Prospects for WWIII

I did no such thing. I declared him to be nuts, period. Possibly nuts enough to follow through on the threat.

1 Like

…and the only basis for that declaration is your fear him could potentially follow through with those threats. And the fact you just dont like him, thus you presume he must be crazy.

Cant we accept the fact that we (us and Putin) simply disagree over how the world should operate? I dont like Putin any more than anyone else does, but he isnt crazy. I just dont want him leading me.

1 Like

Nuclear sabre rattling by the West in response to Russian threats.

1 Like

This is crazy. If the Obama-Biden Administration goes ahead with a deal they’re going to put Israel and the Saudis and the Emirates and other countries in the Middle East into a corner and force them to go to war with Iran.

1 Like

Tulsi has her own show now. It’s on Rumble since you’d get censored off YouTube for not being willing to risk nuclear war in order to Stand With Ukraine. Here’s her pitch for peace and deescalation

1 Like

The anti-government protests are slowing down the Bidenistas push to deliver a deal to the mullahs

The second ingredient in the Khomeinist recipe is the seizure of hostages, something that the mullahs have practiced since day one of their 43-year control of Iran.

Last week, Tehran announced that 41 foreign nationals have been seized as hostages and charged with helping the current anti-regime protests across the country. That brings the number of hostages now held by the mullahs to 81, the highest since they seized 52 American diplomats in 1979.

Will the trick work again? I am almost certain that, had it not been for the current uprising against the Islamic Republic, the Biden administration would have fallen for the trick with a big smile, if only to save Obama’s only legacy while settling scores with Trump.

1 Like

As told in countless EMP post apocalypse novels, the power grid is a major weakness of our society. The left media, of course, never misses a chance to attack conservatives.

A power grid in Moore County, North Carolina was “intentionally attacked” on Saturday, leaving tens of thousands of people without power.

The North Carolina Department of Public Safety is working with the FBI in the investigation after firearms were used to disable equipment at two substations in the county.

Sheriff Ronnie Fields said he would leave it to the feds to determine whether the sabotage was domestic terrorism.

While no motivation is known at this time, NBC News hyped the possibility that the attack could have been carried out by those on the right over a drag show that was taking place that evening.

2 Likes

The power is still out in North Carolina as of December 6. They’re still trying to put the blame on “white supremacists” with absolutely no evidence. The time it has taken to restore power shows how poorly prepared the utility, Duke Power Energy, is to deal with outages.

Fears of an attack on the nation’s electricity infrastructure are nothing new. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ordered grid operators to increase security following a still-unsolved April 2013 sniper attack on a California electric substation.

The attack on the Pacific Gas & Electric Company’s Metcalf Transmission Substation in an isolated area near San Jose, California, caused power outages and led to calls for millions of people to conserve energy.

The targets also present an increasing challenge to secure because attackers don’t always have to get as close as they did in North Carolina in order to do damage, Southers said. With the right rifle, skill and line of sight a sniper could take a shot from as far as 1,500 meters (about 4,900 feet) away.

1 Like

But lets make our transportation capabilities dependant on that same vulnerable grid as well…

2 Likes

I suspect that Duke is dragging their heels to get less opposition when they ask for their (seemingly) annual rate increase.

News on the North Carolina power outage. To put this article in perspective the power outage happened on Saturday and it is now Thursday over four days later

1 Like

To be fair, I dont think many utilities are prepared to repair core system damage from gunfire. That’s way beyond the typical blown transformer or downed power line. I’m guessing there are parts involved that they only stock when it’s part of upcoming planned maintenance.

1 Like

Probably not a good time to live near a rural Air Force base either. Hello, North Dakota!

1 Like

To be fair, for Duke Energy to take this long is, in my jaded, suspicious opinion, by design. For a utility of this size with significant territory in hurricane prone areas, to not have replacement parts within 24 hours of diagnosis is … not criminal, but not far from it - JHC you’re a utility. You’re not Sears, Walmart, a grocery store, or a gas station, but a single source utility with millions of customers.

1 Like

I’d agree. Except that this isnt the type of damage typically seen from weather events. I’ll bet the delays were due to damage to components that “never” fail even under the most adverse natural conditions, where the “repair” essentially requires rebuilding that section of the facility from scratch. Even with the parts, there’s a ton of dismantling and reassembling required to get back online.

I accept that your scenario may be the case. I still find it hard to believe that a utility of their size (and their rates) does not have spares of every component in their system. They don’t need hundreds, but at least one.

Ukraine escalation

• PUTIN: MOSCOW WILL STATION TACTICAL NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN BELARUS - TASS.
  • PUTIN: PLACEMENT OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN BELARUS WILL NOT VIOLATE NUCLEAR NON-PROLIFERATION ACCORDS - TASS.
  • RUSSIA HAS MOVED 10 AIRCRAFT TO BELARUS THAT ARE CAPABLE OF CARRYING TACTICAL NUCLEAR WEAPONS - TASS.
  • PUTIN: WE’RE NOT TRANSFERRING OUR NUCLEAR WEAPONS TO BELARUS BUT WILL STATION THEM THERE, LIKE THE US DOES IN EUROPE - TASS.
  • US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE: WE HAVE FOUND NO REASON TO CHANGE OUR OWN STRATEGIC NUCLEAR POSTURE, NOR HAVE WE SEEN ANY SIGNALS THAT RUSSIA IS PLANNING TO USE A NUCLEAR WEAPON.
2 Likes

Another whopper along the line of “mostly peaceful, protests” and the southern border is secure.

1 Like

Milley’s comment probably got a lot of interest in Jerusalem and Riyadh

Words matter, and Milley’s insertion of “fielded” is the national security equivalent of a White House holiday weekend embarrassing document dump. In effect, Milley shifts US policy from denying Iran a nuclear weapon to acknowledging that the United States will not take action so long as a nuclear Iran does not deploy its nuclear weapons.[quote=“onenote, post:110, topic:4460, full:true”]
Did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Just Say the US Will Not Prevent a Nuclear Iran? - 19FortyFive

Words matter, and Milley’s insertion of “fielded” is the national security equivalent of a White House holiday weekend embarrassing document dump. In effect, Milley shifts US policy from denying Iran a nuclear weapon to acknowledging that the United States will not take action so long as a nuclear Iran does not deploy its nuclear weapons.
[/quote]

2 Likes