The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

You are getting very close to crossing the line…

Well, the NY Times already has crossed that line . . . on numerous occasions!!

1 Like

Michigan State Police first opened its investigation into potential voting machine breaches in February after the Secretary of State’s Office notified it that an unnamed third party was allowed to access vote tabulator components and technology in Roscommon County

I don’t think there’s anything to add, except to point out this is a CNN report, not some obscure right wing rag.

1 Like

Much ado about nothing!

Some right wingers are getting their knickers in a twist over the appointment of Ms. Karine Jean-Pierre as new White House press secretary:

Where have these people been for the last (at least) forty-five years? Heck, Jimmy Carter still hates Israel to this day! He is fast approaching 100 years of age. That’s a lot of hatred for a great many years:

Point is, Democrats detest Israel pretty much across the board. With equal certainty, millions of American Jews could not care less. It’s all old news!

So the appointment of a Jew hater like Jean-Pierre is strictly a non-event, entirely consistent with the Democrat playbook. Nobody cares. Few people even notice.

I mean, let’s be honest: millions of American Jews themselves dislike Israel. For them, liberal ideology eclipses religiosity every time.

This is from the powerline Saturday cartoon post. I think it’s political but to be honest I don’t understand it. Please explain if you can.

You ever step on a regular Lego? That one (or whoever made it) has to be pure evil.

10% for the Big Guy, and millions a year for the “Little Guy” during his dad’s tenure as VP. Also, poor taste in passwords.

email from January 16, 2017, saved as a PDF. At the top were the years 2013, 2014, and 2015. Next to each year was the amount of [Hunter’s] taxable income earned: $833,000+ in 2013, $847,000+ amended to $1,247,000+ in 2014, $2,478,000+ in 2015. “Since you couldn’t have lived on $550,000 a year, you ‘borrowed’ some money from [Rosemont Seneca] in advance of payments.”

2 Likes

Satire roundup

I hear things in CA aren’t great and have been going down hill, but I was surprised at some of the stats they mentioned.

California was lost.
CA has the highest taxes costs cost per square footage, highest gasoline, highest electricity, highest number in poverty. Twenty-one percent of the population lives in poverty. One out of three people in public assistance (across America) live in California. Half the homeless live in California.

5 Likes

This article on Victor David Hanson tells the story about California and sort of why we “native” Californians stay here.

Of coarse we all have our own personal stories. But it’s true, no one would abandon their families regardless of the situation.

Wealth abides in Silicon Valley or Southern California and those folks “care less” about the poor indigenous illegals. Yes mostly powerful Democrats that want California bomb blasted with illegals. More Democrat voters!! Shameful outcomes at best.

But Victor David Hanson think’s that attitudes of the Mexican population here is changing. We see more Republicans in the coming election. So true, I’m watching our candidates in my local election. Names are telling me something new.

Probably still Democratic California. :frowning:

2 Likes

The decay is getting very close to Silicon Valley but unfortunately not close enough since it’s across the bay. The state has gotten huge surpluses from capital gains on sales of Silicon Valley RSUs. Instead of returning money to the people and lowering taxes The Democrats are blowing it on projects like this based on the ridiculous theory that these people live in these camps due to lack of housing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/Oakland-will-get-millions-to-solve-the-inhumane-crisis-at-one-huge-homeless-encampment-Officials-say-its-not-enough/ar-AAX18on

Over the past seven years, Oakland’s Wood Street eqncampment has exploded in size. The encampment spans nearly 25 city blocks with about 300 people living under freeways in tents, RVs and makeshift shelters amid burned-out vehicles, mounds of trash and dirt.

Edit.
“and sort of why we “native” Californians stay here.”

I also often do ask myself that question. I live in Silicon Valley on the peninsula and so far we are insulated from the worst of the problems. With proposition 13 my property taxes are pretty low. I live in a neighborhood of tract houses built in the 1950s but they’re now selling for about $2 million. So the property tax is going to be over $20,000 a year.

I hope that VDH is right that Hispanic and other recent immigrants are wising up. So far there’s been a little sign of it except in the votes on the propositions,

1 Like

US Foreign policy - malice or incompetence?

Today’s essay tries to make sense of this administration’s baffling foreign policy strategy, which seems to offer succor toward our enemies, like Iran and China, while isolating allies in the Gulf and Israel. As Doran explains, this is not borne out of incompetence, but out of a deeply held ideology about the trajectory of America and the West.

Joe Biden, as vice president, strongly endorsed Obama’s view. “Our biggest problem is our allies,” Biden said in October 2014

By 2031, under the terms of this supposedly excellent deal, Iran will have a major, unfettered nuclear weapons program.

the Biden administration believes that soft power is smart and hard power is dumb. It is only by understanding this view that the Iran deal—a bizarre term for something that gives the West nothing and Iran everything it has ever demanded—makes any sense at all.

In the meantime, thanks to the Biden team’s steadfast intention to empower Iran, America’s Gulf allies have become security orphans. They increasingly look for help from China, the great power with the most influence over Tehran. The list of hard power arenas in which China is now a major player is long and growing longer by the day

None of this is likely to change minds in the White House. The progressive foreign policy paradigm is a closed intellectual system, which can never be falsified. It is also a domestic political initiative, which readily attributes any of its failures to the behavior of its adversaries

3 Likes

That says it all. Biden has a very low opinion of himself personally, and with good reason of course. Son of a used car salesman, he was never outstanding or exceptional at anything. Even at Syracuse Law School, certainly not close to being among the top ranked, he was at best a sub-par student. And his undergrad years were spent at the University of Delaware, where he was best known as a dumb football player. QED

Biden thinks his unexceptional life is typical of all Americans. How profoundly in error he is!!

1 Like

Further proof that the ACLU, Amber-style, has shit the proverbial bed.

2 Likes

DeSantis for President!!

The legislation responds to glorifications of far-left ideologies being celebrated by parts of the Democratic Party and in academia. Meanwhile, DeSantis said, those who escape from communist countries never want to go back to them after coming to the U.S.

“There are probably more Marxists on college faculties in the United States than there are in all of Eastern Europe combined,” DeSantis said at a Monday news conference. “They don’t want to go back to communism.”

1 Like

Durham court victory exposes and highlights viciousness of Hillary campaign pushback

2 Likes

AG Garland lie exposed by whistleblowers. He used FBI anti-terrorism tools to target parents who offered criticism

2 Likes

Satire roundup

1 Like

Black Lies Matter, a grifting update.

“We are decolonizing philanthropy” — BLM Board member

The word you’re looking for is “stealing”. Millions given to relatives for nebulous services, private planes, flipping houses to the charity for millions in profit, etc.

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors used charity funds to pay her brother and child’s father [each nearly $1M] cash for various services.

The idea that [the foundation] received millions of dollars and then I hid those dollars in my bank account is absolutely false,” she told AP. “That’s a false narrative”

She’s right - they’re not hidden, they’re gone!

she had purchased homes for herself and members of her family.

3 Likes

Senate races