The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

While we are getting the vapors over a word we are ignoring behavior that is a felony by Arizona law, illegally filming someone in a restroom without her permission.

3 Likes

Exactly. That’s the ‘2021’ thing.

1 Like

Facebook being pressured

Much is revealed by who is bestowed hero status by the corporate media. This week’s anointed avatar of stunning courage is Frances Haugen, a former Facebook product manager being widely hailed as a "whistleblower” for providing internal corporate documents to the Wall Street Journal relating to the various harms which Facebook and its other platforms (Instagram and WhatsApp) are allegedly causing.

The social media giant hurts America and the world, this narrative maintains, by permitting misinformation to spread (presumably more so than cable outlets and mainstream newspapers do virtually every week); fostering body image neurosis in young girls through Instagram (presumably more so than fashion magazines, Hollywood and the music industry do with their glorification of young and perfectly sculpted bodies); promoting polarizing political content in order to keep the citizenry enraged, balkanized and resentful and therefore more eager to stay engaged (presumably in contrast to corporate media outlets, which would never do such a thing); and, worst of all, by failing to sufficiently censor political content that contradicts liberal orthodoxies and diverges from decreed liberal Truth. On Tuesday, Haugen’s star turn took her to Washington, where she spent the day testifying before the Senate about Facebook’s dangerous refusal to censor even more content and ban even more users than they already do.

2 Likes

Today I learned:
That “objectivity” and “rigor” are “harmful research practices.”

Also, the AMA isn’t even pretending it isn’t pushing CRT in medicine:

Isn’t it sad that we have now arrived at a point where the disastrous consequences of “equity” focused politics have infected all our institutions to the point you can’t even trust researchers and medical doctors anymore? You literally have to do your own research to find out if these professionals haven’t been poisoned at the well of CRT.

2 Likes

Toomey calls on Biden banking nominee to turn over Marxism thesis from Moscow State

Yes, you read that right. Biden’s latest winner graduated from Moscow State University. She says she wants to “end banking as we know it”!!

However it appears obtaining her Moscow State thesis is problematic. My own thesis is available to anyone for download here on the net. But then I attended an American university so I would not qualify in Biden world for any position north of janitor . . . and likely not even for that. I do not have the requisite communist credentials.

This woman has the sort of credentials Biden loves. Maybe he will ask Putin to release her thesis!

You think I made all that up? I didn’t. Read the story for yourself here.

Haugen is a leftist activist. This whole thing is a set up to give cover to Facebook to crack down on conservatives even more than they are now.

4 Likes

This is fun!!

This morning the WSJ is reporting President Trump sent US troops to Taiwan on a secret training mission and:

They are still there!

I wonder if Red China-buddy Biden even knew. And now that he does for certain know, along with everyone else including the communists, will he pull the troops out quickly as he can?

Stay tuned. This could become interesting very soon! :wink:

I know it’s my white privilege showing but I’d take 1.5 years of all the verbal abuse you could dish out for $137M, or even half that.

McConnell was able to muster eleven Republican votes for cloture. Romney did not vote for cloture.

McConnell is receiving a lot of criticism from the Conservative side, my side, for having helped the Democrats. There is confusion as to why he did it. Here is the theory I’m hearing:

McConnell wants to force the Democrats to use reconciliation to increase the debt ceiling on their own. However, with things coming to a head on the 18th of this month there was not enough time for that to happen. It takes a while to get all the reconciliation ducks lined up. McConnell did not want the Democrats to be able to use time as their excuse.

So McConnell decided to give the opposition all the time they will need, until early in December, to “git 'er done”.

Will this work? I dunno. I don’t even know if the above correctly describes what McConnell was thinking when he capitulated . . . . but only temporarily. We shall find out, I guess, shortly after Thanksgiving.

This was inevitable but still outrageous. For the Democrats, the Wuhan covid is the gift that keeps on giving.

5 Likes

this 3-D chess is beyond my level. Here’s another pundit that claims McConnell did the right thing.

I’m curious what you think about the Virginia Democrats’ request to change the mail-in voting rules at the last minute described in my post above? Are the current voting rules making it too hard to vote?

2 Likes

When you are casting someone else’s ballot, of course requiring someone to attest to the ballot’s integrity makes it too hard… :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Lol!

Is it just me, or might Manchin be the last sane person left in Washington?

McConnell has now formally, and in writing, put Biden on notice that he and his Republicans will not once again bail the Democrats out early in December:

In a sharply worded letter to President Joe Biden Friday, the Kentucky Republican said Democrats had had ample time to extend the debt limit without a Republican lifeline but that he “stepped up” because Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., “lacked the time and leadership skills to manage a straightforward process.”

“I write to inform you that I will not provide such assistance again if your all-Democrat government drifts into another avoidable crisis,” he wrote Biden.

This is consistent with what I posted up thread about McConnell’s thinking . . . . which appears at least semi-reasonable. However, importantly:

If McConnell thinks this manoeuvre will earn him a pass when December rolls around . . . . he is delusional. Has he forgotten the American mainstream media works for the Democrats (or maybe it is the other way around)? The Democrat spin machine will hang Republicans out to dry in December regardless the unfairness. McConnell needs to learn Democrats must be dealt with as you would deal with any other poisonous snake species. Be reasonable or understanding with them . . . . and you are (politically) dead.

Link to backup news item

2 Likes

If you are expected to follow the rules and cannot, clearly it’s the fault of the person who’s expecting you to follow the rules. It’s been the general theme for the past few years.

1 Like

Liberal justice reform, the NYC edition

Defund the wall.

Leave it to Biden and his team to cancel border contracts for ‘environmental reasons’ when we have a 21-year high of illegal crossers,” Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford tweeted. “It is obvious that they do not want to stop illegal immigration.”

3 Likes