Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

SoFi savings 3.75%

3 Likes

In Taxable accts I believe the FIDELITY GOVERNMENT CASH RESERVES paying 3.8% is worth more than 4.X% after tax?

Exactly. In non-Roth IRAs, who’s going to keep track of the tax exempt interest? Nobody.

Now I know what you were asking. Based on my understanding, FDRXX does not have any tax exemption advantage in a taxable account anyway.

1 Like

There is no tax advantage in Roth IRA, either.

2 Likes

Since it mostly invests in state-and-local-tax-exempt securities, I would expect that exemption to pass to the “shareholders.”

The advantage is that there’s no tax at all, since it’s a Roth IRA :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Deleted. See below.

Most states can use the percentage for state tax exemption, but a few states cannot.

Fidelity® Government Cash Reserves*, FDRXX, 54.80%

*This fund did not meet the minimum investment in U.S. government securities required to exempt the distribution from tax in California, Connecticut, and New York.

5 Likes

That was one of my, not-very-well-made, points. The other being that I know of no one who is going to take the time and energy to calculate the tax exemption in an IRA. If your resources are such that it is that significant, it might be wise to create a separate IRA which only invests in funds which hold a decent percentage of U.S. Treasuries. That way, it would be easier to track the percentage of U.S. Treasuries, and their tax exempt earnings.

1 Like

has https://www.northernbankdirect.com/
offered any better rate than the 3.20% ?
I have not found anything thru google search but am hoping I am missing something. tia for replies

Haven’t seen any increases from them in awhile.

2 Likes

AZ just implemented a flat 2.5% tax (No local) so i’ll ignore these govt. funds from now on in my tax. account as well. Esp. since the amounts are relatively small. I assume the state taxes on these depend on your retirement state (plan move to TX to be with family)

Bought $84,177 of FZDXX at Market (Day) Self Employed 401K and other IRAs. Hope we don’t get a 2008 type event where MM funds were impacted :slight_smile: Since this thread is for “safe” liquid accts.

4-week T-Bill 3.895% → 4.170% APR (4.252% APY)

6 Likes

CIT Savings Connect was 3.85% now 4.05%
Liberty Savings Bank Savings(via savebetter) was 3.85% now 4.00%
mph bank MM was 3.85%(via savebetter) now 4.15%
Bread Savings was 3.50% now 4.00%

7 Likes

Looks like Fido muni MMFs investors and I are on the same page?

01/09/2023 10:06 AM

Warning We previously communicated a proposal to merge five state municipal money market funds (AZ, CT, MI, OH, and PA “the target funds”) into a single national fund, Fidelity Municipal Money Market Fund. The target funds did not receive sufficient votes from shareholders to attain quorum with respect to the proposal to merge the funds with the national fund. As result and as previously communicated to shareholders, each fund will liquidate at the close of business on January 13, 2023, with all proceeds credited to the core position in your brokerage account. If you do not own a brokerage account but directly own shares of the fund being liquidated, all proceeds will be sent to you by check to the address we have on file for you.

Next Step

Please review your account and positions on Fidelity.com. The national fund (Fidelity Municipal Money Market Fund, FTEXX) is available for you to purchase if you would like to continue investing in a tax-advantaged money market fund. If you still have questions about this transaction or the national fund, please read the FAQs.

I do think posting high MMF (tax-advantaged or not) is great for this thread

Reward Checking accounts have been mentioned in this thread, including using Amazon gift card balance reloads to meet the monthly requirements.

Has anyone else been having issues with Amazon GC transactions since the start of the new year? I cant tell if it’s an Amazon thing, or new fraud prevention from the card issuer side of the equation, or Amazon messing with me specifically. After a couple transactions with one card, things slow down with verification codes from the card issuer and apparent failed attempts (although selecting the same card as a “different” card then goes through). It’s been a pain in the ass.

E*Trade Premium Savings was 3.25% now 3.50% APY

5 Likes

I have a couple reward checking accounts and only one of them routinely trips fraud protection if I buy too many GCs in a row. If I forget and leave my VPN on it will cause issues too.

2 Likes

4-week T-Bill 4.170% → 4.446% APR (4.538% APY)

This is from Thursday, as auction results are announced every Thursday. I was AFK.

Edited to fix typo in APR (4.460 should be 4.446).

4 Likes

Marcus has a $100 bonus for $10000 deposit offer. Need to hold for 90 days.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus?prd=os&chl=em&schl=emd&cid=Learn_More

7 Likes