The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

The European politicians like Germany’s Merkel worked with the greens to make Europe totally dependent on Russian natural gas and are financing the Russian war against Ukraine. This despite President Trump’s warnings.

1 Like

The Big Guy wasn’t getting his 10% of this part of his son’s action, although it sounds like he was bankrolling it.

Greenwald on Hunter’s shady financial activities and the suppression of those.

I hope we have a very stable and reputable person writing the Big Guy’s teleprompter text, because he just says anything that shows up there.

https://twitter.com/QTRResearch/status/1545461961965637632

Follow up news coverage

3 Likes

Great post!!

Biden would be insanely funny if this were not all such a catastrophe.

Between his miscues and Pelosi’s ta-tas the Democrats are putting on quite a show.

1 Like

Justice in NYC these days for most crimes like robbery, etc, means a slap on the wrist and being released without bail under progressive DA Alan Bragg.

However, if you defend yourself against a robbery, like this old guy working the payment counter at some corner store after he gets assaulted behind the counter by some thug, you can expect half a million in bail and fast ticket to Rikers high security prison where you can get poor medical treatment for your self defense wounds.

Following the initial incident, police said Simon’s girlfriend got into an argument with Alba after she was unable to pay for a bag of chips and asked him to open a tab for her at the store. When Alba declined, she complained to Simon, who came back and attacked the worker.

Alba’s family insists he was acting in self-defense when he grabbed a knife to fight off Simon inside the Hamilton Heights Grocery. Surveillance footage showed Simon storming behind the counter, where he menaced and assaulted the employee.

On the bright side - one less thug anyway (the criminal died from his stab wounds), and with enough pressure from the public and the NYC mayor, the guy was bailed out and released.

Of course the DA didn’t charge at all the thug’s girlfriend at all, who also got involved and stabbed the clerk a couple times after the first fight. She was the one who started it all by refusing to pay for what she wanted.

NYC - where criminals’ rights come first.

1 Like

Gertner’s advocacy for court expansion in the wake of the recent rulings provides a window into the mounting pressure that Biden currently faces. A growing number of voices on the left now say the Biden administration has deeply underappreciated the problems presented by the conservative court — not just as a matter of jurisprudence but as an issue of democratic governance itself.

Hahaha! The recent court decisions focused on a right that hasn’t been passed, and in fact doesn’t exist, anywhere in federal law, and mandates from an unelected agency. I’d say it’s pretty clear the issue is with those trying to do the [faux] “democratic” governing…

I’m really glad this lady is a former District Court judge, because her being on the bench is one reason the Supreme Court exists in the first place.

1 Like

On the progessives’ cultural revolution going on in the US. It’s a long read, but basically calling on people to stand up for what they believe in and refuse to believe in the modern nonsense.

I loved telling people I worked for The Times. Part of me imagined I would work there forever. I also imagined I’d live in a world where I could say with confidence and clarity: I know where I want to work. I know where I want to live. I know where I want to raise my kids. Or send them to school. Or where they should apply to college.

But the truth is I don’t know any of those things anymore.

—-

And the obvious parts of progressive ideology and CRT

Persuasion—the purpose of argument—is replaced with public shaming. Moral complexity is replaced with moral certainty. Facts are replaced with feelings. The rule of law is replaced with mob rule.

Ideas are replaced with identity. Forgiveness is replaced with punishment. Debate is replaced with disinvitation and de-platforming. Diversity is replaced with homogeneity of thought. Inclusion with exclusion. Excellence with equity.

In this ideology, disagreement is recast as trauma. So speech is violence. But violence, when carried out by the right people in pursuit of a just cause, is not violence at all—but in fact justice.

In this ideology, bullying is wrong, unless you are bullying the right people, in which case it’s very, very good. In this ideology, information that does comport with The Narrative is recast as disinformation, its proponents as conspiracy theorists. In this ideology, education is not about teaching people how to think, it’s about re-educating them in what to think. In this ideology the need to feel safe trumps the need to speak truthfully.

4 Likes

Satire roundup

I well remember a time when, at least to me, “CRT” stood for “cathode ray tube”.

Those were far better days than these.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I visited Monticello as a youngster, together with my mother and dad. It was so long ago I’m unable to recall with absolute certainty. Regardless:

Anyone who made the pilgrimage back then is fortunate. I would never visit Monticello today. The revelations in that article are shocking and disgusting. The left is using its money and power literally to erase American history.

2 Likes

A much more detailed follow up on Biden’s mental infirmities. A collection of his more egregious errors as well as chronicling the White House staff’s subsequent lies about what he said.

1 Like

Comment

The woke cancer and Trump

It will take any future non-Democrat POTUS more than four years to root out our woke cancer. It will take Trump even longer than it would take others.

As he began his first term Trump had no clue how to manipulate the levers of power in the American government bureaucracy. And he was not a quick study.

By now Trump may realize his massive ineffectiveness in those early days; or he might not. But even if Trump today recognizes his initial shortcomings, he would be hard pressed to overcome them starting in 2025. This is because, unlike someone such as Biden for example, Trump’s “rolodex” of critical appointees is painfully and manifestly sparse. Trump does not know enough people upon whom he can rely to carry out counter-woke initiatives. And worse:

Sadly, too many of the people who otherwise might fill those demanding and essential roles will be unwilling to serve alongside Trump, so toxic can be his persona. Trump is extremely personally capable. This is how he succeeded so well with the Trump Organization. But the US Government doesn’t work that way. It’s not close to being a one man show. If Trump does win in 2024, he will not be able in only four years to pull Biden and Obama’s woke culture out by the roots. We need somebody who can do better.

2 Likes

Hunter is the gift to the Republicans that keeps giving, if only they can get some media coverage on him. Most recently, someone hacked his iCloud account and leaked a huge trove of pictures and videos from his device backups, more recently than laptop ones.

1 Like

Oh, he’ll get the media coverage - about how he gets unfairly targeted by his dad’s political enemies who do illegal things to try to make him look bad. And like all the other times, it wont matter what was found or that it is completely true, all that will matter is denouncing the illicit source.

2 Likes

Kidding. Right?

It is becoming more clear with each passing day that the acorn fell only a very short distance from the mighty oak. But the media acorns are scattered about beneath that very same oak. There will be no coverage which could imperil Democrats in any way, shape, or manner.

1 Like

Insurrectionist media roundup. These guys sure don’t sound like they’re likely to respect an election outcome that doesn’t go their way.

Ditch the Constitution and Start Over!”

**How to Discipline a Rogue Supreme Court”.

“** Can Democrats Expand the Supreme Court and How Likely Is it?”. “

**Congressional climate hawks demand action after ‘alarming’ Supreme Court decision.

Hate the Supreme Court? Our problems actually start with the Constitution”.

POWER, NOT REASON”: THE FALL OF ROE AND THE RISE OF REPUBLICAN ORTHODOXY AT THE SUPREME COURT. The conservative majority of the court did away with a half century of American law simply because they can—and regardless of the will of the majority of Americans.

3 Likes

Democrats never were worth much. They are worth a whole lot less today.

1 Like

They also sound like guys who will do anything to ensure an election outcome does go their way…

2 Likes

Anyone who believes China does not have its eye on Australia and New Zealand is smoking stuff which once was illegal. :wink:

I’m thinking second half of this century for certain, maybe even before that. But prior to 2100 no doubt.

SO many people in China. SO few people in ANZ. Something has got to give.

But we can hope that the deal will collapse