When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

meanwhile Covid Vaccine for Kids: Really long shot; Parents in Gujarat taking kids abroad for Covid vax-catio | Ahmedabad News - Times of India

1 Like

Is it just me, or does he look like Yogi Berra? If he is half as entertaining, I may have to move to a machine with sound.

Natural immunity isn’t working against OM

deja vu all over again. That’s what we need , our MDs to be more entertaining!

1 Like

Supreme Court to take the mandate cases for large companies and healthcare workers.

2 Likes

Facing serious staffing shortages, some of the largest and most prominent hospital systems in the United States, including HCA Healthcare Inc., Tenet Healthcare Corp., AdventHealth, and Cleveland Clinic have been forced to backpedal on their COVID-19 jab mandates in hopes of retaining crucial employees, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday

Townhall reported that University Hospitals in the Cleveland, Ohio area also recently announced the reversal of its jab mandate for hospital workers.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the major hospital systems have been forced to reevaluate their coercive COVID-19 jab policies after needed healthcare industry employees, especially nurses, chose to quit rather than get the experimental injections.

Edit. here is a link to the Wall Street Journal article although it’s behind a pay wall.

3 Likes

I caught this comment on the national broadcast news tonight, I think regarding healthcare workers - “unvaccinated who are infected have to miss work for at least 10 days, while infected vaccinated workers can return after only 7 days unless there’s a staffing shortage then they can return to work even sooner.”

WTF? If someone can “safely” return in less than 7 days, why the hell would you make anyone wait 7 days? How can anyone say with a straight face that what safety “requires” is dependent on how many people are available to fill your shifts?

2 Likes

Per doc fauci, “That’s science.”

2 Likes

Here’s a Times article on this:

With rising concern over hospital staffing shortages as Omicron cases rapidly spread, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday shortened isolation periods for health care workers who contract Covid-19.

The agency recommended that health care workers who are asymptomatic return to work after seven days and a negative test, adding that “isolation time can be cut further if there are staffing shortages.”

I had misheard the report, and it was about isolation periods prior to being allowed to “test” back in, not those with active infections (or so it sounds). But still, if a person can safely return to work in less than 7 days when there is a staffing shortage, they can safely return in less than 7 days no matter how many replacement workers there may be. And that’s before contemplating the fact the CDC is basing their guidance on something as irrelevant as the available workforce rather than medical science.

rules for thee…

1 Like

Fauci talking up vaccine requirements for domestic flights. Papers please.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/fauci-says-domestic-travel-vaccination-rule-should-be-considered/ar-AASbcTj

“When you make vaccination a requirement, that’s another incentive to get more people vaccinated,” Fauci said. “If you want to do that with domestic flights, I think that’s something that seriously should be considered.”

1 Like

Shouldn’t being vaccinated be a requirement for air travel if it’s effective in stopping spread during such travel? I haven’t seen any specific claims as such, the entire point of making the requirement seems to be to force some people to get vaccinated (or punish them for not), not to make flying “safer”.

How many outbreaks have been attributable to airplanes, anyways? I keep thinking back to March 2020, when the CDC, et al (including I believe Fauci himself) insisted that the planes from Italy that had an infected person on board, the other passengers were at no risk.

“Just received my third Covid vaccine” she tweeted on September 7.

A week later, Heisler started to have complications and cursed the unvaccinated.

About two weeks after her third Covid jab, Karen Croake Heisler passed away.

https://www.survivethenews.com/former-notre-dame-professor-who-said-damn-the-unvaccinated-dies-two-weeks-after-receiving-3rd-covid-shot/

3 Likes

The standard for a covid death is something like “dying within 4 weeks of a positive test”. Imagine how many vaccine deaths they would be reporting if they used the “dies within 4 weeks of getting a covid vaccine” standard for side effects.

2 Likes

Am I suppose to stoop to their level, and laugh at this happening? Or just about the part where her admission for cardiac complications turned into death by cancer (which normally I’d also consider stooping, but I digress)?

“So still waiting to see a doc although they have run tests. Still no room in hospital or in ER bay. PA announcement just said ER could not accept more patients. This is a BIG hospital. Damn the unvaccinated. They have made life hell for a lot of people.”

Yet she was the one who was at the hospital for an entirely self-inflicted (presumable) complication. Yes, if they can label anyone who dies within 4 weeks of testing positive for covid as a covid-related death, I can label sudden heart issues a week following the vaccine as a vaccine-related complication.

2 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/28/health/chicago-childrens-hospital-surge-doctor-vaccines/index.html

But so far, among all the young patients admitted to the hospital recently, only one was fully vaccinated, said Kociolek, a pediatric infectious disease physician. That child had multiple underlying conditions that put them at risk for severe illness, he said.

“I think we’re definitely seeing the impact of vaccines in kids older than 5. The kids that are hospitalized are essentially all unvaccinated,” Kociolek said. He added that many of the infections the hospital is treating are mild or were incidentally caught during the hospital’s screening process in children who were getting admitted for something else.

Talk about burying the lede…

5 Likes

The Nevada Legislative Commission’s 6-6 split decision last week overturned the state’s COVID-19 vaccination mandate for all college students within the state.

Initially approved in August by the Nevada State Board of Health, the emergency provision was set to last only 120-days, according to The Nevada Independent . When the mandate expired last week and was sent to the Legislative Commission for review, the Commission chose not to make it permanent, with all six Republican lawmakers voting against the mandate and all six Democrats for it.

A tie means it does not pass

1 Like

Where CNN (linked a couple posts up) made it an afterthough, this makes it the headline:

And Dr. Anthony Fauci, the chief medical adviser to the White House, described the phenomenon, specifically in children, in a Wednesday night interview with MSNBC.

Since all hospital admissions are tested for COVID-19, Fauci said, many are “hospitalized with COVID, as opposed to because of COVID.” The real reason for hospitalization might be “a broken leg, or appendicitis, or something like that,” he continued.

Other countries have produced data noting the same phenomenon of “incidental” COVID cases. In data published Friday by the UK National Health Service, 33% of the 8,321 COVID-positive cases in England on December 28 were admitted to the hospital for a different reason.

Frankly, I’m a little surprised the public response to this hasnt been to start speculating that covid might cause appendicitis and sudden bone breaks.

Even our “experts” are now looking at the data and then stating “The real reason why…” Yet that data continues to be pushed on us.

2 Likes

Even if some are cases are incidental, the test positivity rates are climbing (from 12% around xmas to 25% now in Los Angeles county, for example) and there are long lines to get tested, meaning lots of people are getting sick. There are way more positive tests than the number of people being admitted to hospitals. A relative who works at a hospital (here in SoCal) says she is triaging more COVID cases than before every shift (and these aren’t incidental) and their ER is swamped. I’m pretty sure this can’t be explained away by “incidental” cases. Not around here anyway.

It seems to me that the opposite is true. The people are getting tested are well but, for example, might want to attend a family get together. Apparently the O is so mild that many people don’t know they have it.

1 Like