When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

As always, follow the money.

I do not blame Trump for these shenanigans. We all knew he was, and he remains, NOT a medical guy.

But I’ll bet the stock ownership positions of people like Fauci, upon whom Trump was forced to rely 100% early on when the chips were down, have something to do with the decisions such people made.

Later? Same thing. Public health was not their sole consideration. Neither was minimizing cost. Lining their own pockets was also important in their thinking.

1 Like

Even giving them the benefit of the doubt that it wasnt about directly lining their own pockets (hey, it’s possible :wink: ), they were still fixated on pimping the newest and most advanced technologies instead of just working the problem.

Kind of like in the middle of a blizzard, suddenly deciding to buy some newfangled infrared snow melting technology to try to clear the roads, instead of just plowing the damn roads with the equipment you already have.

One primary selling point of using the MRNA technology was that it’s versitility was the main reason we could get a vaccine so quickly. But according to reports like this one, apparently that claim wasnt particularly accurate, either.

1 Like

Warp Speed didn’t fund Pfizer, and it funded a few others besides Moderna. Those two were the only “newest and most advanced”. The rest, like J&J, AstraZeneca, and Novavax, used older tech.

mRNA won because it was the most effective at the time.

1 Like

this has been the worst part of the politicisation of vax. Can’t get accurate info, still debating whether I should get my 6 y.o her 2nd shot , even though we’ve all been exposed to OMNI at home

1 Like

JNJ and AZN have deep pockets too though. Surprised they did so poorly in outcomes and uptake.

Novavax had me at their combo flu product+ traditional protein antigen, but too late to market this year. Hopefully they figure it out by 2022 flu season

Not the best source in the world, but I think it’s accurate

Pfizer head of vaccine research and development Dr. Kathrin Jansen initially said Pfizer was not a participant in Operation Warp Speed because it did not accept taxpayer funds for research and development, but Pfizer released a statement saying her comments had been “taken out of context” and confirmed that Pfizer was a part of the Warp Speed program.

5 Likes

It placed a conditional pre-order, but It didn’t direct-fund Pfizer R&D like it funded the others I mentioned.

1 Like

So it indirectly funded?

If this law passes, in six years you will get no voice on whether she gets vaccinated.

2 Likes

OSHA / Biden giving up on those private mandates

U.S. OSHA SAYS IT IS WITHDRAWING ITS VACCINATION AND TESTING EMERGENCY TEMPORARY STANDARD

3 Likes

The irony is getting really thick.

The fundraiser said that his resistance to the vaccine also has to do with his fears of heart inflammation, which health officials have said in rare cases have been associated with the shots.

“But in DJs case he can NOT afford for his heart to swell any more than it already is right now. He is at extremely high risk of sudden death if it does,” the page said.

“We have had many conversations with the doctors, who confirmed that his heart COULD swell and go into severe crisis but they can’t guarantee anything

Isn’t it a fundamental premise of medicine to “do no harm”? It sounds like someone messed up their priorities regarding what might happen.

Won’t his covid response be suppressed by the post-transplant immunosuppressants anyways?

5 Likes

They’re only giving up on the “emergency” part. The rule now has to go through the vetting process, and probably take a year or two to get finalized or dropped. By then, 'ol Doc Fauci, the CDC, the FDA, and all of the other uncle Joe helpers will be proudly shouting that the Wuhan flu is perfectly safe and effective.

Study finds PFE two doses reduces long covid symptoms by about 60%

2 Likes

Going along with long covid, this study suggests asthma and allergies are risk factors for it.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-27797-1

1 Like

Although my only evidence of having covid prior to now was an antibody test last year, I am now officially boosted. Apparently, the only way that my vaccinated wife could get rid of covid was to give it to me.

This one is much worse than whenever I had it before. It’s like one of the harsher flu strains. I’ll stay off the elliptical for a while.

On the bright side, my wife is up to about 80% recovered on energy level and only has a once-an-hour slight cough. Thus, she is fully capable of walking the dogs. :smile:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re under the weather. Hope you are soon back to 100%!

Thank you. Fortunately, it’s hasn’t (yet) hit me as hard as my wife. The cough reminds me that I smoked for 40 years … and that I have muscles somewhere in my gut that I never use except to cough. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I feel ya. Before I got some flu in November I didn’t know you could pull rib muscles by coughing. Felt like a knife with each cough (I even thought I broke a rib). I caught something milder again a few weeks ago (must be flu cause COVID tests were negative) and that rib muscle hasn’t fully recovered yet.

3 Likes

Earlier on, did you get a flu shot? Because I’m believing that the omicron is a different stronger version of the flu. But as I recall you had a dislike for getting the “jab”.

But I’m very happy that the two of you are on the mend. A sick household is “as bad as it gets”. Hard as you try to feel sorry for your mate, you want sympathy :mending_heart: yourself.

Watching dogs :dog2: has got to be your chore.
Also adding a helping hand in the kitchen, no no better yet, stay out of the kitchen. 80% wife is better off handling the kitchen situation. :blush:

1 Like

I got the flu shot in September. And I got a cold or flu three times since then. The flu shot was no good to me this season. I never even got the shot in the past and rarely got sick (never 3 times in a season), but my little disease vector is in daycare and I get it from him every time.

2 Likes