The 2022 election politics

Musk endorsing Republicans for congress.

very much along these lines

OPPOSITION -n. In politics the party that prevents the Government from running amuck by hamstringing it.

On the other side, you can vote for more of the same.

This was less of a parody tho, ad from the GA race, on race.

1 Like

Backhanded, half assed, endorsement. No mention of issues. May annoy more leftists into voting than persuade anyone to vote for Republicans.

Good ad. Anyone that gets annoyed by it is not going to vote for a Republican anyway.

2 Likes

I think he was pretty clear about the issue in play - gridlock is better than extreme action on either side.

1 Like

The two sides are not equivalent and Republican positions are not extreme. Please list some possible “extreme actions” by the Republican side.

I was being diplomatic, full Republican control isnt even on the table this year. Point being that if anything is going to get done, it needs to be the moderate majority on both sides agreeing on it, not the moderate liberals deferring to the extremist liberals.

I agree with what Musk implies - I really dont care about many of the issues, I just want them resolved by real consensus rather than a small segment of the population unilaterally forcing their will on everyone else.

1 Like

Time to make excuses and drag out the counting.

1 Like

California gives themselves 30 days to “certify” the election. I hope the 11 Republicans out of 53 are not needed to give them the majority.

1 Like

The steal in action

According to [Maricopa County], the county uses Dominion Democracy Suite 5.5B to tabulate votes.

A good live update thread

Updates on races

2 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/americans-take-a-stand-for-decency-as-the-gop-red-wave-turns-to-dust-surprising-all-of-us/ar-AA13Uuxt?cvid=1a40c58b184747a6ac1cae57e101c6d6

Please can we be done with this crap?

I’d argue it’s a testament to Americans’ distaste for indecency.

Correct - it’s a testiment that there apparently is no American distaste for indecency. Americans dont like the indecency being directed at themselves, but clearly have no problem throwing mud at those they’ve deemed deplorable for disagreeing with the desired messaging.

Some don’t take kindly to political candidates who deny election results, or those who say they’ll only accept an election that they win.

Apparently not enough have that opinion. Because recent history shows that only one side refuses to accept election results, tainted or not. Since being inaugurated, no one has blocked Biden from doing anything because “he isnt the real president”, they oppose his agenda because they object to his agenda (regardless of what they think of the election results that put him into office). Verses the prior 4 years, which Democrats spent blatantly ignoring Trump and doing whatever the hell they wanted because “he’s not my president”.

Neither side shows much respect for the other person, but one side still holds some respect for the office regardless of who’s in it. It’s the democrats that have proven to have no hesitation to steamroll anyone who gets in their way, in direct opposition to the principles that have created one of the most stable and long-lasting nations in history.

1 Like

The party who won the presidency always loses big in the 2 year mid terms(but this year Americans weren’t fooled and rejected a red wave). Trump’s MAGOT candidates failed miserably. Let the crying, anger, and excuses begin :rofl:

I forget what thread it was and who it was that responded, but I’m old enough to remember when at least one left leaning person on this board denied that democrats and democrat PACs were spending money on ads supporting election denying GOP candidates in the primaries. That person on here (and most of the democrat media) made those denials when it looked like that strategy would backfire and some of those people who were “dangerous to the republic” and “would bring an end to democracy” would be elected. How could democrat rhetoric about how those folks were dangerous for democracy be taken seriously if they actually helped them get elected?

Well, that strategy turned out to be a winning one as all those bad candidates that democrats helped win their primaries lost last night. And now democrats have no problem owning that winning strategy. I wish I could remember who it was on this board that denied it so I could ask him if he still denies it or somehow figures out a way to backtrack and say he never actually denied it.

How many of such candidates stated “Biden cannot sign laws or issue executive orders because he isnt the real President, so I’m just going to ignore anything he tries to do.”? Because that would be an “election denier”. Opposition to Biden has been opposition to his policy agenda, and assertions that the President (regardless of who it may be) didnt have authority to execute such initiatives. I cant recall a single claim in opposition to a single action that was premised on Biden not being the “real” President.

Conversely, that’s essentially what was done repeatedly during Trump’s term. It’s quite precious how those who spent 4 years screaming “He’s a fraud and isnt my President so screw what he wants to do!” are the ones now tossing around these ‘election denier’ slurs so freely.

The propaganda is unbelievable. I’d be inclined to have a lot of respect for the slickness of this massive misinformation campaign, but that’d require also respecting the virtually identical playbook of the 1930s German Nazis.

2 Likes

There is something deeply wrong with the utter joy and loathing such people denounce these MAGA candidates, who, even specifically according to the exact label used, have prioritized making America great as their agenda. You can disagree with their opinions on how to accomplish this, but how can any true American consider it to be a derrogatory goal that warrants such total character assassinations of anyone supporting it? You eviscerate them as mortal enemies, while at the same time [at best] acknowledging that they’re actually on your side just with different ideas. Or [at worst] your true motives start to shine through when denouncing such goals as dangerous threats to ‘your’ version of democracy.

1 Like

And the crying has begun.

That’s not the issue. the issue is that they were terrible candidates and there were republicans who also want to make america great that weren’t terrible candidates, yet trump didn’t endorse those people or straight up campaigned against them. This is proven by the republicans candidates that didn’t tie their electoral hopes to trump that did way better than the maga candidates. It doesn’t matter how much you want to make america great again if you can’t get people to vote for you.

1 Like