Booster Shots: When will you get a booster (3rd) shot of the vaccine?

Contrary to the article title, the text says they’re suggesting indefinite yearly boosters. Which is repeated boosters.
And only speculation about what interval.

It would be very difficult in any case to vaccinate the world every 3 months, and would be unreasonable with the currently existing strains. But viruses don’t need to or tend to mutate to less harmful new viruses, that’s not how nature/ evolution works. A worse virus that is as transmissible can arise. We got lucky with omicron not being that worse virus as well as being the most human transmissible virus to have existed. .
At that point, a rapid vax campaign and the only other mitigations available before new vaccines will be required. Whether that’s a variant from covid or something completely different.

1 Like

Uh,

Is yearly speculative?

Also,

Except in the case of Omicron. Is that because you think Covid was manufactured by the Chinese govt in Wuhan, and partially funded by 'ol Doc Fauci and his cohorts?

Say it ain’t so, brother bender.

1 Like

Repeated targeting a “covid season”, that gives your body down time in between. And, if following the flu strategy, would be targeted to the currently prevailant strain. Not the same shot over and over to keep the antibodies pumping nonstop. It’s pretty disingenuous to reduce it to merely ‘speculation’ about the interval.

Natural evolution follows the notion that the virus requires a living host to survive. So while there can be anomolies along the way, in general they evolve to become less lethal to their hosts. We did not just “get lucky” with omnicrom, and your fear-based comments go against what “the science” is slowly beginning to accept (science always accepted it, “the science” of public opinion is what’s starting to accept it).

3 Likes

No it doesn’t work quite like you lay out. It just needs to kill slower than it infects to out compete

A percent or few mortality rate and similar would not be less likely to outcompete with the amount of infectious such as omicron. A few percent death rate is negligible effect.
There is no evolutionary pressure for a new virus to be harmless vs more harmful when we’re taking about single digit mortality percentages and unprecedented infectiousness. Losing 10% of hosts wouldn’t slow it. We just got extremely lucky. As long as it is infectious enough to infect more than it instantly kills (or more than enough to overcome mitigationmeasures)

Something like ebola that kills rapidly and high percentage is a different story.

The long covid/ autoimmune effects from omicron are still yet to be seen but hopefully not worse than the other variants (which aren’t harmless)

3 Likes

I hope, yet to see ANY report of long Omicron (it’s been a +month, not even a CNN hero )

I’m over it in 3 days (fingers’ crossed cross immune now to Delta, etc and no Omicron reinfection

3 Likes

I’m hoping/praying to see an accurate report of Omicron causing people to get smarter. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Moderna booster not helping prevent infection with O, just like the other vaccines where breakthrough infections are common.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/mrna-boosters-don-t-block-omicron-south-african-study-shows

Boosters showed equal or better outcomes when they were a different vaccine than the one originally used. In particular, JNJ elicited a particular good T cell response as a booster to someone who had one of the mRNA based vaccines originally.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMoa2116414

CD8+ T cells were more durable in recipients of the primary Ad26.COV2.S [JNJ] vaccine, and heterologous boosting with the Ad26.COV2.S vaccine substantially increased spike-specif ic CD8+ T cells in the recipients of primary mRNA vaccines. Thus, the heterologous boost immuni- zation strategy provides an immune response that may prove to be beneficial for durable preven- tion and control of Covid-19.

2 Likes

this is the first report I’m seeing for using JNJ as booster. Hard to even find it it here in AZ

I wonder if they don’t have good lobbyists, govt. relations. Too bad to see them become a distant 3rd to mRNA vaccines.

I can unequivically say that Omicron is an excellent booster, over both JNJ and the mRNA crapola. I’ve had the initial Delta (I think) inoculation and the Omicron booster, and feel ChiCom superb. My wife had the Wuhan Original, an mRNA emotional 2-shot “vaccine”, and the Omicron booster. I feel like Superman … she’s still worried. :wink:

2 Likes

Booster Shots:When will you get a booster (3rd) shot of the vaccine?

Hmmmm.

The mRNA bias hangs so heavy in this thread it is suffocating. I sense the presence of Fauci.

For the edification of the OP:

I received my booster shot earlier today. It was my SECOND vaccine shot.

There will be no third shot. Period. I am fully boosted, or I will be two to four weeks hence once today’s shot has time to kick in.

Reason for obtaining today’s booster shot was desire to enhance my protection against the virus.

My reasons for obtaining today’s booster shot did not include desire to boost the value of Fauci’s stock portfolio. He has enough money already.

Long live Janssen J & J. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

novavax also but they barely make the news at all

1 Like

I’m surprised as your firm stance. We really won’t hear anything about Covid (except as an excuse) until after the mid-terms. But, if big pharma donates enough to the right (wrong) people, we can expect more penalites/restrictions on the unvaxxed.

Congratulations on surviving your booster, but what has the Fugitive got to do with anything? :smile: Oh, and I don’t mean the one that is currently hiding.

1 Like

FDA approves 4th shot for age 50+

I’m shocked, shocked to find gambling going on here.

Is it time to rename the thread yet? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The 3rd worked so well we definitely need a 4th, because Pfizer told me so. They didn’t even give good data justifying it, just some hand wavy stuff about Israel where they’ve been giving lots more boosters (and still have tons of cases). I mean, it’s not nothing, but it’s not peer reviewed and only studied outcomes for a mere 40 days…

CDC recommended a 4th one also now, for older people.

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard/read, they “allow” people to get a Nth shot, but are not recommending it. Apparently, they now believe the public is more knowledgeable than they are on the the need for another shot.

When the insanity starts to perpetuate itself, all that’s left to do is not get in it’s way.

2 Likes