When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

USA is going down the tubes fast. DO NOT inoculate any prisoners!!! Why do they rate a vaccine first. They are the dregs of society to be released to cause major mayhem for the reasons they are incarcerated in the first place. What progressive shitheads run the asylum. Keep voting for democrats and we will be a turd world country again.

1 Like

Oh no scientific reason except for the pandering of politicians to the lowlifes and indigent who will vote for them to keep getting everything for free. Damn the rest of us. Look at NYC where I retired 18 months ago from NYPD. I worked in the 13th pct that covers that area. Know it like the back of my hand. Very wealthy, (read white)upper class condos and apts and top notch cars parked in garages, where savages run into to destroy the mirrors/windshields etc. never reported but I had to make out numerous reports. But not a priority in the progressive leadership. Did you see the bike savages attacking that car in that neighborhoods of Manhattan on Tues? Because of politicians these savages will NOT GET ANY reprimand. They will be released due to being under age,poor, uneducated ā€œchildrenā€. And due to the bail reforms passed by the progressiveā€™s in NYS they will be out on the street in 1 hour to cause more mayhem. They go into these rich area and ride the bikes on the sidewalks, rip of phones from millennials who think its safe and knock old folks over with the bikes. Goes on everywhere in NYC since the DeBlasio and Cuomo adminstrations. We have a hands off policy of bothering black thugs due to the mayor and phony governor. I retired and can tell you the NYPD is down over 5500 active officers currently and 50% are quitting/retiring in 6 months. DeBlasio cancelled 2 police academy classes to pander to BLM and no classes scheduled. Nobody to replace these retiring officers except for a class of 500 (usually classes of 2k) graduating in March. Anyway you have to be crazy to join the NYPD. Oh I moved upstae NY 15 years ago because my area of lower Manhattan turned to shit.

5 Likes

Because:

1. They live in close quarters and are more susceptible to spreading the virus (not just amongst themselves, but also to everyone guarding them).
  2. Most of them werenā€™t sentenced to death.
  3. They are the responsibility of the state or federal government.

Your outrage is based in emotion, probably based on your own life experience. That doesnā€™t make you right, and it certainly does not make you righteous.

On the other hand you can think of them as sort-of guinea pigs and thank them for their sacrifice? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

So you would place prisoners on the same level with older folks in nursing homes? Not me!

There are older folks 70+ that are fine on their own. They are being placed for covid vaccination after the confined prisoners. A disgrace in my opinion.

ā€œThe stateā€ is not directly responsible for folks in nursing homes.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™d place them on the same level, Iā€™m not a philosopher or a sociologist (not a real one anyway).

My point is that itā€™s not an easy question to answer, which is why thereā€™s lots of opinions and why different states are doing different things.

1 Like

Article on how around 1/3 give or take of healthcare workers offered the vaccine are not (yet?) willing to take it for a variety of reasons (safety concerns, politics, not too worried about covid, etc).

Backup link

Personally I think most of these people are confused and making a bad choice, with the most sympathy for the pregnant lady who is right there is very little data on specifically vaccine safety in pregnant women (you couldnā€™t be pregnant for the trials, but some became so in the process and AFAIK had no particular issues, but sample size was indeed small).

The practical consequence of this is you should be in touch with your local hospital if youā€™re itching to get a vaccine. They may well have more supply than they have willing priority people and especially if youā€™re older, they may well give you one. I know someone older who got an email from their local hospital and replied promptly and got an appointment for next week.

3 Likes

shame that vaccines are being stockpiled b/c of distribution issues. Hope they figure out soon

Cross post from the main covid thread, but a doc was saying getting a good nights sleep before a vaccine was generally shown to lead to better immune responses. Of course getting enough sleep is good for your health generally.

5 Likes

Problem I see!

When will the remaining folks for vaccine get notice? Should a list be posted in our various cities for vaccination dates.

Seems we will just sit & wait. Read the daily city newspaper. :worried:

Good advice, one of the mechanisms that melatonin is shown to be effective against covid

Maybe your local nursing home needs a donation?

https://archive.is/4hNLL

HHS saying states can accelerate the vaccine rollout by giving vaccines to the broader population, sending them to pharmacies.

I saw my state is doing this for 70 or older. Are some states doing it for younger folks too? Just curiousā€¦

NYC only got about half their healthcare workers to take it and are moving on to teachers, cops, and >75. Doesnā€™t sound like theyā€™re doing great, but are getting their act together slowly.

2 Likes

Wow! Iā€™m shocked that they arenā€™t forcing it on healthcare workers under penalty of being shipped to an dĢ¶eĢ¶aĢ¶tĢ¶hĢ¶ Ģ¶cĢ¶aĢ¶mĢ¶pĢ¶ old folks home.

Got my 2nd PFE dose today. Might take some pain meds tonight given what Iā€™ve been reading with others symptoms

5 Likes

Read less about others symptoms? :slight_smile: I saw side effects in the placebo arm for these trials were pretty high too.

5 Likes

What part of the country do you reside? I think you are the first taker around here. :relaxed:

1 Like

Definitely had an immune response today (fatigue, chills etc). Hope tomorrow is better. 1st dose was a cakewalk.

3 Likes

Aā€¦[quote=ā€œpattyb53, post:119, topic:3970, full:trueā€]

What part of the country do you reside? I think you are the first taker around here. :relaxed:
[/quote]

AZ