When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

But how many of Hunter’s art purchasers rely on Medicare? So, why would the big guy care? He’s still getting his 10%. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The rare inflammatory systemic reaction in kids post covid seems to be greatly reduced by vaccination, both in terms of frequency and severity.

Estimated effectiveness of 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against MIS-C was 91% (95% CI = 78%–97%). Among critically ill MIS-C case-patients requiring life support, all were unvaccinated.

3 Likes

I wonder how the prevalence of this side effect compares with a prevalence of myocarditis side effects from the vaccine in young men?

1 Like

It looks like Pfizer and Moderna are going to have to spread some more bucks to the Washington politicians. Japan recently had an election and it looks like the new government is more conservative than the old one.

First, Japan’s health ministry acknowledged the growing rate of heart inflammation among the vaccinated population. Then Japan’s public and private sectors were alerted to the fact and forbidden to discriminate against those who refuse the COVID vaccine. Furthermore, Japan has made it clear that “informed consent” is required to receive the vaccine. Japan now insists the vaccine labels warn of dangerous potential side effects such as myocarditis.

2 Likes

it’s much much rarer - 1 in 100k kids, give or take. There have been 8.5M known children covid cases in the US and only 6k cases of MISC per the CDC. Of course there are lots more actual cases than the confirmed ones, so it’s even rarer than that almost certainly,

Myocarditis is something like 1 in 5000, give or take, depending on whose numbers you use, and the risk increases with the number of shots. However, MISC is primarily (more than half cases) in kids 5-11, not so much in the older ones, and the myocarditis appears to be in the older teens and not so much in the younger kids.

So if you want a reason to vaccinate your younger children, avoiding this rare MISC is a reason to do so, while if you’re looking for a reason to avoid vaccinating your teen or young 20s adult guy, myocarditis is more relevant there.

2 Likes

The younger kids have also had much less time, and a much lower vaccination rate, to establish risk.

Sure, but it shows up pretty fast, usually within a week or so. There’s something like 4-5M kids under 12 vaccinated by now, and VAERS only had 11 cases of myocarditis as of EOY.

Of course they tell you to use VAERS when it shows low vax risks but you’re a conspiracy theorist if you use it to show high vax risks (in adults) so take it for what it’s worth. At 11/5M, that’s 1 in 500k, so even if you assume a 50x underreporting rate (some high end ballpark multiple the “conspiracy theorists” like to use for the adults), it would be 1 in 10k which is still a bit lower risk than the 1 in 5-10k that teens are seeing. So it’s pretty clearly somewhat lower risk, and probably a fair bit lower.

1 Like

I’m more wondering how many kids age 5-11 get exams that can detect myocarditis? And how many such kids do you trust to recognize and accurately describe the symptoms they may be having? I know with my 4 nieces and nephews in that age group, you’re lucky to get anything more descriptive than “I don’t feel good right now”.

Point being, I can see it taking a while for this side effect risk to be established with younger kids, simply because it’s harder to diagnose in that age group.

2 Likes

This news (or at least parts of it) is brought to you by the depths of the looney bin.

Tsk tsk for ad hominem argument.

from the Japanese “ministry of health labor welfare” website.

Although we encourage all citizens to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, it is not compulsory or mandatory. Vaccination will be given only with the consent of the person to be vaccinated after the information provided. Please get vaccinated of your own decision, understanding both the effectiveness in preventing infectious diseases and the risk of side effects. No vaccination will be given without consent. Please do not force anyone in your workplace or those who around you to be vaccinated, and do not discriminate against those who have not been vaccinated.

Myocarditis and Pericarditis after mRNA vaccine

Although extremely rare, mild cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported after vaccination. If you experience symptoms such as chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, or swelling within a few days after vaccination, please visit a medical institution immediately.

This is more common after the second vaccination than the first vaccination, and tends to be more common among younger people, especially men in their teens and 20’s. These symptoms have been reported more frequently in those who had received the Takeda/Moderna vaccine than the Pfizer vaccine in male adolescents and young adults. So, if you are a male in your teens or 20’s and have already reserved a Takeda/Moderna vaccine shot, you can still cancel and rebook a Pfizer vaccine.

1 Like

I was referring to the other sources that website mentioned and quoted that weren’t the Japanese ministry.

Just placed my order for four free COVID test kits. It went very smoothly. There was not an option to order fewer than four kits.

Sure hope those test kits are not damaged by freezing weather.

1 Like

Can you post the link?

https://special.usps.com/testkits

4 Likes

Thanks! Interesting the orders are being taken and fulfilled by the post office.

2 Likes

Guys I messed up. Do NOT make my mistake. I dearly wish now that I could cancel my order for the four test kits.

Question: Does Biden have access to the internet?

If he did he would have found this incredibly important article for people like myself who are currently experiencing winter conditions:

Test kits need warmth to survive

I should have waited and ordered my kits in the spring. As it is I am highly likely to end up with nothing, since the test results from a cold-exposed kit are unreliable.

Damn sometimes I really piss myself off.

Note 2 degrees Centigrade is almost 36 degrees Fahrenheit. Not gonna be experiencing that kind of warmth around here for quite a while.

They only say they’ll start shipping at the end of January. Not that they’ll ship yours. Plenty of people in areas the can ship to during the winter. I still think you were right to get in line, for whenever they do start shipping in your area.

2 Likes

aspiration might be a factor.

Now that C19 has made the rounds in our house, I’m debating whether to get my 6 y.o girl a 2nd shot.

1 Like

A journal published and then unpublished, with no explanation or notice, this article on vaccine heart risks.

After two weeks, on Oct. 15, the paper disappeared from the Elsevier website, replaced by a notice of “Temporary Removal.” Not only weren’t the authors told why, they weren’t informed at all, according to Rose. “It’s unprecedented in the eyes of all of my colleagues,” she said.

When they brought up the issue with the journal, they were first told the paper was pulled because it wasn’t “invited,” Rose said… The journal then turned to its terms of use, saying it has the right to refuse any paper for any reason. It’s still not clear why the paper was pulled.

“I do apologise, but Elsevier cannot comment on this enquiry,” said Jonathan Davis, the journal’s communications officer

Any Science that makes vaccines look bad isn’t Science Worth Publishing.

2 Likes

Another article on this cheap, easily produced vaccine the US government wants nothing to do with.

Interestingly, the group at Baylor was not able to drum up interest or funding in the U.S. for their vaccine. Instead, newer technologies such as mRNA vaccines raced ahead, even though Bottazzi and Hotez’s vaccine design was more advanced,

As I read this, I conclude that’s just another reason to be skeptical of the vaccines that are being (rather forcefully) pushed on us. Why would you thumb your nose at an option that could’ve been ready sooner, production scaled quicker, and at a fraction of the cost? And that used a well-known methodology everyone is well familiar with, instead of newfangled technologies that manipulate your body rather than simply prompt a reaction?

I understand Warp Speed and not wanting to put all our eggs in one basket, but our “experts” outright rejecting this was clearly based on something other than it’s merits. It may have been a close second, but their top priority was something other than a safe and effective vaccine.

2 Likes