The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Having successfully stolen the last election, the Congressional Democrats are trying to pass a bill to make it impossible to challenge their future control.

I’m sure it’s just “cleaning up obscure procedural rules”, which is a higher priority than dealing with inflation or the economy according to their voters.

1 Like

Hard to tell fake news from reality again.

1 Like

‘She was 12 — I was 30’: Biden goes off script to acknowledge audience member (msn.com)

"He said Republicans want to ‘preserve our constitution freedom.’ That sounds great. I’m for doing that as well; we all are. But look at what they’ve actually done: MAGA Republicans just cheered and embrace the first Supreme Court decision in our entire history … that actually took away a fundamental right.”

I really wish that, for just one minute, they’d stop parroting this propaganda and actually [try to] explain what, in the Constitution or any law at all, makes this anythign resembling fundamental right. Because it isnt there, not even in some vaguely tangent language. That’s the whole reason why it was returned to the states. Which is why they keep pushing that claim, but never ever even attempt to explain it.

Satire roundup

1 Like

Grifters gonna grift. This is Joe’s shady brother.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/james-biden-settles-loan-lawsuit-tied-to-rural-hospitals-bankruptcy-11664236240?tpl=br

James Biden settles loan lawsuit tied to rural hospitals’ bankruptcy. James Biden, brother of President Biden, has agreed to pay $350,000 to settle a lawsuit alleging he played a role in the financial collapse of a rural hospital operator he advised, Americore Health LLC.

The proposed settlement resolves a bankruptcy trustee’s lawsuit alleging the hospital company wired Mr. Biden $600,000 in loans in 2018 that were never repaid, even when Americore was strapped for cash.

I wish nearly bankrupt companies would send me their last $600k and not ask for it back. Or Russian politicians sending me millions for “services” they never ask for, or Chinese military agencies giving me a billion to “invest” in my hedge fund, or…

It’s good to be related to Brandon.

1 Like

The VP doing her job of making the Prez look good. Here closely allying us with the wrong half of Korea.

1 Like

How much is too much fear mongering?

Even the article itself states that this is a list of books that have been removed by a few as one school district somewhere in the US, despite the headline implying they’ve been banned “in [all of] the US”.

And even that’s a stretch, as apparently some of those supposedly banned books were merely removed from the school’s recommended reading list (or whatever equivalency) as a school changed third-party reading program providers that provide their own proprietary lists. Again, something noted in the article itself, but entirely ignored by the headline.

Where is the list of “banned” books that were dropped from the curriculum to make room for materials to teach little girls that “they can grow up to be a boy, too!”?

2 Likes
1 Like

Roundup of what’s on deck for the Supreme Court and their implications.

1 Like

Good article. It is going to be a blockbuster session, we hope. From the article

If you get your legal news from social media, you might think that the Supreme Court has made an extreme right turn in the law and is pushing full steam ahead in that direction. On this reading, its rulings on last term’s big cases represent an ideological hijacking of our Constitution. What’s more, because Republican presidents appointed the six justices in the majority of each of these cases, these radical decisions were all just partisanship disguised as law.

That take—one unfortunately sees it not just from Twitter commentators but also from highly regarded law professors and journalists—is, to use the technical legal term, hogwash. As the Wall Street Journal put it, “The fury of the left’s reaction isn’t merely about guns and abortion. It reflects their grief at having lost the Court as the vehicle for achieving policy goals they can’t get through legislatures.” It’s an understandable impulse, but one that unfairly impugns the highest court in the land.

Put me down for a further unraveling of the Burger Court.

1 Like

2024 - build the wall

Score one for the “election deniers”

Twenty-four hours after New York Times reporter Stuart Thompson attacked an “election denier” claim about an election software firm as a “conspiracy theory,” he was forced to report on its CEO’s arrest on suspicion of stealing data from poll workers and storing it in China.

1 Like

Jackson said that “the entire point of the amendment was to secure rights of the freed former slaves.” As a result, she wondered, how could the state be barred from considering race when deciding whether more majority Black districts should be drawn

Of course, why wouldn’t you claim that an Amendment guaranteeing equal rights means that black minorities should get priority?

4 Likes

FBI shocking found some evidence against Hunter. Whether they’ll do anything with it is less clear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/06/hunter-biden-tax-gun-charges/

of course it’s related to some gun he previously owned, not all the self-filmed drugs and under-aged sexcapades or the taking dirty Russian money (especially bad nowadays).

1 Like

NYC declares state of emergency over all the sanctuary it likes to offer to illegal aliens but wishes no one would actually show up.

I assume one of the benefits of putting them all on a boat is you can ship them to FL where they can get jobs looting or something.

3 Likes

You send us 50 on a plane, we’ll return 5,000 on a boat!

Ignoring the seriousness of the subject matter, that would be a really impressive counter-move.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) described the revelation as a “disgrace,” while others said it was an absurdity unbecoming of the foremost domestic intelligence and security service. Many pointed to the incident as evidence the FBI is corrupt and must be reined in.

1 Like

Sanctuary woes, the NYC edition

2 Likes

I’m sure the Democrat committee want him to testify in secret and then leak selectively edited excerpts.

A belated satire roundup