Alliant CU Savings was 2.60% now 2.70%

4 Likes

The State Exchange Bank(via SaveBetter) was 3.60% now 4.00%
BankPurely MM was 3.50% now 3.00%
CIBC Savings was 3.37% now 3.62%
PrimeAlliance Savings was 3.25% now 3.65%
First Internet Bank Savings was 3.04% now 3.35%
American Express Savings was 3.00% now 3.30%

Posted 3 times in a row so can’t post again until someone else does. Here’s updates for today(12/23/22):

American First CU was 4.00% now 4.15%
Sallie Mae MM was 3.20% now 3.40%
Bank7 Savings was 3.00% now 3.30%
Virtual Bank MM was 2.84% now 3.30%
National Cooperative Bank MM was 1.16% now 1.66%

3 Likes

supposedly opened an account at Mysavingsdirect(div of Emigrant in NY)last Monday. Heard nothing yet. Got an app. # at end of the application. Called them this PM. Easy to get thru and has no hold time actually. They said they have so many apps it is taking 1 week to get through them. I should hear by next Wed. I asked how they are getting so many apps when they do no advertising and he said he has no knowledge of their advertising. How did folks here find this? TIA

https://www.depositaccounts.com/savings/

1 Like

That and I quite literally go through this list and check every bank on it for updated rates several times a week!!

5 Likes

thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Good info. I still have money at Alliant Savings because it’s convenient as I have Checking, Savings, and a credit card there. Any recommendations on an easy to use, no fee, low minimum account that’s consistently higher than Alliant and expected to remain so? I make most purchases by credit card and mostly pay from Savings ( the 6 withdrawal limit is not in effect, but I rarely use over 6 withdrawals anyway).

Alliant has a 12 month CD at 4.6% so I might put some savings in that, but would prefer to keep it liquid.

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this a savings account only institution? There is no info on checking, loans, credit cards, etc. It has a very sparse website.

Yes. It’s the online division of a 40-branch community bank. They only offer online savings accounts, the branches offer the typical range of products.

3 Likes

SFGI no longer allows external ACH pull, so that was the end for me.

How do you move money in and out?

Push/pull from SFGI, with only 1 linked account.

1 Like

That’s not a problem as long as the other institution allows external ACH pull. Only one linked account allowed?

Link it with Alliant checking. ‘easy peasy’.

Yes Alliant works unless you have to many external ACH accounts. I need to get rid of old accounts because Alliant refuses anymore additional ones.

Old Timers, remember when Alliant allowed unlimited external ACH accounts?

1 Like

Yes, I also remember when their savings account interest rates were also competitive!!

1 Like

What’s the limit?