When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

You bet!

Having that little hombre in the home will bring all the germs (good & bad) into the house. Get used to it…

Luckily for us, we have become hermits. Had all three shots plus flu shot. So what ever will be…

Yesterday we had to go into the County Ag office to renew permits. Masking up with N95. Doing the best we can to avoid ailments… :blush:

3 Likes

All this isolation hurt your previously robust immune system…

Since school resumed in September, we’ve slowly returned to our normal status of there almost always being someone in the household feeling under the weather on any given day. No covid, and only a couple days of school missed, but it’s really really odd to consider this severely dangerous and deadly pandemic to have been our family’s healthiest time period ever…

1 Like

Sounds like a regular school schedule. Kids starting back in September. In your area is masking required?

I believe schools here are on a flex schedule. I noticed an elementary school just beginning this week. No masking.

Imagine a California school (my area) not enforcing masking. I mentioned once that Republicans usually win in this district. Pretty Neat!

1 Like

This story is rather silly propaganda, that more than anything highlights the arrogance and self-entitlement of certain people.

Starbucks Workers United, the union representing the two Buffalo-area stores, expressed their disappointment in the company’s reversal on vaccine mandates, which the group says was made without their feedback.

However, a few workers encouraged protesters to find more productive ways to back the coffee chain’s employees

Support them, like maybe reminding them that they are still more than welcome to get vaccinated? The lack of a mandate doesn’t equate to a ban…

Its up to customers on whether they choose to boycott, but if you’re looking for some tangible ways to help your baristas…complain to corporate, and cheer on the folks fighting for a voice in the company,” Clay added.

I’m sorry, but they already have a voice. They’re the ones expecting to use that voice to silence others, leaving those who disagree with no voice. I’m not sure what the right word is to describe someone who feels entitled to a voice that permits them to not only silence, but completely eradicate other voices.

Its like there is a large tranche of people who are simply too afraid to take responsibility for their own decisions. They want to be “forced” to get vaccinated, so that they can be absolved of responsibility should they, for whatever reason, eventually end up regretting it. And ensure that everyone ends up with the [potential] regret, rather than only those who made the same choice.

1 Like

still Debating whether to get boosters post all of us getting Omicron

Part of me just wants to wait for the “universal” shot, traditional Novavax medpagetoday.com/publichealthpolicy/healthpolicy/96908 being approved here

CDC large scale data report shows… natural immunity works great! That is, at least during Delta, risks are very low among covid survivors and basically the same whether or not they also had a vaccine.

A picture is worth 1000 words and here’s the punchline at the end of their long exposition. The top line is unvaxxed relative risk, the next highest is vaxxed no prior exposure (much lower but higher than the others), and the lowest two lines and basically identical are covid survivors with or without a vaccine.

2 Likes

so booster is not needed after infection… infection is natural booster? how about 2nd dose ?

meanwhile some have figured out to become millionaries w/ “real fake” C19 vax cards. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/29/long-island-nurses-charged-with-faking-covid-jabs-to-earn-more-than-1point5-million.html

2 Likes

We don’t know, because discussing it is considered to be spreading disinformation.

3 Likes

I hear ya. I’m not anti-vax, but this no dissent is a disservice, actually helps their cause.

even Comedians what exactly did Rogen say? about vax?

He took ivermectin, the human kind from his doc’s prescription, and a bunch of other non-FDA-approved-for-covid generics that seemed promising when he got covid and got better quickly. He talked to a bunch of people Fauci & Co. have been trying to deplatform like the FLCCC doctors on early treatment with generics and similar “misinformation” that might be hazardous to Pharma profits and the “Vaccines Über Alles” policy front.

In other words, he listens to guys on other side of the vax debate, or at least that early treatment is important and should be done (and isn’t since the early interventions until just recently weren’t profitable). And these aren’t the nut cases for the other side - these are top medical doctors with decades of relevant experience.

4 Likes

yes the pro-vax people have poopoo’ed treatments for a while. The anti vaxxers poopoo’ed mRNA. It’s not either or, why not all of the above??

any episodes on vax specifically?

Well, the data was from Delta, so if you were worried about Delta and had been infected before, I would say the evidence suggests you don’t need any more boosters, etc.

Yes, infection is a much broader spectrum natural booster in general, hopefully you just don’t suffer too much to get it, which is the point of the vaccines.

For O, I think the bets are off since Delta based immunity, like vaccine based immunity, doesn’t work very well at all against O infection (it does work pretty well against worse outcomes from O). It’s just too different, both from Delta and from the original Wuhan Classic based vaccines we’re still using for some unknown reason.

It looks like two vaccines is not enough to matter much, if at all, against O infection, while a booster as well is enough to help get a reasonable amount 70-80% protection, at least for a little while. Depending on what your risk assessment is for the booster vs O, you might get or pass on a booster. Symptomatic O is often not too bad for vaxxed, but then again so were nearly all the cases of covid. But if you think you might be someone who’s overweight, unhealthy otherwise, etc, by all means get the booster. Or if you think the risk of the booster is quite low and your covid risk is low but not zero, probably it’s still worth getting a booster to have a less bad time of O if/when you get exposed.

3 Likes

Following up, the MSM put out a bunch of lies about Rogan regarding covid and what he said. For example, CNN said he took the horse dewormer when they knew he took the human ivermectin and refused to concede this until he threatened to sue them. One of the benefits of signing a $100M contract is you don’t have to put up with lies like CNN does, or at least you can get paid when they do it.

Here was another hit job where a bunch of primarily non-doctors pretending to be medical experts said they didn’t like him.

The MSM are really pissed they can’t deplatform him, but when you’ve got a bigger audience than most of these “news” channels, you don’t have to care what they think. If Spotify wants to drop him after paying him $100M, it’s not like he’ll have any problem going back to running the show as his own business.

2 Likes

If you want the other perspective on display, Ron Johnson has done a good job assembling various (IMO mostly reasonable) experts to talk on vaccine risks and early treatment. This is a 5 hour committee video, so I haven’t watched it but I watched his last one with people testifying about vaccine injuries and side effects and it definitely gave me pause for weighing the trade offs between vaccine benefits and possible side effects.

What is clear is the MSM only wants you to know one side of the story and how much they’re hiding on the other side is hard to know if they refuse to collect data or report it.

3 Likes

meanwhile in Canada the truckers’ convoy arrived in Ottawa. I recall reading that the convoy was 50 miles long.

https://news.yahoo.com/freedom-convoy-truckers-cause-chaos-184816265.html

Trudeau is in hiding. At least some of these are true :wink:

https://twitter.com/Mik311/status/1487796202921996290?t=IJWNWOmNnV2WXu_PbNXjVA&s=09

2 Likes

This is the wrong hill to die on for those of us against vaccine mandates. There are TONS of restrictions on folks that get transplants. Fat people can be excluded. Smokers can be excluded. It makes perfect sense to exclude someone from a list of VERY finite hearts that refuses to get a vaccine that by all accounts could be the difference between them living through covid or not, considering their weakened state after a heart transplant. Think of what a waste it would be to give a lung transplant to someone that refuses to stop smoking. It’s not that much different than giving a heart transplant to someone that refuses a safe vaccine that for a virus that could easily kill them considering their comorbidities. That lung should go to someone taking better care of themself, and so should the heart.

It also doesn’t make sense. It’s one thing for a healthy individual to reject a vaccine. They are currently healthy and if they catch covid, they’ll probably survive. This guy isn’t healthy. As an unvaccinated heart disease patient, if he catches covid right now, he has a significant chance of death (like dozens of times more than us). If he gets the vaccine, he has a slightly increased chance of death if he doesn’t get covid (like really slight - and he’s already in the hospital to handle the negative reaction) and a significantly decreased chance of dying of covid. If he doesn’t catch covid, but doesn’t get a heart transplant, he has a 100% chance of death. The sympathetic article from the post, before outlining the reasoning you quoted for refusing the vaccine, actually gives the real reason:

“It’s kind of against his basic principles, he doesn’t believe in it.”

The inflammation argument is there to support his unbelief, not the other way around.

The story is also a little bit misleading. He wasn’t removed from the list because he was never placed on the list in the first place, according to his gofundme.

3 Likes

Thanks @xerty ! I was planning to find that online soon.

I also wanted to share some coverage from a Christian TV network. They have been talking about this for most of the last 2 years. I did not post this previously as I know some people are allergic to religion. However, I think some may find this useful. Some of the same doctors have appeared on Daystar numerous times.

NOTE: I do not agree 100% with their positions. I have found at least one incident of misinformation - I am not sure if it was ignorance at the time or willful.

1 Like

Speaking of mandates and those Canadians

1 Like

I admit that I do agree with the principle, to an extent. I have no intention of dying on this hill.

The irony is that the medical standard of “do no harm” is requiring him to get a shot that might in fact do him harm now, in deferral to a bunch of “ifs” that he may or may not face at some point later down the road. That, and the fact the anti-rejection medications are going to surpress his immune system and leave him highly vulnerable to covid whether he’s been vaccinated or not.

1 Like