Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

will check if E*TRADE does the same (moved $ there for a promo). But I think it might be time to lock in rates since inflation is peeking and fed rate increases might too.

Anyone here remember what happened in the 80’s when rates went sky high? What was the best way to lock in rates? Choices Choices…

mph Bank Savings 3.20% now 3.50%
Lending Club Savings was 3.12% now 3.25%
Liberty Savings Bank Savings was 3.10% now 3.50%
CIBC Bank Savings was 3.03% now 3.27%
Bank Purely MM was 3.01% now 3.50%
iGo Banking MM was 3.01% now 3.50%
Rising Bank Savings was 3.00% now 3.10%
Northpointe Bank Savings was 2.95% now 3.25%
Northpointe Bank MM was 2.95% now 3.25%
Discover AAII Savings was 2.80% now 3.05%
Discover Saings was 2.75% now 3.00%
Prime Alliance Bank Savings was 2.70% now 3.20%
First Internet Bank Savings was 2.53% now 2.78%
American Express Savings was 2.50% now 2.75%
Bank 7 Savings was 2.50% now 3.00%
Virtual Bank MM was 1.00% now 2.84%

6 Likes

State Exchange Bank Savings was 3.30% now 3.60%
Bread Savings was 3.00% now 3.50%

3 Likes

Schwab Value Advantage Money fund (SWVXX) now at 3.70%
Link

2 Likes

Anything that high at Etrade?

Yeah, SWVXX. It’s a mutual fund! :rofl:

Etrade wont pull a quote for it, using the fund name or symbol. :rofl: :rofl:

Just because it’s a mutual fund doesnt mean it’s available at all brokers.

2 Likes

Etrade has free access to Vanguard funds including VUSXX but it is 3.30% apy…so Schwab’s is higher…but you can’t get the Schwab at ETrade…

2 Likes

UFB DIRECT is now 3.83% for the “high rate savings” with check writing for free. But I have 3 accts with them (div. of Axos…same sign-in, same slow online site, and constant texting of codes) But if you want this new %, you need to open a new acct. They always do this, I have 3 accts with them and have xferred funds from them to Bask…1 acct with UFB is at 1.8%, 2nd acct with them is 2.6% and 3rd acct is 2.2%. All have 1.00. I always leave 1.00 in the accts just in case something new comes up. I hope Bask or Salem will raise rates to come Monday. or I m right do this new UFB acct. Rate chasing is big now!!! But the fed might hold back on raising interest rates now due to the “great” inflation report. So maybe this round of rates will be the last…Who knows.

4 Likes

UFBDirect, through the website has accommodated my request to change my existing account to the new higher rate account without issue. It might cost a couple days of net interest, but a smooth process.

thanks, I ll give it a try after I wait a week to see if Bask/SalemFive raise their rates. Thanks for the info.

or down? Time to lock in some rates??

Expectations on Wall Street are that the Fed is likely to raise 0.5% instead of 0.75%

1 Like

directly translate into .5 % higher Liquid Accounts rates or they do start go down due to future deceleration?

The Fed has increased rates 3.5% since spring, while prevailing liquid rates have risen 2-2.5%. There is no direct translation.

Liquid rates shouldnt start decreasing while the Fed is still raising rates, but I dont know how much up side remains before they plateau.

I also still believe there will be an unusually short period of time (maybe less than 6 months?) between when the Fed stops increasing rates and begins decreases.

1 Like

Lematta Savings Bank MM was 3.35% now 3.70%
Patriot Bank MM was 3.30% now 3.65%
Idabel National Bank MM was 3.25% now 3.55%
Synchrony Bank Savings was 3.00% now 3.25%
Tab Bank Savings was 3.00% now 3.64%

5 Likes

American Express Savings was 2.75% now 3.00%
ConnectOne Bank Savings was 2.00% now 3.25%
PenFed Credit Union Savings was 1.70% now 2.00%

NEW: Third Coast Bank Savings(via SaveBetter) 3.70%
NEW: Continental Bank Savings(via SaveBetter) 3.65%

5 Likes

I still like UFB Direct at 3.83 and Bask bank.UFB- Same sign on as AXOS. But somebody up post said UFB will change an old savings acct to the new one. I called and no dice. Had to apply all over again even tho I have 3 AXOS and 3 USB accts. All got bonuses at one time. So now the 3.83 acct is open I will wait to xfer funds on the first of the month. Trial deposits have begun >they never recognize my sign-in on the other banks so it’s always trial deposits.

4-week T-Bill (was flat for 3 weeks) ~3.6% → 3.859%

1 Like

I know it’s a rewards checking account, but Redneck Bank (and their sister accounts) has raised their rate to 4.25% (and increased the max to $15k, unless I missed it earlier).

And their MMA is now 4% up to $75k.

** Effective 11/22 **

2 Likes