The 2022 election politics

Voting with their feet, the Biden staff edition

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3526673-biden-aides-tapped-out-as-white-house-faces-staff-shake-up/

“Given the complex challenges that the administration is facing, these departures are coming at an inopportune time,” said Democratic strategist

4 Likes

Burge is one of my favorite follows on twitter

1 Like

That will depend on the success of the Democrats vote stealing operation. And that in turn will depend a lot on the winners of the blue wall and swing states governors elections. Also the Secretary of State elections if the states have separate ones. The Democrats are pouring billions of dollars into these elections.

1 Like

A completely different connotation than the Slick Willie administration. :rofl:

Now CNN has picked this up . . . though belatedly.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/politics/joe-biden-economy-inflation-gas-prices/index.html

The message is simple: Things are really rough right now and there’s not much I (or anyone) can do about it.

Which is not a great message for a president or a party – especially less than five months out from the midterm elections.

Not five months until the 2022 elections; and things continue to go downhill.

Just imagine if DeSantis or Trump suddenly became POTUS. There would be a turnaround literally overnight as Americans once again had hope. There is plenty that can be done to cure our troubles. But Biden is completely unwilling to do those necessary things.

3 Likes

It’s literally as easy a riding a bike, just don’t screw things up that were working fine before.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no-deal-to-end-gun-violence-us-republican-lawmaker-says/ar-AAYDx40?li=BBnb7Kz

" No deal to end gun violence, U.S. Republican lawmaker says"

I dont know if I have ever seen a more politically manipulative headline from a supposedly legit major news source…

Of course, it is very important that everyone understand that random acts of violence can simply be legislated away and Republicans are the only thing preventing it from happening…

The Democrat’s brilliantly simple, self-evident solutions to other problems sure have worked out well lately, havent they?

2 Likes

from the article,

Last week, John Cornyn, the lead Republican negotiator in U.S. Senate efforts to craft a bipartisan gun safety bill, walked out of the talks, while the lead Democrat remained optimistic that lawmakers could vote on legislation before leaving for a two-week July 4 recess.

I have not read about that. If so, it could be very good news that the bill could be torpedoed. nothing would kill Republican enthusiasm in the midterms more than passing another bill that targets law-abiding citizens and does nothing about criminals.

1 Like

But from the other side, it being torpedoed makes for a great rally cry to whip up Democrat enthusiasm. Especially when repeatedly characterized as the means of making all our problems go away, if only they could get rid of the objectors who refuse to make a deal.

Left media will do everything they can to whip up some enthusiasm but it’s not working. Every time the voters drive by a gas station it depresses them. See also this in far left CA
https://www.foxla.com/news/california-primary-voter-turnout-near-historic-lows

1 Like

Big one today in Alabama runoff:

Katie Britt vs. Mo Brooks

Hope we learn winner later this evening.

DecisionDeskHQ calls it for Britt.

Interesting that Breitbart is not negative on Britt.

Interestingly, the establishment media has framed Britt as an establishment candidate, but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, she has openly called for change and new blood in the GOP Senate leadership structure, and has championed plans offered by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) that would slash legal immigration levels to the United States. In his statement endorsing her, Trump picked up on this, noting that Britt believes Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell encouraged now failed candidate Mike Durant to run in the first round to try to stop her.

1 Like

It looks like Yesli Vega will run against Spanberger in Virginia 7, Vega was endorsed by Ted Cruz, iirc The district was changed to be better for Republicans. The Democrats are going to spend tens of millions on this race.

I used to be in Virginia 7. I didn’t realize it until this primary when I didn’t get a single piece of mail that I’m now in VA 1.

Have the Republicans learned nothing? Will they ever learn?

There are four good candidates currently vying for the Republican gubernatorial nomination in The State of New York. The primary election will take place this coming Tuesday. Even though it’s New York, the Republican nominee will actually have a chance of defeating (current) Governor Kathy Hochul.

This is not about the four candidates, none of whom is a problem. This is about their debates, last one of which took place yesterday:

Consistently throughout those debates the four candidates fielded questions from mainstream media “journalists”. The questions did NOT AT ALL reflect the priorities or concerns of New York’s Republican voters. They were, instead, questions as woke as are the journalists themselves.

There were no Democrats participating in this series of debates . . . only Republicans. Republicans therefore had full control of debate moderator choice. And still they opted for a bunch of woke liberal media idiots.

This sort of sh** for brains decision making is a key reason I left the Republican party a couple of decades ago. The desire, the need even, of key Republican decision makers to piss off their own constituents is apparently inbred. They are really good at it.

1 Like

More evidence: the “Bipartisan Safer Communities Act.” i.e. gun-grabbing, deprive law abiding citizens of their rights, depress Republican turnout in the midterms bill.

Edit. Another name for this is to “do something Bill” and Republican voters keep rewarding these wishy-washy senators. Katie Britt in Alabama seems like a nice young woman but the chances of her standing up for the constitution are nil.

On federal red flag law funding, perhaps the most controversial provision, the bill makes a big show of demanding protections for “due process rights” and against “infringement of the Constitution.” It demands there be penalties against “abuse of the program.” All of this is unenforceable, as Republicans know. A number of blue states have already passed red flag laws that nullify gun rights on the word of third-party accusations—sometimes, ex parte—and not only demand the accused prove their innocence before having their rights reinstated but allow for property searches without the usual evidentiary standards. Until the Supreme Court undoes these laws, highly unlikely, states will receive funding. But it’s one thing for California or Rhode Island to do so, and it’s another for national Republicans to fund their efforts.

2 Likes

The lawless Democrats are going to defy the Supreme Court.

“Our new laws are going to be looking at restrictions on sensitive locations, changing the permitting process,” Hochul said after the court’s ruling. “We’re going to have training requirements. We’re going to make sure that people who have concealed weapons have specified training. We have a whole lot of ideas.
now it is up to the conservatives on the court to out maneuver Roberts and get the court to take up cases from circuits like the ninth and the second to slap down these transparent attempts to circumvent.

This is one gun restriction I could probably support. The criminals who skip their safety and marksmanship lessons are more likely to shoot themselves, right?

I think the devil is in the details. Here in California the gun grabbing sheriffs would institute “training programs” that no one can pass. Recall the “literacy” tests for voting that the Democrat segregationists used in the south that were impossible for Black people to pass.

Edit. in my California Santa Clara county, one of the sheriff candidates in the general election wants to have concealed carry applicants interviewed by psychologists. The other wants a panel of ex sheriff deputies.

1 Like

Red flag laws also seem like a good idea. Again the devil is in the details. Here are the rules in California

Who can get a gun violence restraining order?

• Family members (spouse, domestic partner, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, and half-siblings) of the person named in the petition;
  • Current or recent household members of the person named in the petition;
  • employers,
  • co-workers, and
  • teachers.

Newsom also signed a companion bill allowing the gun violence restraining orders to last one and five years, although the gun owners could petition to end those restrictions earlier. The bill also allows judges to issue search warrants at the same time as they grant the orders. The warrants can be used immediately if the gun owners are served with the relinquishment orders but fail to turn over the firearms or ammunition.

1 Like