Prospects for WWIII

Nothing like fighting multi billion dollar proxy wars in two fronts. Time to claim Taiwan as a dependent in those taxes too, to the tune of $5B for starters…

Backup link

Wow! Did Hunter get a new job? :sunny:

ETA: Thanks for the backup link.

Meanwhile, Dear Leader is talking tough, gonna take Xi out back and show him who’s boss. US troops threatened to defend any invasion of Taiwan. .

Asked in a CBS 60 Minutes interview broadcast on Sunday whether U.S. forces would defend the democratically governed island claimed by China, he replied: “Yes, if in fact, there was an unprecedented attack.”

Asked to clarify if he meant that unlike in Ukraine, U.S. forces - American men and women - would defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese invasion, Biden replied: “Yes.”

CHINA FOREIGN MINISTRY, ON BIDEN SAYING U.S. WOULD DEFEND TAIWAN IN EVENT OF CHINESE INVASION: CHINA DEPLORES AND FIRMLY OPPOSES THIS, HAVE LODGED STERN REPRESENTATIONS

1 Like
2 Likes

Doesnt everyone who bluffs try to claim that they arent bluffing?

This is all posturing. He knows that using such weapons means the end of life as we know it. He also knows that there are very few people in the world with the balls to call that bluff.

The only real issue here is that we werent the ones threatening to nuke him if he didnt back off. We let him get the jump, so that we cant be proactive and can now only react.

1 Like

That describes the entire situation in Ukraine. Ukraine (and we) can only react to what Russia has been doing. If Ukrainian forces somehow manage to push Russian forces back to the border, it’s not like Ukraine will try to cross that border (at least the one set in 1991 by the fall of USSR, not the 2014 one where Russia illegally annexed Crimea) and try to take over parts of Russia.

Never know with this guy. There are way too many problems with using nukes, especially so close to his own borders, but he’s nuts, and apparently there’s nobody to stop him. He’s turning Russia into USSR, a walled-off, oppressed society, this time ruled by a despot/monarch instead of a communist party.

3 Likes

And that’s our fault, pretty much handing him a “nothing to lose, everything to gain” scenario. If there is any hope of bullying him into submission, we need to be the bully doing the end of the world scale bluffing.

I think he’s the opposite of nuts; beside the philosophical disagreement you have with him, what mistake has he made? I’m pretty sure that he agrees with you, that there apparently nobody to stop him. So why would he stop? Capitalizing on our fear is pretty strategic, not insane. It’s not like he keeps pounding his head into a brick wall, we’re the ones who keep thinking we can stop him by lobbing a few balls of tissue paper in his direction (and indirectly, at that). That is the part of this that is rather nuts.

1 Like

I dunno about that. Russia and Russians have already lost quite a bit since February. They’ve set themselves back probably 20 years. And that’s not going to recover quickly.

The threat may be strategic, but the follow through would be nuts. I’m saying he may be nuts enough to follow through on the threat.

2 Likes

And yet here you are already declaring him to be nuts, based solely on your fear over the chance there is a possibility he might do it,

I did no such thing. I declared him to be nuts, period. Possibly nuts enough to follow through on the threat.

1 Like

…and the only basis for that declaration is your fear him could potentially follow through with those threats. And the fact you just dont like him, thus you presume he must be crazy.

Cant we accept the fact that we (us and Putin) simply disagree over how the world should operate? I dont like Putin any more than anyone else does, but he isnt crazy. I just dont want him leading me.

1 Like

Nuclear sabre rattling by the West in response to Russian threats.

1 Like

This is crazy. If the Obama-Biden Administration goes ahead with a deal they’re going to put Israel and the Saudis and the Emirates and other countries in the Middle East into a corner and force them to go to war with Iran.

1 Like

Tulsi has her own show now. It’s on Rumble since you’d get censored off YouTube for not being willing to risk nuclear war in order to Stand With Ukraine. Here’s her pitch for peace and deescalation

1 Like

The anti-government protests are slowing down the Bidenistas push to deliver a deal to the mullahs

The second ingredient in the Khomeinist recipe is the seizure of hostages, something that the mullahs have practiced since day one of their 43-year control of Iran.

Last week, Tehran announced that 41 foreign nationals have been seized as hostages and charged with helping the current anti-regime protests across the country. That brings the number of hostages now held by the mullahs to 81, the highest since they seized 52 American diplomats in 1979.

Will the trick work again? I am almost certain that, had it not been for the current uprising against the Islamic Republic, the Biden administration would have fallen for the trick with a big smile, if only to save Obama’s only legacy while settling scores with Trump.

1 Like

As told in countless EMP post apocalypse novels, the power grid is a major weakness of our society. The left media, of course, never misses a chance to attack conservatives.

A power grid in Moore County, North Carolina was “intentionally attacked” on Saturday, leaving tens of thousands of people without power.

The North Carolina Department of Public Safety is working with the FBI in the investigation after firearms were used to disable equipment at two substations in the county.

Sheriff Ronnie Fields said he would leave it to the feds to determine whether the sabotage was domestic terrorism.

While no motivation is known at this time, NBC News hyped the possibility that the attack could have been carried out by those on the right over a drag show that was taking place that evening.

2 Likes

The power is still out in North Carolina as of December 6. They’re still trying to put the blame on “white supremacists” with absolutely no evidence. The time it has taken to restore power shows how poorly prepared the utility, Duke Power Energy, is to deal with outages.

Fears of an attack on the nation’s electricity infrastructure are nothing new. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ordered grid operators to increase security following a still-unsolved April 2013 sniper attack on a California electric substation.

The attack on the Pacific Gas & Electric Company’s Metcalf Transmission Substation in an isolated area near San Jose, California, caused power outages and led to calls for millions of people to conserve energy.

The targets also present an increasing challenge to secure because attackers don’t always have to get as close as they did in North Carolina in order to do damage, Southers said. With the right rifle, skill and line of sight a sniper could take a shot from as far as 1,500 meters (about 4,900 feet) away.

1 Like

But lets make our transportation capabilities dependant on that same vulnerable grid as well…

2 Likes

I suspect that Duke is dragging their heels to get less opposition when they ask for their (seemingly) annual rate increase.