The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Again, my post was about surrogacy. You apparently wish to focus elsewhere so you can indulge your dislike of Trump. I understand. There are millions of Americans like you. We disagree on the underlying issues which are the ones that really matter.

1 Like

You apparently wish to focus elsewhere so you can indulge your dislike of Trump.

You made a statement about how impressive you thought he was for “withstanding” all of this.

If you think it is off topic to remark on that statement, then you shouldn’t have included it in the discussion.

The post was about surrogacy. It seeks to focus on there being twenty some odd lawsuit attacks on Trump, the goal being to bring him down so Conservatives have one less champion for their ideas and beliefs. And whether I like it or not, Trump is likely our most prominent champion right now.

In the course of that exposition I made a variety of statements with which you obviously are free to disagree. I do note with interest that you prefer not to address the core thesis of my post, seeking instead to lead the discussion elsewhere in a manner typical of liberals.

response to the FBI raid

‘They told our lawyer… you have to leave the property right now. Turn off all security cameras.’ ‘They would not give her the search warrant,’ he claimed. ‘So they showed it to her from about 10 feet away. They would not give her a copy of the search warrant.’

By not turning off the security cameras, Eric said they saw the FBI raiding areas of the property that they ‘shouldn’t have been.’

“The FBI and others from the Federal Government would not let anyone, including my lawyers, be anywhere near the areas that were rummaged and otherwise looked at during the raid on Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote. "Everyone was asked to leave the premises, they wanted to be left alone, without any witnesses to see what they were doing, taking or, hopefully not, ‘planting,’ " he added.

And some of the (normally very minor, at least if you’re a Democrat) legal consequences behind the national archives hassling Trump over possible documents.

1 Like

NYC loves immigration

Meanwhile the Racist-in-Chief is building a wall

I guess maybe this is why :slight_smile:

1 Like

This most likely is a reference to the theft, by several of Biden’s FBI Gestapo troopers, of souvenirs from Melania’s “delicate items” drawer, to include both her bras and her panties. These titillations are as close as those scum will ever come to Melania’s evident treasures.

1 Like

we do not have a 2024 thread so I’m posting here. The President is clearly going to run. See this extremely well done video.

As noted by Steve Hayward at Powerline, there’s not one mention of the stolen 2020 election in the video.

Little weasel Biden AG Merrick Garland is about to address the nation

Stand by for BS . . . .

And he’s done.

I watched. Yes, it was total BS and he refused to answer questions.

Garland’s standing as a weasel remains unchallenged.

1 Like

About that raid

2 Likes

comment on a conservative website:
Garland’s presser summarized

Yeah, we raided Trump, I OK’d it, and my FBI storm troopers are all boy scouts.”

1 Like

A video from an 8 day old channel on youtube who’s very first video was praising Ron DeSantis? What makes you think Trump’s team had anything to do with making it? What was so well done about it? Seemed pretty amateurish to me.

I’m not saying he’s not running. I’m just saying that there are plenty of people and groups that love Trump and have the ability to overlay clips on top of a Trump speech and add dramatic music. That’s who made this.

About the Democrat tax and spend legislation, which will pass the House today:

It pays for audit of the tax returns of average taxpayers, in their millions, in order to raise money to subsidize purchase, by rich elites, of electric vehicles average people are unable to afford.

This is “Robin Hood” legislation . . . . in REVERSE!

The dirty Democrats are taking money from the poor in order to benefit the rich.

4 Likes

WashPo parodies write themselves these days:

https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/status/1557902514225352704?s=20&t=NFq4Is7wQ0GAkcl4y_BXug

It told the truth.

Honestly, being an average taxpayer who claims and pays my full bill, I do tend to agree that other average taxpayers who arent paying their full tax bill should be identified and billed accordingly. It’s not about raising money, it’s about being fair.

Raid recap

If the IRS only audited tax cheats, you’d have a point. But because of the way the IRS operates, the old saying, “If you didn’t do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about,” doesn’t apply. The IRS has in its power to, and does, audit people based on algorithmic decisions. When the police pull you over, they have to have seen you do something wrong. Even when the police have a DUI checkpoint, you’re only on the hook for doing something wrong on that particular trip. If the police acted like the IRS, at a checkpoint they would be able to open your phone, check your google maps GPS and fine you for speeding anytime in the past 7 years. Or you would just get a knock on your door with the police serving a warrant for all your documents based on the fact that your bank account had a lot of money transferred into it, regardless of where the transfer initiated.

After these extra auditors are hired, there is every reason to expect that there will be an extremely large increase in the number of audits of people who have done absolutely nothing wrong. It’s on you to prove that your business lost money last year. It’s not on the IRS to prove that it made money. Since the burden is essentially on the auditee, going through an audit can be an extremely stressful process for the average taxpayer that cannot afford to hire a professional to represent them. This expansion cannot honestly be characterized as just going after tax cheats and being fair.

4 Likes

That’s my point. If you’ve done nothing wrong, there’s nothing for an audit to find. There is no “burdon”, you just need to provide them with the basis for the numbers you listed - which you should already have from when you prepared the return in the first place.

The stress of an audit, when you arent actively trying to hide something, comes from your accounting records being chaotic and incomplete, so you know there’s a good chance you really did screw something up. And the audit fixes what you screwed up - any money due following an audit isnt costing the taxpayer, it’s money that’s been due all along and should’ve already been paid.

Where do you think all this extra revenue is going to come from? The “cheating” may or may not have been intentional, but it still represents a deficit between what you paid and what you should’ve paid.

… you might have better presidential prospects than the incumbent.

That’s not true. If they decide to do a “lifestyle audit” on you, they can pull all your bank accounts and presume every deposit was income until you prove otherwise. Likewise, they can estimate your change in net worth from statements of your bank, brokerage, etc accounts at the start and end of year, and presume the appreciation is taxable income until you prove otherwise.

“You May Beat the Rap, But You Can’t Beat The Ride"

1 Like

Can they? Sure. Do they? Not to most “average taxpayers”. No matter how many auditors they have running around, the same basic premise will still apply - they want their effort to be worth their time. There will still be the same random audits there has always been, but these new auditors’ primary focus will remain on potential big fish. Their goal wont be to catch an unaccounted-for $50 check you happened to deposit.

I was concerned about a potential audit back when I was getting regular 5-figure credit card rewards deposits every month. I was also not an average taxpayer at the time. The people this affects are those with a potential skeleton in their closet. But if you are a run-of-the-mill average taxpayer, there’s no reason to be any more worried about audits today than you were last month or last year.