When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

I suppose we’d have to find out if the lines were just as long before xmas as they are for new years? If they stay long after this weekend I don’t think get-togethers would explain it.

I disagree. With the increasing favoring of vaccine requirements over negative tests, fewer healthy people need that proof of a negative test to be allowed to do stuff. So they’ve been removed from the testing pool, leaving the testing to those who have reason to think they could be infected. And as it’s been all along, when only testing those who think they’re sick, 75% of them being wrong is pretty dang good.

After nearly two years, I haven’t been able to come up with a more meaningless metric as “percent positive”. If we were doing broad unbiased community testing, like a study testing everyone who walks into the local Walmart regardless of how they feel or who they’ve been in contact with, sure, but we aren’t doing anything remotely close to that.

3 Likes

Dear Leader doesn’t have much luck in the courts with his edicts. Time for a few extra Justices probably.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge-grants-relief-to-navy-seals-who-refused-coronavirus-vaccine-sued-biden-administration/ar-AASoLSm

3 Likes

apparently, Russo did not do it at the school but it’s not clear whether she was the kid’s teacher.

1 Like

if only democrat Justices retired strategically or gasp non-partisan justices

but OM immunity seems to be backwards compatible against delta etc.

2 Likes

This was an excellent interview with a top lawyer on vaccine law and liabilities. It especially focused on what people can do and their legal options if they are subject to mandates at their schools, jobs, etc.

in particular, he highlights how, while vaccine makers and the government are nearly uniformly immune to legal action, private employers are on very shaky ground legally both as a company and individually as the executives for threatening people’s jobs without meaningful religious exceptions, accommodation under the ADA, etc.

There’s a whole lot more and I think there will be lots to keep lawyers employed for years in the wake of the pandemic, especially for actions taken now that it’s clear that vaccines neither prevent infection nor transmission so that the public health angle is much much weaker in comparison to arguments for personal health and individual choice.

Robert Barnes, celebrated attorney in landmark cases representing clients as diverse as Wesley Snipes, Alex Jones and the Covington Catholic students who successfully sued several MSM outlets for public defamation, sits down with Chris to discuss today’s legal battle royale: vaccine mandates.

Barnes addresses the legally shaky ground the mandates are on, as well as the outright unconstitutionality of the argument for enforced compliance. He gives practical advice for you to follow if you are continuing to face mandates for both the initial vaccines and future booster programs.

Here’s the recent Twitter commentary on recent events by the lawyer generally, such as the Supreme Court case right now on mandates.

https://mobile.twitter.com/barnes_law

Better get it now before his account is frozen and his posts erased for speaking against the man.

Who would have thought that the dirty hippie Democrats of the 60’s who protested “the man” with sit-ins and bombs have become the man in this century?

My apologies if this obvious question has been asked before. My memory ain’t what it used to be.

2 Likes

Another case of “follow the money”?

1 Like

I believe almost everyone will either get this disease vaxxed or not. IMO the best metric at this point would be hospitalizations due to Covid (not with).

Got my 6 y.o vaxxed after much debate.

1 Like

Shin, you are right. The title of this thread is too optimistic. The UK health secretary Sajid Javid basically told the doctor you do not know the science and you will take the vaccine whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Anti-vax tax coming in Quebec. Will this notion spread?

Source: I first learned of this via CHML (AM 900 - Hamilton). But the below link is to CNN. Many outlets have picked this up quickly.

Quebec to impose a ‘significant’ fine on unvaccinated residents

This is among the first. I’m betting this will not be the last.

1 Like

At least until the frogs rise up. :rofl:

I was surprised to learn recently that at least one nation in Europe is fining folks over 60 monthly if unvaxed.

Way over $60 monthly. Other European countries are watching closely.

saying it will apply to people 14 and over and holdouts face fines of up to £3,000 every three months.

Suddenly, it’s okay to NOT quarantine if your infected. Yeah, science is flexible when it comes to facts.

1 Like

…but only until Feb 1. :thinking:

2 Likes

Supreme Court strikes down Biden vaccine mandates, allows them for healthcare workers only under some circumstances.

In response to the court’s decision, a large group of protestors has gathered outside of the Supreme Court building. “Give us petty tyranny or give us death! Abolish the Supreme Court!”

The full court opinion is listed below at the end of the article.

3 Likes

I do think they missed the mark in their opinion.

The law permits the agency to set an emergency rule when a “grave danger” exists that could expose workers to "substances or agents determined to be toxic or physically harmful or from new hazards.

The problem is that a vast majority of those covered by OSHA regs do not face “grave danger” from covid.

1 Like

Despite nixing the mandate for large companies, the Supreme Court did uphold the Biden administration’s vaccine requirements for healthcare workers who receive federal Medicare or Medicaid funding. As the Associated Press reports, the mandate will still allow for medical and religious exemptions.

Great. It is hard enough to find places that accept Medicare already. Now those places will be short personnel.

2 Likes