The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Cast aside all doubt. The AP has just provided proof positive that the Biden administration is for the birds!

AP: US to resume enforcement of unlawful bird deaths by industry

ETA

Rest assured avian slaughter caused by wind turbines will never be prosecuted by Biden’s lackeys.

This is akin to the incoherent liberal stance on smoking, to wit:

Stay away from tobacco it is bad for your health . . . . but smoke all the pot you want.

Here’s the latest on the maneuvering. At least on the spending bills. But what about the debt ceiling increase and the spending continuing resolution? There are a lot of moving parts here. If this wasn’t so depressing it would be entertaining.

They don’t have the votes. Bernie took his progressive votes and went home, demanding both bills go together (the mostly real infrastructure one and the huge bloated everything else one). Manchin took a hard line against much of the spending in the big bill. Meanwhile, the moderate senator from AZ is invited to a bribery session at the white house to see if they can buy her vote towards the bloat.

This is how the sausage gets made, or maybe how the pig gets slaughtered.

1 Like

This is how Biden thinks - $3.5T is “free” if someone else is paying for it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-new-spending-whopper-11632780042

“Every time I hear this is going to cost A, B, C, or D—the truth is, based on the commitment that I made, it’s going to cost nothing,” President Biden said at a press conference Friday, trying to restore momentum to the reconciliation package, “because we’re going to raise the revenue.”

We didn’t know that when you pay for something that makes it free… And so a talking point is born, or at least trying to be: The largest tax increase as a share of GDP and the largest entitlement expansion since the 1960s costs nothing.

3 Likes

Everyone knows what really is on Joe’s mind. Suffice it to say:

Each time Krysten has a one-on-one with old Joe, Jill throws a fit.

Three options, from where I sit: (1) Put the Senate-passed bipartisan infrastructure bill to a vote on the House floor, and it passes. President signs it. Figure out reconciliation next. (2) Put ‘BIF’ to a vote on the House floor, and it fails. Lick wounds, regroup. (3) Pull and postpone the vote, knowing it would fail.

My money is on 3.

3 Likes

Future democrats welcome.

Joining a union or protesting for the right causes will be mitigating factors for allowing criminal aliens to remain. Maybe they should add voting to the list?

1 Like

Far left views on redistribution are not widely held, at least outside of congress.

2 Likes

I am hearing this morning that 85,000 Haitians are on their way to the USA border. Biden returned only 5000 of the last group, allowing 8500 to enter our country. Word got out. Those are odds good enough to motivate this current group to begin their travel.

Stick a fork. Biden will have time to destroy our country before we have an opportunity, in 2024, to eject him from office. And the Republican win in Congress next fall will not provide sufficient help to save our country from this Biden juggernaut.

Approval numbers? Even the liberal pollsters have Biden underwater. If you think he cares you are nuts. He is a man on a mission . . . . a mission to destroy traditional America. He will complete his mission.

Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never–in nothing, great or small, large or petty–never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

Winston Churchill
speech at Harrow School, October1941

Some analysis by Politico on the negotiations between the Democrats. BIF= bipartisan infrastructure

Biden’s basic incompetence is very hopeful, of course. The best thing for the country is if both bills go down.

So what is actually happening here? Progressives are pushing the idea that their threat to bring down BIF was sanctioned by the White House

“The fact that the president came to the Hill and whipped against his own bill is the strangest thing I’ve ever seen.

To boil down what is happening into a simple “progressives vs. moderates” dynamic ignores larger escalating tensions — between Democratic leaders on the Hill and in the White House; between the Senate and the House; between rank-and-file Democrats and their president.

Some senior Democrats feel like the White House strategy right now is self-defeating, and that if Biden didn’t want to vote on BIF absent a deal with Manchinema, he should have said so days ago.

Edit. More good news

1 Like

speaking of Biden’s incompetence

1 Like

Satire roundup

But, some political thinkers reject the idea of red or blue states entirely and point to the fact that all states have a mixture of Republican, Democratic and other third-party voters as well.

Excuse me? That was the conclusion the entire article was leading up to? :rofl:

2 Likes

Excellent post. I heard only a portion of a report about this incident and I was unable, prior, to pin down the venue. Biden is in process of exceeding all expectations on the downside.

In addition:

The notion that NBC would seek to cover for Biden is spot on. It varies from time to time. But right now the only network more in the bag for Biden is CBS.

Network adoration of Biden and his Marxist proclivities is despicable. But it does influence millions of weak-minded Americans.

ETA

It goes without saying that the above remark about CBS is true provided you ignore PBS. The latter is quite clearly an arm of the Democrat party.

1 Like

Drudge this morning reporting incursion by 52 Red Chinese war planes into Taiwanese air space. He is offering all the various links and I will not re-post them here.

This sort of thing is expected given the manifest weakness of the current American President. Biden does not have the cajones to take on a Red Chinese invasion of Taiwan. They were afraid of Trump. They well know Biden is a pussycat by comparison, and is beholden to them personally as well . . . along with his son, Hunter. Let’s face fact:

With over three years remaining to play with, the Reds may get Taiwan on the cheap, merely for the cost of a Biden buy-off.

1 Like

I think their “covering” was more for the obscenity being chanted on national tv. That’s the stuff that leads to fines. I think the newsworthy part is how the sentiment is taking over stadiums. And the groundbreaking notion that some think that Democrats and Republicans can both live in a single state.

We disagree. NBC is so in the bag for Biden it hurts. Where he is concerned, on NBC:

“Ne’er shall be heard a discouraging word”

2 Likes

I dont disagree. But at that moment, that reporter’s intention was to deflect from the obscenity being broadcast over network television.