Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Looking too. Any sign up bonus/referrals would be appreciated. Thinking it’s time for CDs to lock in some of these rates.

I opened up Merchants Bank of Indiana last week/this week. Money Market at 3.05% with free checks. Online banking is good but have to use another bank to pull/push funds because they don’t offer ACH. So far so good. They have a good history of having high rates.\

2 Likes

Ponce Bank MM was 2.50% now 3.00%
Valley Direct Savings was 2.20% now 2.65%
Personal Capital Cash Account was 2.02% now 2.60%

4 Likes

My guess is all the ones that were in the lead at some point. Just pick one near the top and it’ll be better than Alliant.

We haven’t been updating our wiki (things are changing too quickly and the wiki here is a pain in the butt). DepositAccounts savings and money market pages are regularly updated, though sometimes they remove a bank from the lists entirely while “reviewing the rates”, especially on the day that bank changes the rates. Also watch out for the top 4 – they’re ads moved to the top of the list regardless of their interest rate.

2 Likes

Is this account FDIC insured?

I am switching to 4 week t-bills now on Treasury direct. With the lack of taxation by California taken into account they are currently the equivalent of 3% and heading higher with each passing week.

5 Likes

I got an email from American Express - get $350 bonus for opening a savings account with $25k, leaving it there until January 8 (so 3 months).

2 Likes

Yes, here’s Ken’s write up on them:

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/merchants-bank-of-indiana/offers/

1 Like

This one is kept up to date as well:

2 Likes

I didn’t think any money market accounts were FDIC insured.

I scanned the link provided, but didn’t read word for word so may have missed it.

Are you thinking of money market mutual funds? If so, you’re correct, they are not. But money market accounts like the Merchants Bank offering are FDIC insured.

2 Likes

Brio Direct Savings was 2.61% now 2.80%
Prime Alliance Bank Savings was 2.26% now 2.70%
American Express Bank Savings was 1.90% now 2.00%

5 Likes

Bread Savings(Comenity Direct) was 2.15% now 2.90%

3 Likes

SoFi finally :arrow_up: 2% → 2.50%

4 Likes

Wow! Thank you. I, obviously, did not know that.

1 Like

Vio Cornerstone Money Market was 2.50% now 2.80%
CIT Savings Connect was 2.40% now 2.70%
Discover AAII Savings was 2.15% now 2.20%
Discover Savings was 2.10% now 2.15%
Penfed Credit Union Savings was 1.50% now 1.70%

8 Likes

UFB Direct up

Elite Money Market - 3.01%
Elite Savings - 3.01%

7 Likes

CFG Bank MM was 2.75% now 2.90%
Alliant Credit Union Savings was 1.80% now 2.00%
Communitywide FCU Quarterly Savings was 1.20% now 2.00%
Communitywide FCU Monthly Savings was 0.70% now 1.00%

6 Likes

I might be late to the party, but I recommend CIBC as an Alliant alternative for liquid funds.

They have very high ACH limits and the rate is usually quite a bit better than Alliant. They are at 2.32% currently.

2 Likes

Another Canadian bank competing in the U.S. market. I wonder why there is no “anti-dumping” trade rule in the financial services industry.

1 Like