The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

I’m talking about your clear statement of Putin’s position. Was so blown away I didn’t get to the bully portion of your comment.

But that IS his position, is it not?

No question. And you stated it so clearly!

I didn’t think this was news for anyone, but glad I could provide some clarity on the situation.

Russia also “confiscated” Crimea and funded / supported the separatists in eastern Ukraine in 2014 in response to the “Maidan Revolution”, which itself began when the president of Ukraine (a pro-Russian stooge, apparently) refused to sign an EU agreement that was very popular with the people, but not with Putin, obviously.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

My personal concerns over this Ukraine fiasco are two:

First, matters in Ukraine are fallout of self-evident Biden weakness. Now that is only my opinion. Biden might turn out not to be weak. But it does not matter. Biden is unquestionably perceived to be weak by our adversaries. Ukraine would not be happening were Trump still in office.

Second, and my largest concern, is Taiwan. Chiang Kai-shek had it right. Xi has it wrong. Taiwan is much more important to America, in my view, than is Ukraine. Especially now.

Given the way Biden is changing the military’s focus to social justice and away from fighting competency, I’m concerned about the ability of our 7th fleet to defend Taiwan. And that is to say nothing of what quite possibly could turn out to be weak commitment by Biden to that defense in the first place.

If Biden performs poorly on Ukraine, Taiwan could be the next domino to fall. And don’t even get me started on Korea.

1 Like

I tend to agree, because he’d listen to his handler Vlad and tell NATO to drop it. :smile:

IMO eastern Ukraine is doomed. The separatist regions are going to pull a Crimea by declaring independence, conducting a phony referendum, and voting with a 98% majority to join Russia. Or maybe they’ll stay independent and join the CIS, just to create a wider border for Russia. Russia might want a few more eastern regions for itself. I doubt they want the west, since, unlike the east, the west has too few ethnic Russians, and the ethnic Ukrainians tend to hate everyone who isn’t Ukrainian.

Taiwan is also on the verge of doom in the long term. Their only way to survive as an independent state is to make it extremely expensive for China to conquer militarily. But China’s economic might is growing faster than anyone else’s, which also funds their military ambitions.

I agree with this, up to the part where you’re saying it’s absurd for him to think this way. We had a close nuclear crisis over enemy nuclear missiles getting put on our doorstep in Cuba. Were we such bullies that we didn’t allow an independent country to have whatever defenses or defense alliances it wanted, despite being less than 100 miles from the US and only one hour from DC by ballistic missile?

My admittedly incomplete understanding of the tactical geography is that without Ukraine as a buffer space, there would be pretty much nothing in the way of strategically defensible features to stop our NATO tanks based in Ukraine from driving 300 miles straight to Moscow. NATO has been expanding and expanding eastward, so it’s not like there isn’t precedent to think we are trying to turn all the counties in Eastern Europe against Russia and into our / the EU sphere of economic influence.

If the Cold War is over, why do we keep pushing a military alliance against them (NATO) rather than just free trade agreements or the like? Sure Russia has nukes, but at some point they would much rather have a secure country defensible by conventional means against an aggressive and economically much stronger alliance.

Taiwan should be similarly worried - if you read my post above, one guy was saying China can blockade them with their high tech missiles and shoot any supply ships (including our navy) that might want to assist. If that happens, are we going to start WW3 with China over Taiwan? I don’t think so, and with Biden so weak on foreign policy and unpopular at home, I’d be very worried Xi is going to take what he wants. If there’s anyone who needs nukes right now, it’s Taiwan. It would be a credible deterrent for them to defend themselves against Chinese invasion; for us to defend them against conventional means, not so much.

Well, American missiles in Turkey precipitated USSR’s in-kind response in Cuba. But you are not wrong. So bullies all around – US, Russia, China. The little guys (Cuba, Ukraine, Taiwan, HK) get bullied.

The “absurd” part is not his position, really, but the BS propaganda that Russia spreads to justify its actions (look at that, I took it back to where I started).

The headline states no facts. It insteads pushes a subjective narrative, not reporting on the situation but telling us what we’re supposed to think of the situation. It’s through-and-through propaganda. American propaganda, but propaganda none-the-less.

This is a thought provoking point. Consider:

Biden’s principal threat against Russia, should they invade, is further devastating economic consequence. OK. That’s valid.

But now move over to China, an economic powerhouse in its own right. China ain’t Russia. They threaten Taiwan and economic threats will be much less, well . . . . . threatening . . . . than is the case with Russia. In fact, China might just threaten us back!!

What if China stopped sending all the goodies we take for granted but no longer produce domestically? What if they envelop Taiwan and then turn around and sever our access to all the silicon chips (integrated circuits) that are manufactured there?

We would be in a world of economic hurt. And I didn’t even mention medicines and the components thereof.

1 Like

Ukraine is Biden’s bright shiny object

Look here, at Ukraine; don’t look over there! This is typical Biden far left wing misdirection BS. So what is His Majesty doing “over there”? It’s not good, folks:

Biden has stuck a dagger into our crucial CBP operations

The guy Biden has chosen to head that agency is a former Tucson (read ultra liberal) police chief who for years has been at odds with our heroic Border Patrol officers. Why? Biden is doing everything he can to hobble and castrate any efforts to seal off our southern border. And it’s working!

I don’t expect you to read the long article I’m about to link below. It’s from the AP so it exudes an extremely far left viewpoint. I did read this. Even though they try hard, the AP writers are unable to conceal the desperate situation on the border and Biden’s obvious efforts to allow, and even encourage, entry of more and more illegals and drugs into our country. And so many of the illegals he simply releases into our midst to do as they wish. He knows they never will be expelled.

And with the Ukraine situation distracting everyone’s attention, Biden is succeeding very well in accomplishing his despicable goals.

Don’t click this. Focus on Ukraine instead!!

1 Like

Ukraine - sounds like it could be this weekend, or at least Putin is making a very credible show of looking like invading. I’m short a few Russian stocks, having been long them over last weekend (successfully).

Putin has to wait until the Olympics Closing Ceremony is over. Don’t want to spoil Xi’s big day.

2 Likes

Supreme Court agrees to hear Biden challenge to Remain in Mexico

Biden is pulling out all the stops to allow entry into our country of as many illegals as is humanly possible. Now only the Court can put an end to this insanity.

Note that Biden has lost twice in the lower courts. Neither that, nor I suspect anything else, is going to stop his anti-American fusillade. If the Supreme Court rules against him, he will still find a way.

For Biden, “America first” is nothing but BS, unless by that you mean Central and South America first. Then he’s totally on board. And as they arrive by the tens of thousands and begin to suckle on our bloated welfare system teat, Biden expects real Americans to foot the bill. He is WELL aware we have no choice.

Biden pushes to the limit on behalf of illegals

1 Like

Biden’s vision for America

Every POTUS since President Washington has had a vision for our country, a goal to be pursued and achieved. For Biden and his Democrats that goal becomes more clear with each passing day:

Biden seeks to help America achieve third world status

Biden and his Democrats admire the third world, a world of distress, poverty, struggle, mayhem, and unhappiness. Biden is doing all he can to take us there. He deeply resents the unfairness of America’s former greatness. To Biden, why should our country enjoy relative wealth, privilege, and success while billions worldwide suffer? We deserve, in his view, no such entitlement. Instead, everyone should have the same. And Biden is doing his best to level the playing field:

He is importing, at a record clip, poor peasants to whom he happily will redistribute the wealth for which many Americans have worked and saved their entire lives.

He is destroying apace America’s former energy independence. This allows him to distribute our wealth abroad as he seeks to purchase from foreigners energy which we are able easily to produce here. But domestic energy production benefits Americans. That is not the goal.

He is engaging with our enemies, e.g. Iran, at the expense of nations friendly to America. This works for Biden because he believes America is undeserving of its superpower status and needs more adversaries to cut us down to the proper size.

Biden goes out of his way to support all people of color regardless the merits of their issues. This is because, as he looks out across the entire world, he sees such people overrepresented in the third world circumstances he wants to make manifest at home. For Biden, if you can’t physically move our country into the third world, bring it here.

And there is so much more. Biden detests America as founded and is doing his level best to cut us down and teach us a few lessons. Sadly, his efforts appear to be bearing fruit.

1 Like

I’m assuming some sit at home and watch FoxNews/OAN/NewsMax 24/7. It must be so disheartening that they stopped giving more red meat re: Durham. But then POOF - it’s all gone from their airwaves with no explanation of course. Here’s the explanation for everyone not ensconced in the right-wing echo chambers:

Video: Hear why right-wing media abruptly stopped covering false Hillary Clinton story - CNN Video

Thank you, zzz, for posting that. I have been aware for some time of the various liberal media attacks and comebacks on Durham’s findings so far.

The heart of the Durham exposé will and can not materialize until leadership changes in the Congress. That will allow the proper hearings to be held. Democrats will never commence such hearings. The last thing they want to trumpet is Durham’s findings. And they are well aware of Durham’s reputation of almost painful caretaking with his probe. Durham is a lawyer’s lawyer. He is most assuredly no Robert Mueller. Remember how Mueller folded like a cheap suit under Congressional cross examination? That will not happen with Durham and, again, Democrats are all too aware of this.

So we wait to learn the outcome of the November election. If Democrats remain in power, nothing Durham has done or will do will ever become widely known. That’s just the reality of 2022 American politics. But should Republicans gain power, Hillary might well end up feeling the same sort of pressure Trump is experiencing today. There is one exception to all that:

In my opinion, Durham has laid a predicate which will make impossible a Hillary comeback. Such a POTUS try by Hillary is the only other way Durham’s findings could come to the fore. This is not anything I anticipate. And I don’t in the least believe Durham’s probe is going forward with this scenario in mind. But there is such a thing as collateral damage.

1 Like

As opposed to others who remain plastered to CNN all day?

1 Like

Well from the look of the ratings at CNN, it doesn’t look like there are too many doing that.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree that someone isnt being honest with us. But it isnt the Supreme Court.

The whole “They stopped us from doing what we want, so they’re obviously not doing their job” shtick is getting pretty tiresome.

1 Like