Poll: Vote now in this race to the bottom

Wonder whether the crime impunity is finally the deal breaker in California. Hard to look the other way and pretend there isn’t a problem when day after day, week after week, the news show elderly, women, and those who can’t fight back are victims of assaults and robberies. Oh, and how otherwise solid chains close locales due to the rampant shoplifting.

2 Likes

Must see TV:

Kathy Hochul will appear tomorrow (Sunday) morning on the CBS show Face the Nation.

We are now, just by a hair, less than a month away from the California recall election.

And Newsom clearly is smelling the possibility of his own political demise:

Newsom calls on California Democrats to “WAKE UP!”. But will they?

Stay tuned. This is gonna be interesting.

Who knows?

Sitting right here in the front seat, I don’t know anything more than you others. But as the saying goes more Republicans will probably go out and vote… :blush:

1 Like

Unfortunately, the election is all mail in. Custom made for ballot harvesting.

If the recall wins, it will be a miracle. The main thing the recallers have going for them is Newsom. He’s an unlikable lightweight in my biased opinion, Plus, he truly has botched up the state. And the Wuhan virus is making a resurgence just at the wrong time for him.

On the other side, the left has unlimited money for ads and to pay harvesting troops. Plus an electorate that leans overwhelmingly left.

What the heck, it has given us some interesting developments in these dog days of August,

2 Likes

Cuomo frees a handful of convicted felons for having served much of their time and seemingly turned their life around. He also pardoned a similar bunch of illegal aliens solely for the purpose of not getting them deported.

He missed the chance to pardon a dozen or so young staff ladies for the crime of being “too hot not to handle” in his expert opinion.

2 Likes

Regarding: Cuomo

It is noteworthy that he has not, as yet, officially resigned. Resignation in NY requires written notification to the NY Legislature.

Everything Cuomo has done so far is merely verbal. He has submitted nothing whatsoever, as of now, in writing!

There is chatter that Cuomo had a deal:

He resigns in return for impeachment proceedings being scuttled.

And, indeed, there was an announcement following his (verbal) resignation that impeachment proceedings were dead. However:

Now a change: It appears impeachment will go forward after all!

Stay tuned. Cuomo’s promised date for leave taking approaches apace. This might become interesting. Hope Kathy is patient. :wink:

2 Likes

When a black guy is a white Supremacist, the LA Times edition. Getting nervous over there in Lala land.

cofounder of Black Lives Matter Los Angeles: “He is a danger, a clear and present danger.”

Elder seemed to take the jab in jest this weekend, Tweeting: "You’ve got to be real scared and desperate to play the race card against the brother from South Central.”

2 Likes

Is it just me, or should Elder use that article as part of his campaign material? It sold me on voting for him.

Something is terribly wrong when literally any opinion other than “white people suck” is denounced as being a racist threat to blacks.

2 Likes

It seems pretty obvious from analysis performed after the 2016 presidential election that if Elder is not elected, it’s because Cali is racist. There is no other explanation.

3 Likes

And Fredo’s brother remains classy to the end …

Mario the Pious is weeping / saying the Tuesday Rosary.
Obama’s preacher is reminding him of chickens coming to roost.

2 Likes

Cuomo’s pardon of Frisco District Attorney Boudin’s cop killer father is big news around here. Apparently Boudin lobbied Cuomo. Boudin’s radical policies have led to a spike in crime in Frisco and people are circulating a recall petition.

If we are able to recall Newsom expect a similar round of scurrilous pardons from him.

Edit. Boudin’s peculiar first name, Chesa, is from his parent’s admiration of Communist mass murderer Che Guevara.

4 Likes

Here in California, we are being bombarded by anti-recall ads but they have a lot to overcome.

Wildfires burn. Utilities warn against too much electricity use. Drought devastates California farms. Hospital ICUS hold largely unvaccinated COVID-19 patients. Even those who got vaccines now contemplate the prospect of a third shot.

And Democratic voters preoccupied with other issues are just waking up to the possibility that their party’s governor could be replaced by October.

“It’s hard to pick one (crisis),” said Jessica A. Levinson, a law professor at Loyola Marymount University located in Los Angeles. “There’s just this perfect storm of low turnout, a special election, a lot of enthusiasm to recall him and virus numbers that we’re not really thrilled about.”

Democrats sped up Gavin Newsom’s recall to avoid California crises. They’re happening anyway

1 Like

But see this

2 Likes

Common on, tell us what you really think.

A vote for the recall is a vote for your conscience.

3 Likes

Shallenberger:

I have been a Democrat and progressive for all of my adult life. I voted for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. I support single-payer health care, high progressive taxes, and subsidized housing. I have never voted for a Republican.

Shallenberger has such poor political judgment that his support of the recall almost makes me want to vote against it. Almost :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I don’t recall him indicating his age. The lack of proofreading leads me to believe he’s on the younger end of the scale. In some places, it’s almost a rite of passage to vote for a Democrat until you’re 25 or 30. :upside_down_face:

according to wiki.

*Michael Shellenberger (born 1971)

imo he should know better.

1 Like

He’s generally great on energy and how terrible the mainstream left positions are for the environment - that’s his beat. I think it’s often more useful hear those criticisms from people that are actual democrat voters. Same with his criticism of Newsome and Cali in general. I think that substack post is essentially a longer version of his twitter thread, not a real article per se. Most of his full writings are published in actual newspapers and magazines with an editor fixing mistakes, so I would say he’s actually not used to proofing his stuff.

1 Like

This guy was taking the “vote now” a bit more seriously that the law intended.

man found passed out in a car had more than 300 unopened mail-in ballots for the gubernatorial recall election.

felon who had drugs, a loaded firearm, thousands of pieces of mail, a scale and multiple California driver licenses and credit cards in other people’s name, police said. The man, whose name was not released, was arrested for investigation of weapons, narcotics and forgery violations.

Working all the profitable angles I see. Probably was just taking a nap after a hard day of drug dealing, fire arms sales, identity theft and ballot harvesting.

2 Likes