When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

Numbers look inferior to me. Not sure how up to 96% protection against death is better than 95% protection against severe covid.

Article author might put out another gem - Perhaps Sinovac vaccine superior to Pfizer. Why? 80% protection against death vs. 45% protection against symptomatic infection 6 months after 2nd shot. 80 is obviously better than 45!
*numbers aren’t quite accurate

Reminder it can’t hurt to ask the person giving the vaccine to aspirate before injecting to avoid accidental injection into your blood instead of muscle. This is rare but associated with vaccine side effects that are easy to prevent.

2 Likes

Now that is a great name LOL

1 Like

On the unvaccinated and the new full FDA approval

2 Likes

Eat up.

Guests who show valid COVID-19 vaccination card Aug. 30 through Sept. 5 will receive two free doughnuts any time, every day, and one free doughnut daily for rest of year

2 Likes

I guess the theory is that once vaccinated, you dont need to worry about how obesity is a big factor in covid hospitalizations?

5 Likes

this is problem for those providers in a hurry. Takes 2 secs to aspirate . but it happens

2 Likes

So it’s gonna be Democrats and police officers in a confined space … I’m not anticipating a rosy outcome.

Odds on more arrests than lawsuits - 1.4 to 1 … and falling. Check the tote board.

But 5 minutes to explain what it is. The injectors have higher aspirations. :smile:

I finally got to reading that and it was an excellent article. Q&A with a doc on what the evidence says vs where the politicians and agencies are just guessing (boosters, vaccine risk/benefit for healthy kids or covid survivors, etc)

Here’s the doc’s Twitter as well, which is good too

https://twitter.com/buzzhollandermd

I only looked it up hoping that he might be local. If I pick a doc in HI, would travel for office visits be HSA-able? :smile:

1 Like

Bad headlines for Moderna. Bad batch is seems.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/two-die-in-japan-after-shots-from-suspended-moderna-vaccines-japan-govt/ar-AANPPqY

Two people died after receiving Moderna Inc COVID-19 vaccine shots that were among lots later suspended following the discovery of contaminants, Japan’s health ministry said… The men in their 30s died this month within days of receiving their second Moderna doses, the ministry said in a release. Each had a shot from one of three manufacturing lots suspended on Thursday.

Japan halted the use of 1.63 million Moderna doses shipped to 863 vaccination centres nationwide, more than a week after the domestic distributor, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co, received reports of contaminants in some vials.

And for the conspiracy theorists out there…

An investigation by Moderna, Rovi and Takeda Pharmaceutical Co., which is in charge of the vaccine’s distribution in Japan, is ongoing. The foreign material is “a metal that reacts to a magnet” and is believed to have entered the vials during the production process, the Asahi Shimbun quoted an unidentified senior health ministry official as saying.

A friend of mine just got his dr to authorize the booster. He said it sucked worse than dose #2. Two days of fever and chills.

3 Likes

The vaccine is perfectly safe, as the CDC/FDA/FEDS have been saying for around 9 months.

Any negative headlines are obviously instigated by conspiracy nuts or Trump supporters, and the news outlets are gullible morons. :laughing:

“Die from a heart attack a day after a PCR positive - covid death count++
Die from a heart attack a day after a vaccine - total coincidence, no reporting”

2 Likes

Someone who I’ve met has apparently died from Covid. He was in his early 60s.

Two neighbors, each in their 80’s have gotten it. One who is very active, was down for about 2 weeks. The other, not as active, but certainly not a shut-in, ended up in an ambulance for 3 hours, waiting for an ER bed. They then spent about 3 days in the ER awaiting a regular room to become available. They have now been in the hospital for over a week. They will be sent home once their lung function improves to the point where it’s safe to come home with O2.

I don’t mean to make this a tracker for Covid outcomes. The above is mentioned only because some people may think that my doubts regarding the vaccine means that I don’t think the virus is real. I may be on the fringe, but I’m not even close to that far out. :smiley:

1 Like

If you think that’s outrageous, you’re gonna heave a heart attack of your own if you don’t already know the following:

The gist is that in the US around 1/3rd of death investigations is done by medical examiners and 2/3rds by coroners. In much of the country, a coroner is an elected position without any prerequisites (i.e. no medical training required), and many (most?) of them do not have medical training.

1 Like

Unvaccinated and Unmasked Calif. Teacher Spread COVID Delta Variant to Elementary School Students

It’s even more grim than that. I’d say a huge portion there is actually no investigation done at all. As a police officer, I responded to my share of dead bodies. Anything that was obviously a shooting, stabbing, other homicide etc went to the medical examiner’s (ME’s) office. If the body was discovered by the family, or someone died at home around family, and there is no trauma, the vast majority of those were not sent to the ME. If we could get a hold of the person’s doctor and the doctor was willing to sign the death certificate, the ME’s office usually refused the body. Sometimes an assistant ME would come to a scene of a DOA if a homicide detective was worried it could be something other than natural, but usually even that ended in a refusal. And if patrolmen, who received no DOA training beyond what their training officer taught them, said it looked natural, the homicide detective wouldn’t even come out. Essentially, in my locality, if you die in your home, your death is likely going to be classified as whatever people with your particular ailments die from (your family tells us your ailments).

NB: I don’t know how much that has changed since COVID.

3 Likes

Oh come on Meed - tv has tought us that the Feds and Local LEOs are always fighting over who gets to investigate each death. :grin:

1 Like