the cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete all required activities.”

So true. Glad to know we both are waiting with open arms.

That $50k could be earning a low or fair % depending on whether you got in on the Keesler HIMMA 1.4%. But oh well, it’s wait until Nov or maybe Dec to see if the surprise $700 comes through.

I had to get CFPB involved, but they posted it after that. I had converetd the joke Savings to the Accelerate but I asked the rep if that would null the bonus, he said yes, so I said dont’ process that change, but he did anyway.

The rep I talked to also checked that before doing the conversion. I waited until after the 60 days requirement to keep the $50k in Savings/Checking accounts. Rep still counted the days (was 63 days past the date the transaction that got me over $50k posted) and then said it would not void the bonus to do the conversion since I had already met all the requirements.

I recorded the whole conversation for good measure just in case they argue this point (I’m in a one-party state). I’ll also take it to the CFPB if they deny me the bonus because of it.

You converted the account, or opened a new one to move the money to? I could see the bonus being denied because the account is no longer open, if you convert it to a different account type.

I tried to open a new account but the system would not let me have both a regular savings account and a Citi Accelerate savings account so rep had to close the savings first. After I asked this very question rep confirmed that opening the Citi Accelerate savings account would not void the bonus offer.

Here are the terms, the first two being the only requirement. The last part only means that your checking account (nothing about the savings one) needs to be open for them to pay you the bonus.

To earn $700, complete these required activities*:

1. If you have not done so already, deposit $50,000 or more (multiple
    deposits allowed) in New-to-Citibank funds into the new Eligible Checking
    Account and/or the new Eligible Savings Account within thirty (30) days
    from account opening.

[Done July 6th]

1. Maintain a minimum balance of $50,000 in the eligible account(s) for sixty
    (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when you made the
    $50,000 deposit (“Minimum Balance”).

[Completed September 5th]

If you are eligible and fulfill the required activities, the cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete all required activities.

[Confirmed by rep on September 9th]

So I’ll wait for this bonus until Dec 5th (91 days) before calling them and/or the CFPB to claim it.

New checking account?

I’m assuming that you live in a state that doesn’t have citibank branches?
I live in New York, so since they have branches there of course, i can’t get the accelerate savings (though i wish i could…LOL)…

My timing on the Priority Package $700 bonus is pretty much the same as yours. I actually thought we would be gaining the bonus Nov 5 instead of Dec 5.

You have the project so well typed out, but looking back at my sheet it looks different. "After all requirements are met, the $700 bonus will be deposited to your account within 90 calendar days.

So I’m going with you & will wait until Dec. But, you can be sure I’m not changing to a new checking account.
I have the original Interest Checking & Citi Savings accts. Interest earned up to now $3.45. :flushed:

First Foundation Online Savings was 1.00% now 0.75%

1 Like

Yes I think that’s available only because they don’t have branches in my state. Not a bad rate from a big bank all things considered which makes waiting for the bonus a bit more bearable.

I think it boils down to the same terms since the requirements was to leave the $50k for 60 days, once that’s met, I think they have 90 days to credit you the bonus and I’d be surprised if they rush to give it to us.