Poll: Vote now in this race to the bottom

“Sometimes we need to spend millions of dollars to remind minorities what’s best for them,” said Newsom. “Right now, what’s best for them is being locked in their homes and given forced vaccinations. Larry Elder will try to come in and offer to lower their taxes, give them jobs, and heal their communities, but the thing that really matters here is that he wore blackface.”

The scandal deepened later that afternoon when Larry Elder made an appearance, still wearing blackface.

4 Likes

Biden was supposed to come and campaign for Newsom. Same for Harris. Both indefinitely postponed.

Edit. there are several stories in the news that the visit is still on. I will believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Excellent observation!

I am shocked, SHOCKED!, that Newsom would want to avoid placing the Biden brand on his retention efforts. :rofl:

:rofl:

2 Likes

Surprisingly, Fredo’s brother has lost his honorary Emmy. I’ll take the Don’t Pass bet on him returning the statue/plaque/what-ever-it-is.

1 Like

Edit. The background to this is that San Jose mayor and the Santa Clara county board of supervisors are trying to kick sheriff Laurie Smith out of office. All these people including the sheriff are Democrats. So this is a fascinating time when Democrats are fighting with each other

yet another reason to recall Newsom. He has done nothing about this in his three years in office. See also the discussion in the financial implications of being arrested thread. we need a protective custody law so seriously mentally ill people can be put into a mental hospitals to be treated. Usually the police are the ones who interact with them but they are not trained for this.

In Santa Clara County, like the rest of California, there are more mentally ill people in jails and prisons than in hospitals. Jails and prisons have become California’s 21st Century mental hospitals. That is not the fault or the responsibility of California’s 58 elected sheriffs. It is the result of policies and decisions made by legislators, judges and prosecutors, not sheriffs. and the governor🤓

California’s mental health care system is fragmented and broken. One in six Californians experience some mental illness. Roughly 1 in 24 Californians have a mental illness so serious that functioning in daily life is nearly impossible. In the last 10 years in California, suicide has increased by 50%. Suicides by adolescents aged 15 to 19 have increased 63%. Since 1995, California has lost 42% of its acute-care psychiatric beds while the population has increased by 7.5 million people.

1 Like

More on the Elder’s campaign and the left wing media smears.

If a “young black man is eight times more likely to be killed by another young black man than [by] a young white man,” Elder told the Orange County Republicans, then “systemic racism is not the problem.”

Such statements are anathema to the establishment Left, deeply invested as it is in the idea that blacks have little agency in the face of ubiquitous white racism. Few subjects are more taboo in elite discourse than the elevated rate of crime among blacks, as it suggests cultural pathologies that—at the very least—complicate the victim narrative. To the Left, black crime is little more than a racist fiction.

4 Likes

I really appreciate your post, but have apparently lost my mind. What is wrong with what he said? Is it triggering? racist? soon-to-be-illegal?

Look, I’m happy to fall in with the current (but ignorant), “white people can’t talk about black people” mantra, but isn’t he black? I may be wrong, but am pretty sure he is. So … what the heck do the idiots thing is wrong now?

3 Likes

No, it’s not you who has lost their mind…

2 Likes

He’s conservative and he might win.

5 Likes

Biden going to go “help out” in CA. With Biden’s weak ratings, I’m not sure how much help he’ll be.

1 Like

I think he’ll make things worse for Newsom. Real Clear Politics has Newsom keeping his job at +8.6. RCP has the McAuliffe (D) winning VA governor at +5.2. Biden is disliked more than liked right now. If Newsom loses or wins by less than 5 points, I could see McAuliffe specifically asking Biden NOT to “help out” with his race.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2021/governor/ca/2021-california-governor-recall-election-7360.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2021/governor/va/virginia_governor_youngkin_vs_mcauliffe-7373.html

1 Like

After the total debacle of the polls in the 2020 election I now assume that the truth is the exact opposite of their predictions. It is actually amazing that the pollsters have the nerve to provide the results without a large caveat. The California politicians give themselves a month to provide the final results of the election so we will not know until October.

1 Like

The majority of whom are Democrats . . .

I wonder if they will need the full month to manufacture votes for Newsom’s retention, if and as required.

3 Likes

If that’s the case, legalizing pot hasn’t been all bad. :smile:

I wonder how much those odds have factored in this possibility? Because such sites dont so much care about who wins, they care about who is declared the winner. And Newsom losing seems like something certain people will simply not allow happen.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/KateCagle/status/1435689908098592771

Video of a white woman wearing a gorilla mask throwing an egg at Larry Elder followed by several white people attacking Elder’s white bodyguard for confronting the woman.

This would be a national story and proof of white supremacy if Elder were a democrat.

My favorite reply to the tweet:
“Black man dealing with white Democrat mob violence. Gee, where have we read this script before?”

Pause for a second, just a second, and consider what might have happened in this country if a white person wearing a gorilla mask had nearly hit Barack Obama with an egg during his 2008 campaign. (And then punched a member of his security detail who intervened, as the California woman did.) Do you think perhaps that CNN might have been able to squeeze in a mention or two? Is there any possibility at all that some New York Times columnists might have weighed in on the matter? Do you think the Washington Post might have noticed?

4 Likes

We can tell which side of the political spectrum Cagle is on. The masked woman was a political assassin.

1 Like

LA Times pulling out all the stops to make sure this story isn’t properly reported

3 Likes

I thought I was inured to the bias of the left-wing media but this is taking it to a new level.

A report on ABC’s “Good Morning America” mentioned that during his tour of the homeless encampment, “several homeless people [chased] him away and someone [threw] an egg in his direction.” A report on “CBS This Morning” noted that Elder “was heckled by homeless advocates, one of whom threw an egg at the candidate during an L.A. campaign stop.”

Neither network pointed out that the woman who threw the egg had a gorilla mask on. In the past, comparisons of African Americans to primates have been considered racist.

A Fox News analysis of media coverage following the egg attack revealed that “ABC’s ‘World News Tonight,’ ‘NBC Nightly News,’ and CBS’ ‘Evening News’ didn’t find time for the story on Wednesday” and “The Washington Post appeared to skip the attack on Elder too.”

3 Likes

If there’s no way to blame Trump, there’s no reason to report it at all.

3 Likes