Poll: Vote now in this race to the bottom

He might have a fight on his hands if he tries that. De Blasio is still in residence there!

1 Like

Reminder

Should the NY State Assembly vote to impeach Cuomo, as now appears likely, he will IMMEDIATELY surrender power. It’s not like impeachment at the Federal level. In NY Cuomo would be out the moment he is impeached and Kathy Hochul would assume the duties of Governor. The only way for Cuomo to regain his lofty perch would be if he subsequently is acquitted in the NY Senate. An acquittal there would restore his position as Governor. But if the NY Senate voted to remove Cuomo he would be gone for good.

Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul is from western NY. I think she would quickly be seen as a most attractive alternative to Cuomo in many, many ways. Hence, I believe if Cuomo is impeached . . . he is toast.

1 Like

Yeah, my memory is shot. Thanks for the catch.
OTOH, with masks, who would know the difference?

ETA: Cuomo thinks he has found possible redemption. :-]

4 Likes

Those dumb Democrats and some Republicans could falsely fall for Cuomo’s new about face. Never mind those old folks allowed to assemble together on the onslaught.

I’m not sure what he wants to happen but he has a plan to set in motion. One thing for sure is to try and change the subject. Who knows it may work for him.

The public never had much interest in the “old folks homes” deaths. But they came alive with unheard of interest in his sexual relationships.

Cuomo may not escape this one. :wink:

1 Like

Deplatforming isn’t just for Trump. Cuomo got kicked off the donation / funding platform ActBlue. He was certainly acting in keeping with many other handsy democrats, but currently he’s on the outs so no fund raising help.

1 Like

The latest disinformation from the left-wing media. This is just a push poll to get the Democrat voters to mail their ballots.

1 Like

So he’s been kicked off facebook and twitter, too? If so, that is disgusting. People should be allowed the freedom to speak on those platforms, even if it is against the views of the C-suiters. I wonder if Anthony Wiener is on either of those platforms.

He just doesn’t have enough dirt on enough people. Poor planning, especially for someone so ambitious.

Not a huge deal. He can open his on library/massage parlor … or even more lucrative - a philanthropic organization. :smile:

Maybe he’ll get the urge to become a painter?

1 Like

Cuomo speculation

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-sexual-misconduct-scandal-11628198485?mod=opinion_lead_pos9

And no one in New York can see how Mr. Cuomo survives all this, even as no one can figure out how he’ll leave. He could resign, but no one who’s known him in the past thinks that possible

That leaves impeachment. All who will vote on that question know this: if Mr. Cuomo is impeached, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will become governor. She is a career politician from Western New York who is usually assumed, based on history and temperament, to be a moderate Democrat. If she becomes governor—the first woman in New York history—she would garner great initial good will and could become popular. This might thwart the ambitions of her party’s powerful progressives. Maybe they’ll figure that once she’s installed they can rough her up and let her know who’s boss; maybe they’ll find her unexpectedly pliant. But that’s chancy. Republicans don’t want a potentially popular Democrat either: They want to win in 2022. Both sides would benefit from a weakened, suppurating Gov. Cuomo, not a vibrant moderate who might play well on Long Island.

2 Likes

I think that only works if your daddy still has significant spending power. Since Saint Mario went into witness protection (or passed away) a few years back, I don’t think he can still spend like a <insert 4-letter adjective of your choice> politician.

What is surprising to me is how no one has really come out in support of him. Clinton apparently lied to his cabinet, and got darn near all of them to go out and support him.

It seems odd that coming from a formidable political family, that Cuomo either

1. doesn’t have enough dirt on the right people, or
  2. that he was so careless that everyone from shoe shiners to department heads knew he was of Clinton’s ilk, or
  3. he is so tone deaf to think that the me2 movement didn’t apply to him.
3 Likes

That female attorney of Cuomo speaking yesterday sounded pretty “on target”. She (I didn’t catch her name) was asking “where is the report”??

I actually was listening to the car radio at the time. The attorney seems to have more actual evidence on some of the ladies that contradict the story.

Then again Cuomo says I’ve been working in politics for 40 years and my behavior hasn’t changed. Yes maybe he has had sexual perversions for all these many years and no one has ever complained.

We see this happening every day!! Pretty bad…

See above Democrat Kathy Hochul (rhymes with yokel), Cuomo’s worst nightmare. Kathy is relatively young, self assured, well spoken, and NOT from anywhere near the NYC metro region.

Hence she is also a concern for millions of Democrats who believe NYC should rule the entirety of NY State.

It is noteworthy that if “Cuomo’s ladies” prevail in their desire to see him gone, they will be replacing him with yet another lady.

I sincerely hope Cuomo hangs on. If he does, he will tarnish the whole Democrat brand. If that is possible. Go Cuomo!

3 Likes

Newsom’s insurance policy. The Democrats are shameless. No opportunity for fraud here. coming soon to your state if the hard fighting (/sarcasm) Republicans in the Senate are not able to stop HR1

California Remote Accessible Vote-By-Mail (RAVBM)

• Downloads the application to mark their selections,
  • Marks their selections for each contest using their compatible technology, on their computer or tablet,
  • Prints and returns their marked selections by mail using the postage paid envelope included with their vote by mail ballot or using their own envelope which would require postage. The return envelope used in any instance, must have the voter’s signature on the outside of the envelope.

The view from where I’m sitting:

Cuomo appears more and more to be toast. It’s likely to happen sooner rather than later. The King is (all but) dead. Long live the Queen. All hail Kathy!

But

I see things differently in California. It looks to me as if Newsom will survive. Why so? He can thank California Republicans who have a special ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

California’s Republican jackasses are running 24 candidates against Newsom. Their ability to unite behind just a single Newsom opponent or a small number of opponents: nonexistent

California Republicans: WABOA

They will richly deserve their defeat, for which they are working just as hard as they are able.

ETA

While I stand by the above, I need to acknowledge California’s weird recall voting process.

There are two steps . . two votes. First, voters must signal a wish to recall Newsom in the first place. This is where it would help having just a small number of strong Republican alternatives, since Republicans must pass that recall hurdle.

If Newsom loses that recall vote, then the person on the ballot who garners the most votes, even if only a plurality, becomes the new California Governor.

Noted in passing:

A vote against recall is, in essence, a vote for Newsom. It is interesting that he could easily lose the recall vote by a narrow margin while still far outpolling the Republican who ends up replacing him!

1 Like

As you noted in the rest of your post, I think no recommendation is the best tactic for the Republicans. Instead of turning off the supporters of all but one, they can get a yes vote on the recall from all of them. If that happens then any of them will be better than Newsom.

I got turned off by the Larry Elder no-show at the debate. It was a great debate with good questions from the moderators. it would’ve been enlightening to see how he handled them. He is obviously a great communicator but a political neophyte. If he wins, I hope he is smart enough to get some political pros on his team. His mistakes in filing his candidacy documents are not promising.

1 Like

Was it proven that he actually made mistakes?

1 Like

No proof but the other major candidates did not have trouble getting on the ballot. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, his political inexperience could be a problem. President Trump, another political neophyte, had great policies but he made some terrible appointments.

1 Like

Point taken.

If Elder is as poor a politician as Trump was at the outset, he will have almost no chance of being reelected in California when the time comes.

While I strongly support Elder’s policy positions, and Trump’s as well of course, it is a pity the best Republicans are too often politically inept.

2 Likes