Class Action Lawsuit Settlements

3 Likes

Optical disk drive payment on its way… $24.22.

2 Likes

Wow, lucky you. I got $7.61 from the disk drive payment coming my way.

Received the optical drive payment. Options are (all electronic): Amazon, Target, Starbucks, and Mastercard.

5 Likes

Optical drive. $11.42 for me.

3 Likes

~$15 for me on the optical drive settlement.

3 Likes

Facebook

https://www.fbinternettrackingsettlement.com/

I wonder if facebook will get access to the claim details. I’ve never given them any PII, but the claim form needs it. It could be worth more to them than the miserly settlement amount ($90M).

1 Like

I’d think all that would matter is your info match what you put on your FB account. As long as that info allows your payment to get to you.

90M isn’t much. But given their user base in 2010(!), I could see an even lower rate of participants than the pretty low rate that is normal.

Probably ~700M users, not sure how many of them in US. I believe only the email address is needed to match the account. The question is whether FB can get their hands on everything else provided on the form… and how much your privacy is worth.

You missed the point - you already had to enter some sort of a name for your Facebook account. As long as the fake info doesn’t interfere with your physically receiving the payment, use the name/fake info used on the account.

Well, firstly I won’t be able to cash a check in my fake name (though it may work if it’s an electronic payment or a gift card that appear to have become popular lately), and secondly I don’t want to give facebook an address.

There are lots of other payment options to select, most of which only require an email address for delivery.

3 Likes

Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation - received $91 in Amazon gift card

5 Likes

Mondelez Breakfast Biscuits: $9.47. Came as a MC prepaid card.

2 Likes

Got a whopping $3.82 for those biscuits in Paypal.

2 Likes

Late reply, but if you have to fill out a claim form, you may be committing fraud if the information is incorrect. It’s unlikely that you’ll get caught, but you should consider that as a factor. It’s why I won’t enroll in Nextdoor, although I understand that now Nextdoor is near Nextworthless.

Optical Disk Drive settlement - just over $76. And I was beginning to think it was scammy.

2 Likes

What’s the rub on Nextdoor?

On the claim form, the only concern is that it matches what is on your account. And as long as you arent doing so to bypass limits or manufacture false eligibility, you are generally free to identify yourself as whatever you please.